Another newbie commuter looking for advice

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:25:09 +0100, David Martin
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Don't forget to budget for things like:
>
>Lights,
>clothing (shorts, waterproof, gloves)
>luggage (panniers/rucksack)
>pump (get a track pump for home and a small pump for emergencies)
>tools for basic maintenance.

Good call. I recently started cycling. I spent my *budget* on the best
bike I could afford, then realised I was only half way there!

Extra's so far have totalled ~200ukp (mainly the clothing/protective
gear) :-(

I still haven't bought lights for winter, or the cycling shoes and SPD
peddles I now am finding that I really do NEED.

Then there is the cycling computer/monitor, storage rack, training
rack, the list is endless....and it all costs an awful lot more than
you expect.

As I am finding, this activity, although great fun, can make a big
hole in your pocket.