Another mini-restoration

Peter Amey

Guest
On Jan 25, 1:59 pm, Peter Amey <[email protected]> wrote:
> Possibly not saved from scrap like the Dawes Galaxy project I mentioned
> in an earler post here, but a nice Peugot saved from an eternity in a
> dark garage. All I have done is re-rim the wheels, replace a wonky LH
> crank and put on some bar tape.
>
> Picture in kitchen to respect u.r.c traditions.http://ccgi.peteramey.plus.com/MyBlog/index.php?p=99
>
> The Dawes is here if anyone is interested.http://ccgi.peteramey.plus.com/MyBlog/index.php?p=34
>
> Peter
>
> --www.amey.org.uk

Hi Peter,

I see you're thinking about a new seatpost for this bike.
Are you sure that it's 22.0mm?
If it is, the nearest match I can think of is a BMX post.
However, I have a similar bike of about the same age, which was 24.0mm,
an equally unusual size, which is/was available from
www.yellowjersey.org in the US.

http://groups.google.ie/group/uk.re...st&q=bookieb+seatpost&rnum=1#7302b71822146f43
records that discussion - search the group for 24.0mm seatpost if the
link is broken.

hth,

bookieb

bookieb wrote:

> On Jan 25, 1:59 pm, Peter Amey <[email protected]> wrote:

[snip]

>>--www.amey.org.uk

> Hi Peter,
>
> I see you're thinking about a new seatpost for this bike.
> Are you sure that it's 22.0mm?
> If it is, the nearest match I can think of is a BMX post.
> However, I have a similar bike of about the same age, which was 24.0mm,
> an equally unusual size, which is/was available from
> www.yellowjersey.org in the US.

[snip]

> bookieb

Thanks. I'll dig the verniers out before I buy anything but it
certainly looked like 22mm.

Peter
--
www.amey.org.uk

"Peter Amey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Picture in kitchen to respect u.r.c traditions.
> http://ccgi.peteramey.plus.com/MyBlog/index.php?p=99

My oh my - my first 'proper' bike - Christmas 1985. Mine had a carrier and
white bar tape, and cottered cranks, but the paint job and graphics are the
same. Me and the peugeot went miles... does that one have the little peg on
the stay to hook the chain on when removing the rear wheel?

The memories - oh, the memories.

Thanks

Tim

--
Sent from Birmingham, UK... Check out www.nervouscyclist.org
'I find sometimes it's easy to be myself, but sometimes I find it's

Tim Dunne wrote:
> ... does that one have the little peg on
> the stay to hook the chain on when removing the rear wheel?

Ooh, I'll have a closer look.

> The memories - oh, the memories.

My pleasure!

Peter