Another Newbie

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by elrohwen, Aug 13, 2003.

1. elrohwen

elrohwen New Member

Hey there from another newbie to the forums. A little about myself:
    I'm 19 years old and female (which puts me in the minority for both age and sex)... I'm from Pittsburgh, PA, but I go to school at Cornell in Ithaca, NY so that's where I am for most of the year (any Cornellians out there?)

I haven't been riding for very long, but I've been around bikes forever. My dad has been riding for the past 15 years or so which 1) allows me to get his great old bikes for free; and 2) means that he's my free repair service :) I currently only have an old Trek mountain bike (of which only the frame is original), but my bike and I masquerade as roadies most of the time.

I typically do 30mi a day on the weekends and I try to get out about three times during the week for another 15-20mi ride. I just got back from my first long bike trip (60mi a day for two days) so I feel like I'm finally initiated into the world of long distance cycling. I can't wait to get back up to school so I can do some more cycling around the Finger Lakes region.

Umm, any replies would be appreciated; (especially if you're young/female/or from Cornell :) )

Tags:

2. The Joker

The Joker New Member

30 miles a day? that's pretty impressive you must be in good shape...[picture]

3. elrohwen

elrohwen New Member

Ehh, I'm not really in great shape :) But I guess I'm getting there. Hopefully I'll be able to easily do 50mi a day (I've done a bit more than 50 a day, but it sure wasn't easy).

What kind of riding do you do?

4. The Joker

The Joker New Member

I like to get in at least 14 miles a day. That's 2 laps of my usual route. So normally it's a multiple of 7. Not as much as I would like to do, but it's hard to find the time....I do downhilling as well, but increasingly more road riding.