another Lance/Kristen story

"Gary German" <gary_g@charter_NOSPAMX_.net> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Magni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > A few questions. Does The Star have photos of an indiscretion? Why
didn't
> > Lance's management deny the infidelity rumor? How much might an indiscretion be worth in
> > endorsement revenue lost? Isn't Texas a
> community
> > property state where Kristen gets 1/2 of everything? Will she have
> problems
> > finding an new husband who will sign a pre-nuptial? Is there a White
Lady
> > lurking in Spain?
> >

> AFAIK, Texas is NOT a community property state. At least, it wasn't back
in
> the early 90's when I lived there.

I am thinking it will not matter. I think if they do divorce that her attorneys can make
a great case that she played a key role in his earnings. She was in commercials with him
and excerpts from his book will be used. I am thinking it will be a slam dunk.

> > "Ken McKisson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > sounds like a lot of innuendo and gossip to me. not saying any of it
is
> > not
> > > true, but most of that belongs in a tabloid newspaper and don't care
> > put
> > > much credence into much of it.
> > >
> > > "Jonas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

I couldn't agree more. Rumours are not the stuff of respectable journalism.

"Ken McKisson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> sounds like a lot of innuendo and gossip to me. not saying any of it is
not
> true, but most of that belongs in a tabloid newspaper and don't care to
put
> much credence into much of it.
>
> "Jonas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > she should quit her crying. i hope lance had her sign a prenup.
> >
> > http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/55308.htm

> Athletes in the "major" sports in America (football, basketball, baseball) have these sorts of
> marital problems all the time (as do people in
general).
> Some of the athletes have horrendous private lives, fathering all sorts of illegitimate
> children, etc.

It must be nice to be able to screw around on your wife without worrying about that happening...

In article <[email protected]>, "Kurgan Gringioni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Jonas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > she should quit her crying. i hope lance had her sign a prenup.
> >
> > http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/55308.htm
>

> This article is a good example of just how big a star LANCE has become.
>

> Athletes in the "major" sports in America (football, basketball, baseball) have these sorts of
> marital problems all the time (as do people in general). Some of the athletes have horrendous
> private lives, fathering all sorts of illegitimate children, etc. Much worse than a separation
> with hurt feelings and rumored indiscretions.
>

> How many of these athletes get their marital problems written about in the tabloids? Only a few.

That's the thing, it's hardly scandalous. He hasn't (to our knowledge) been abusive, hired a hit man
to kill her, etc. It's just that they were supposed to be this american sweetheart couple who
survived so much, etc.

"Tom Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >From: "Kurgan Gringioni"
>
> (The Armstrongs portrayed as "american sweetheart couple...)
>
> (TP wrote):
> >> I don't recall either of *them* saying >>that.
>
> >No, but they were portrayed that way in >advertisements.
>
> Should they have insisted on complete creative control?

beats me, I was just noting that

I agree. I have a 4 year old (girl) and a 1 year old (boy). The 1 year old is 10 x the work my
daughter ever was. I'm ready for the looney bin after taking care of him during the weekends.

This story made the news segment on the Howard Stern Radio Show this morning and Howard mused that
if Kristin got some nice implants it would solve their martial problems.

I often imagine leaving my wife and kids and taking off to Jamacia for a week and would love to hook
up with Mrs. A.

"JTN" <[email protected]> wrote:

>the twins hit again..... its tough work, expecially for someone dreaming of sipping mai tais on the
>beachs of jamaica by day and loving on the beach by night. not feeding screaming kids day in day
>out for yeeeeeeeeears...... she is worn out and he could give a ****....."say tomage"....

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tom
Paterson) wrote:

> >From: "Kurgan Gringioni"
>
> (The Armstrongs portrayed as "american sweetheart couple...)
>
> (TP wrote):
> >> I don't recall either of *them* saying >>that.
>
> >No, but they were portrayed that way in >advertisements.
>
> Should they have insisted on complete creative control?
>
> This reminds me of a cartoon someone told me about. A big sign over a large building proclaims
> "Convention of Fully Functional Families". There are three cars in the huge parking lot.
>
> Contrast to the French cartoon I did see-- "American Bicycle Club". Tiny building, large parking
> lot full of cars with empty roof racks. --Tom
Paterson

Recently, our local paper ran a cartoon titled 'A headline you'll never see.' The headline was
"Agnostics slaughter atheists!"

A different topic altogether but your cartoons sort of reminded me of it.

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:48:05 GMT, [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tom
>Paterson) wrote:
>
>> >From: "Kurgan Gringioni"
>>
>> (The Armstrongs portrayed as "american sweetheart couple...)

>> >No, but they were portrayed that way in >advertisements.
>>
>> Should they have insisted on complete creative control?
>>
>> This reminds me of a cartoon someone told me about. A big sign over a large building proclaims
>> "Convention of Fully Functional Families". There are three cars in the huge parking lot.
>>
>> Contrast to the French cartoon I did see-- "American Bicycle Club". Tiny building, large parking
>> lot full of cars with empty roof racks. --Tom
>Paterson
>
>Recently, our local paper ran a cartoon titled 'A headline you'll never see.' The headline was
>"Agnostics slaughter atheists!"

Isn't religion grand?

Christians slaughter half of the world's population, steal all of their land and "allow" the
survivors to be their slaves and convert them to be "Christians".

Muslims are in the process of killing anyone that doesn't agree with their brand of foolishness.

Jews and Arabs, IRA, The Christian Righ, all busy killing one another, Hindus killing Bhuddists,
etc, etc, etc.

Makes me think that anyone that belives the "Bible God" and other fairy talil religions are insane
for the most part.

A good book that you may want to read is: "A Peoples's History of the United States 1492 to Present"
by Howard Zinn

Sparhawk.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:48:05 GMT, [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:

> >> (The Armstrongs portrayed as "american sweetheart couple...)

> >> Should they have insisted on complete creative control?
> >>
> >> This reminds me of a cartoon someone told me about. A big sign over a large building proclaims
> >> "Convention of Fully Functional Families". There
are three
> >> cars in the huge parking lot.
> >>
> >> Contrast to the French cartoon I did see-- "American Bicycle Club". Tiny building, large
> >> parking lot full of cars with empty roof racks. --Tom
> >Paterson
> >
> >Recently, our local paper ran a cartoon titled 'A headline you'll never see.' The headline was
> >"Agnostics slaughter atheists!"
>
> Isn't religion grand?
>
> Christians slaughter half of the world's population, steal all of their land and "allow" the
> survivors to be their slaves and convert them to be "Christians".
>
> Muslims are in the process of killing anyone that doesn't agree with their brand of foolishness.
>
> Jews and Arabs, IRA, The Christian Righ, all busy killing one another, Hindus killing Bhuddists,
> etc, etc, etc.
>
> Makes me think that anyone that belives the "Bible God" and other fairy talil religions are insane
> for the most part.
>
> A good book that you may want to read is: "A Peoples's History of the United States 1492 to
> Present" by Howard Zinn
>

> Sparhawk.

LOL... that's like the Tom Lehrer song, "national brotherhood week."

"Oh the catholics hate the protestants and the protestants hate the catholics and the hindus hate
the muslims And everyone hates the jews!"

Just out of curiousity, when IS National brotherhood week anyways?

Sparhawk wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:48:05 GMT, [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:

>>> (The Armstrongs portrayed as "american sweetheart couple...)

>>> Should they have insisted on complete creative control?
>>>
>>> This reminds me of a cartoon someone told me about. A big sign over a large building proclaims
>>> "Convention of Fully Functional Families". There are three cars in the huge parking lot.
>>>
>>> Contrast to the French cartoon I did see-- "American Bicycle Club". Tiny building, large parking
>>> lot full of cars with empty roof racks. --Tom
>>Paterson
>>
>>Recently, our local paper ran a cartoon titled 'A headline you'll never see.' The headline was
>>"Agnostics slaughter atheists!"
>
> Isn't religion grand?
>
> Christians slaughter half of the world's population, steal all of their land and "allow" the
> survivors to be their slaves and convert them to be "Christians".
>
> Muslims are in the process of killing anyone that doesn't agree with their brand of foolishness.
>
> Jews and Arabs, IRA, The Christian Righ, all busy killing one another, Hindus killing Bhuddists,
> etc, etc, etc.
>
> Makes me think that anyone that belives the "Bible God" and other fairy talil religions are insane
> for the most part.
>
> A good book that you may want to read is: "A Peoples's History of the United States 1492 to
> Present" by Howard Zinn
>

> Sparhawk.

Oh Christ,

You trying to stir kunich up?

Joe

P.S. - "Too many people have died in the name of Christ for anyone to heed the call..."
--

Pursuant to U.S. code,title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, and consistent with Oregon
State Law, any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a consulting

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 23:13:51 GMT, [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:48:05 GMT, [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:

>are three

>> >Paterson
>> >
>> >Recently, our local paper ran a cartoon titled 'A headline you'll never see.' The headline was
>> >"Agnostics slaughter atheists!"
>>
>> Isn't religion grand?
>>
>> Christians slaughter half of the world's population, steal all of their land and "allow" the
>> survivors to be their slaves and convert them to be "Christians".
>>
>> Muslims are in the process of killing anyone that doesn't agree with their brand of foolishness.
>>
>> Jews and Arabs, IRA, The Christian Righ, all busy killing one another, Hindus killing Bhuddists,
>> etc, etc, etc.
>>
>> Makes me think that anyone that belives the "Bible God" and other fairy talil religions are
>> insane for the most part.
>>
>> A good book that you may want to read is: "A Peoples's History of the United States 1492 to
>> Present" by Howard Zinn
>>

>> Sparhawk.
>
>LOL... that's like the Tom Lehrer song, "national brotherhood week."
>
>"Oh the catholics hate the protestants and the protestants hate the catholics and the hindus hate
>the muslims And everyone hates the jews!"
>
>Just out of curiousity, when IS National brotherhood week anyways?

1. National Brotherhood Week One week of every year is designated National Brotherhood Week. This is
just one of many such weeks honoring various worthy causes. One of my favorites is National
Make-Fun-Of-The-Handicapped Week, which Frank Fontaine and Jerry Lewis are in charge of as you
know. During National Brotherhood Week various special events are arranged to drive home the
message of brotherhood - this year, for example, on the first day of the week, Malcolm X was
killed, which gives you an idea of how effective the whole thing is.

I'm sure we all agree that we ought to love one another, and I know there are people in the world
who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! Here's a song about National
Brotherhood Week.

Oh, the white folks hate the black folks, And the black folks hate the white folks; To hate all but
the right folks Is an old established rule.

But during National Brotherhood Week, National Brotherhood Week, Lena Horne and Sheriff Clark are
dancing cheek to cheek. It's fun to eulogize The people you despise As long as you don't let 'em in
your school.

Oh, the poor folks hate the rich folks, And the rich folks hate the poor folks. All of my folks hate
all of your folks, It's American as apple pie.

But during National Brotherhood Week, National Brotherhood Week, New Yorkers love the Puerto Ricans
'cause it's very chic. Step up and shake the hand Of someone you can't stand, You can tolerate him
if you try!

Oh, the Protestants hate the Catholics And the Catholics hate the Protestants, And the Hindus hate
the Moslems, And everybody hates the Jews.

But during National Brotherhood Week, National Brotherhood Week, It's National
Everyone-Smile-At-One-Another-Hood Week. Be nice to people who Are inferior to you. It's only for a
week, so have no fear; Be grateful that it doesn't last all year!

But you already knew this, didn't you! LOL

No ****, after all it's MY job to take "cheap shots" at religion...

> P.S. - "Too many people have died in the name of Christ for anyone to heed the call..."

"Duck and Cover!!!!"

--
tanx, Howard

Read. Think. Type. Send.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

For some people, quantity IS quality...

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 23:13:51 GMT, [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:

> >are three

> >> Isn't religion grand?
> >>
> >> Christians slaughter half of the world's population, steal all of their land and "allow" the
> >> survivors to be their slaves and convert them to be "Christians".
> >>
> >> Muslims are in the process of killing anyone that doesn't agree with their brand of
> >> foolishness.
> >>
> >> Jews and Arabs, IRA, The Christian Righ, all busy killing one another, Hindus killing
> >> Bhuddists, etc, etc, etc.
> >>
> >> Makes me think that anyone that belives the "Bible God" and other fairy talil religions are
> >> insane for the most part.
> >>
> >> A good book that you may want to read is: "A Peoples's History of the United States 1492 to
> >> Present" by Howard Zinn
> >>

> >> Sparhawk.
> >
> >LOL... that's like the Tom Lehrer song, "national brotherhood week."
> >
> >"Oh the catholics hate the protestants and the protestants hate the catholics and the hindus hate
> >the muslims And everyone hates the jews!"
> >
> >Just out of curiousity, when IS National brotherhood week anyways?
>

> 1. National Brotherhood Week One week of every year is designated National Brotherhood Week. This
> is just one of many such weeks honoring various worthy causes. One of my favorites is National
> Make-Fun-Of-The-Handicapped Week, which Frank Fontaine and Jerry Lewis are in charge of as you
> know. During National Brotherhood Week various special events are arranged to drive home the
> message of brotherhood - this year, for example, on the first day of the week, Malcolm X was
> killed, which gives you an idea of how effective the whole thing is.

> But you already knew this, didn't you! LOL
>
> Sparhawk

Yep, that's the song.

Also, the first week in march is International WOmen's Week, with March 8 being Women's day. My
friend and I made up a song based on "Brotherhood week", with the same melody which goes:

"International Women's Week International women's week (name the known feminist) and (name the known
chauvinist jerk) are dancing cheek to cheek!"

I always send her an email around that time, every year with a different set of names. Sometimes
it's someone that we know, not anyone famous.

I did not want to bring this up because of the awful religious threads on RBR. But...I do wonder if
Kristen is truly a believer (as opposed to a cultural Catholic) then it must have caused some rifts
over the years. I have seen and heard of many couples that get married where a believer expects the
atheist to eventually see the logic of Christianity. Lance has obviously been blessed in so many
ways, that it if their was an expectation from Kristen to be able to convert Lance, then it would
just get more an more of a serious rift. As I said, if Kristin is a true believer, it would drive
her nuts for Lance to attribute all of his blessings and great fortune to his own personal;
greatness. I also noticed that Lance started to wear a huge cross since he was married. If I were to
guess, I would surmise that Lance played along that he assumed would placate her. Everything was
cool until the discussion of how to raise the kids came up and decisions needed to be made (Catholic
pre-school? Why not Lance, you promised, sort of...)

I mean, I don't know. They seemed to have everything but that, and when I heard he was an atheist
and she was a Catholic, I knew they would have to resolve that some how some day. I guess Kristin
was overly optimistic as far as her chances of converting Lance or at least getting firm commitments
on how to raise the children. She should have asked me. The only mixed marriages that I have heard
of working are (forget about cultural religious participants, they don't really care) couples that
come up with iron clad agreements on how the beliefs will be presented to the kids from the time the
speak until college.

news:[email protected]...

"Sparhawk" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:48:05 GMT, [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:

> >> (The Armstrongs portrayed as "american sweetheart couple...)

> >> Should they have insisted on complete creative control?
> >>
> >> This reminds me of a cartoon someone told me about. A big sign over a
large
> >> building proclaims "Convention of Fully Functional Families". There are
three
> >> cars in the huge parking lot.
> >>
> >> Contrast to the French cartoon I did see-- "American Bicycle Club".
Tiny
> >> building, large parking lot full of cars with empty roof racks. --Tom
> >Paterson
> >
> >Recently, our local paper ran a cartoon titled 'A headline you'll never see.' The headline was
> >"Agnostics slaughter atheists!"
>
> Isn't religion grand?
>
> Christians slaughter half of the world's population, steal all of their land and "allow" the
> survivors to be their slaves and convert them to be "Christians".

That was the Catolics. It wasn't Christians that read the bible and thought it was a great idea, it
was corrupt old guys in control of the most powerful institution at the time that ordered those
killings in order to preserve the institution and therefore their personal power. The peole
responsible for those acts were as Christian as ****** (who also claimed to be, along with the KKK.)

> Muslims are in the process of killing anyone that doesn't agree with their brand of foolishness.

Thank Mohmmed for that. That is his declared method of conversion ever since he decided to
replace Christ.

> Jews and Arabs

Mohammed taught the Arabs to attack and kill (it is in their bible) and the Jews use the Tora (an
eye for seer dozen eyes) to justify aggressive retaliation.

, IRA, The Christian Righ, all busy killing one'

That has nothing to do with religion except that The Church of England happens to be reformists
while half of Ireland stayed loyal to the Holy Roman Church (catholicism)

> another, Hindus killing Bhuddists, etc, etc, etc.
>
> Makes me think that anyone that belives the "Bible God" and other fairy talil religions are insane
> for the most part.

These people committing the atrocities do not beleive their professed religions, but do often use
them as means of stirring up hatred. All of the people that you have met beleive in "the bible god"
are insane by your standards? Where do you live?

> A good book that you may want to read is: "A Peoples's History of the United States 1492 to
> Present" by Howard Zinn

You might consider reading the books you critisize. Nah, it is much easier to look down your nose at
the rest of the world.

On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 06:29:59 GMT, "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> A good book that you may want to read is: "A Peoples's History of the United States 1492 to
>> Present" by Howard Zinn
>
>You might consider reading the books you critisize. Nah, it is much easier to look down your nose
>at the rest of the world.

Oh I have read the Bible and find nothing holy about it!

Job 14:1-4 Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble. He cometh forth like a
flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not. And doth thou open thine
eyes upon such an one, and bringest me into judgment with thee? Who can bring a clean thing out of
an unclean? not one.

Even under the new theology invented by Paul, Mary was just as much tarnished by "original sin" as
any other mortal woman and could not produce a God from her womb. Mary also had to be, and was,
purified after the birth of Jesus just as every other unclean mortal woman who gave birth.

I am a big fan of Thomas Paine and Thomas Jefferson though.

"As to the people called Christians, they have no evidence that their religion is true. There is no
more proof that the Bible is the Word of God, than the Koran of Mohammed is the Word of God." -- The
Life and Works of Thomas Paine, Vol. 9, p. 294

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been
burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity."

-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782.

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in
the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of
Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will
do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of
this most venerated reformer of human errors."

-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

Revelation 22:12-16 reads,

22:12"Behold, I come quickly. My reward is with me, to repay to each man according to his work.
22:13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
22:14Blessed are those who do his commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life,
and may enter in by the gates into the city. 22:15Outside are

idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. 22:16I, Jesus, have sent my angel to
testify these things to you for the assemblies. I am the root and the offspring of David; the Bright
and Morning Star."

Note that Jesus calls himself the "Morning Star", another name for Satan.

Sparhawk

In article <[email protected]>, "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I did not want to bring this up because of the awful religious threads on RBR. But...I do wonder
> if Kristen is truly a believer (as opposed to a cultural Catholic) then it must have caused some
> rifts over the years. I have seen and heard of many couples that get married where a believer
> expects the atheist to eventually see the logic of Christianity. Lance has obviously been blessed
> in so many ways, that it if their was an expectation from Kristen to be able to convert Lance,
> then it would just get more an more of a serious rift. As I said, if Kristin is a true believer,
> it would drive her nuts for Lance to attribute all of his blessings and great fortune to his own
> personal; greatness. I also noticed that Lance started to wear a huge cross since he was married.
> If I were to guess, I would surmise that Lance played along that he assumed would placate her.
> Everything was cool until the discussion of how to raise the kids came up and decisions needed to
> be made (Catholic pre-school? Why not Lance, you promised, sort of...)
>
> I mean, I don't know. They seemed to have everything but that, and when I heard he was an atheist
> and she was a Catholic, I knew they would have to resolve that some how some day. I guess Kristin
> was overly optimistic as far as her chances of converting Lance or at least getting firm
> commitments on how to raise the children. She should have asked me. The only mixed marriages that
> I have heard of working are (forget about cultural religious participants, they don't really care)
> couples that come up with iron clad agreements on how the beliefs will be presented to the kids
> from the time the speak until college.

Well, if any couple differs so deeply on such an emotional issue, then it can sure cause problems.
But I know of other couples like that who've worked it out. I think you just have to accept it and
say, "okay, let her have her hocus-pocus" and "okay let him think what he wants". And not trying to
convert the other person is probably the best way to go. But maybe they didn't have much in common
in the first place.

I remember reading that Bill gates and his wife are like that on religion. SHe's also the catholic
and he thinks religion is a waste of time, so she goes to church and he stays home. We could all say
she's with him because of the money but let's face it, she could have divorced him already and still
gotten plenty of bucks. They probably have other things going for them and have a lot in common.