Another Master National TT Champion

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Rik Van Diesel, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. Or make that Elite. Maybe it's all the video games and tv that make the
    next generation soo slow in the US.
    Christine Thorburn
    Birthdate: 9/17/69

    RVD

    Tags:

  2. patrick

    patrick Guest

    still elite.. everyone (especially us fattie masters)
    know that REAL masters categories don't start until
    you turn 35. she is still in the 'tween purgatory
    of 30somethings who aren't quite ready for the big leagues.

    9/17/69

    > RVD

  3. patrick

    patrick Guest

    ooops.
    forgot racing age is as of end of year. needs
    more coffee and/or toes to count on.

  4. Sonarrat

    Sonarrat Guest

    "Rik Van Diesel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Or make that Elite. Maybe it's all the video games and tv that make the
    > next generation soo slow in the US.
    > Christine Thorburn
    > Birthdate: 9/17/69

    Well, the way things are going for me, I may not have enough free time to train
    seriously until I'm already master's age, and I don't play video games or watch
    TV (except cycling, of course). That's just a function of wanting to go to
    college (one which unfortunately doesn't have a cycling program, like Hamilton's
    University of Colorado), and try my hand at a musical career...

    -Sonarrat.

  5. "Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Rik Van Diesel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    > > Or make that Elite. Maybe it's all the video games and tv that make the
    > > next generation soo slow in the US.
    > > Christine Thorburn
    > > Birthdate: 9/17/69

    > Well, the way things are going for me, I may not have enough free time to train
    > seriously until I'm already master's age, and I don't play video games or watch
    > TV (except cycling, of course). That's just a function of wanting to go to
    > college (one which unfortunately doesn't have a cycling program, like Hamilton's
    > University of Colorado), and try my hand at a musical career...
    >
    > -Sonarrat.

    Fella, if you don't have enough time to train while you are in
    college, you never will. College is a cyclist's dream. It's WAY
    harder to train with a job. Trust me, I've done both.

    -RJ

  6. Sonarrat

    Sonarrat Guest

    Ronaldo Jeremiah wrote:
    > "Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>"Rik Van Diesel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>

    >>>Or make that Elite. Maybe it's all the video games and tv that make the
    >>>next generation soo slow in the US.
    >>>Christine Thorburn
    >>>Birthdate: 9/17/69

    >>Well, the way things are going for me, I may not have enough free time to train
    >>seriously until I'm already master's age, and I don't play video games or watch
    >>TV (except cycling, of course). That's just a function of wanting to go to
    >>college (one which unfortunately doesn't have a cycling program, like Hamilton's
    >>University of Colorado), and try my hand at a musical career...
    >>
    >>-Sonarrat.

    > Fella, if you don't have enough time to train while you are in
    > college, you never will. College is a cyclist's dream. It's WAY
    > harder to train with a job. Trust me, I've done both.

    How about college AND a job?

    -Sonarrat.

  7. warren

    warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Sonarrat
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Ronaldo Jeremiah wrote:
    > > "Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > >>"Rik Van Diesel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >>news:[email protected]

    > >>Well, the way things are going for me, I may not have enough free time to
    > >>train
    > >>seriously until I'm already master's age, and I don't play video games or
    > >>watch
    > >>TV (except cycling, of course). That's just a function of wanting to go to
    > >>college (one which unfortunately doesn't have a cycling program, like
    > >>Hamilton's
    > >>University of Colorado), and try my hand at a musical career...
    > >>
    > >>-Sonarrat.

    > > Fella, if you don't have enough time to train while you are in
    > > college, you never will. College is a cyclist's dream. It's WAY
    > > harder to train with a job. Trust me, I've done both.

    > How about college AND a job?

    I've done both. College life is easier because you don't have to ride
    after you get home from work (in the dark for four months) and you
    probably don't have a commute that makes your legs dead. You can
    usually go out for rides between classes.

    -WG

  8. Sonarrat <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Ronaldo Jeremiah wrote:
    > > "Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > >>"Rik Van Diesel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >>news:[email protected]

    > >>Well, the way things are going for me, I may not have enough free time to train
    > >>seriously until I'm already master's age, and I don't play video games or watch
    > >>TV (except cycling, of course). That's just a function of wanting to go to
    > >>college (one which unfortunately doesn't have a cycling program, like Hamilton's
    > >>University of Colorado), and try my hand at a musical career...
    > >>
    > >>-Sonarrat.

    > > Fella, if you don't have enough time to train while you are in
    > > college, you never will. College is a cyclist's dream. It's WAY
    > > harder to train with a job. Trust me, I've done both.

    > How about college AND a job?
    >
    > -Sonarrat.

    Fair enough - that would make it a bit harder still.

    It can be done, though. It's all about using the time and resources
    that you do have (but I'm sure you already knew that).

    Where do you go to school?

    -RJ