another Lance/Kristen story

On Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:52:30 +1300, Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:

>http://www.msnbc.com/news/878520.asp?

Bush talks about the morality of the bible, I wonder if he ever read it?

Thomas Paine

"Among the most detestable villains in history, you could not find one worse than Moses. Here is
an order, attributed to 'God' to butcher the boys, to massacre the mothers and to debauch and rape
the daughters. I would not dare so dishonor my Creator's name by attaching it to this filthy book
[the Bible]."

"As to the book called the Bible, it is blasphemy to call it the Word of God. It is a book of lies
and contradictions and a history of bad times and bad men."

"Accustom a people to believe that priests and clergy can forgive sins...and you will have sins in
abundance."

"The Christian church has set up a religion of pomp and revenue in pretended imitation of a person
[Jesus] who lived a life of poverty."

"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous
executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would
be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the Word of God. It is a history of
wickedness, that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my own part, I sincerely
detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel."

FYI most of the "Founding Fathers" of the USA were Deists and detested Christians.

Sparhawk

"Sparhawk" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> A good book that you may want to read is: "A Peoples's History of the United States 1492 to
> Present" by Howard Zinn

Hope Howard is more accurate than his brother Leonard.