Another one bites the dust, much to my satisfaction

Yup, Ed is what's wrong with Canadian cycling. That's perceptive.

Are you racing for a free Big Mac this weekend?

Fausto Coppied said:
Yup, Ed is what's wrong with Canadian cycling. That's perceptive.

Are you racing for a free Big Mac this weekend?
Are you talking about yourself in the third person this weekend?

No, Uboat, it appears, as usual, YOU are talking about me.

Not surprising since you know nothing else.

Why do you visit a cycling forum if you know nothing about the sport?

If you do know something about the sport why not discuss that instead of me?

Banned again! Ed, Ed, Ed... Why have you antagonized other humans so? And don't bore people with the stories of pulling your funds from banks: they refused your old Evian water bottle filled with loose change long ago.

For the information of readers, it would be useful to note that Ed is also banned from heaven (which you would expect) as well as hell: we on the monotheist side just refused to deal with him outright. So we took a modern solution and outsourced his eternal damnation to the Chinese. The Chinese hell, Di Yu, is a perfect spot for him: there, he will actively engage in endless politics and can even find a way back to heaven (the Evian water bottle might come in handy after all), where no one will understand him, nor he them: a situation he's used to.

Sorry, have to run: I'm wanted on a botany forum.

Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 5:19 PM
To: 'blanchardatcanadian-cycling.com'; 'andrewatBicycle.ns.ca'; 'ahestlerataol.com'; 'hershoffatsympatico.ca'; 'kevanatthebikeshop.com'; 'Tolkampatcanfor.ca'; 'lestomlinsonataol.com'
Cc: 'steve.lacelleatcanadian-cycling.com'
Subject: CEO Selection Committee

August 23, 2006

To the Canadian Cycling Association,

Again, for the sixth time in three years (Hutsebaut, Mercier, Hutsebaut, Stewart & Lacelle, for those unaware of the background), the CCA finds itself in need of administrative leadership and looking for a new Executive Director or CEO/COO.

Again, I will offer my services to you, the sport and the country.

Again the CCA has the opportunity to do the right thing, to hire someone with the necessary experience in cycling, management and with a passion for the sport untainted by personal commercial interests or insider politics.

That being said, there is little reason to expect the CCA to make a good choice. After all you allowed the biggest cycling event in the country in 29 years to be run by people without any cycling experience whatsoever (Braley, Lumsden & Co.). You elected a President for your association with a track record of leading the long-time worst cycling province in the nation. He, in turn, filled the two top positions in the governing body of the sport in the country with individuals who had no cycling experience either.

It is time for cyclists to take to back their sport.

It is time for radical change.

I assume Bret Stewart will be given some consideration for this position as he should. Brett is a valuable asset to the CCA and does a good job. That being said, Brett was also on staff for the last 10 years or so and witnessed the decline of the CCA and either could do nothing about it or chose not to. It would be the status quo at best if he was to take charge. BTW, The same is true of Lister Farrar another likely candidate.

On the other hand, I would want to work with Brett. In fact, given that is it unlikely the CCA could afford to hire both a CEO/Executive Director and Events/Public Relations person, as I believe it eventually should, I would want to divide the current tasks and mandate of the CEO with Brett Stewart.

I have been proposing this change to the CCA for awhile.

The current job of the CEO should be divided with both people reporting to the Board of Directors. There is the need for a person in the office who is familiar with the procedural work and who has well-established contacts with Sport Canada and the provinces. There should be some continuity, especially given how many changes there have been at the CCA in the last few years. Yet there has to be someone from the office to represent it at major events and to look after CCA interests. One person cannot do it all and the CCA lacks funds to hire two more people.

That would be the first change I would implement.

I would also fire Kim Sebrango. She has done nothing of consequence in more than a year on the job. She doesn’t know the sport and she cannot speak passionately about it so how can she sell it.

My focus would be to revive inner-city and point-to-point road racing. That is key to reviving the sport. That is not to say I would neglect MTB (I raced MTB in the past) or BMX but anybody that thinks those disciplines will save the sport cannot read the writing on the wall. They will only further marginalize the sport. Media, sponsors and the spectators want to see pro road racing.

Grassroots development is not the key either. Soccer Canada has 500,000 grassroots participants yet it is in worse shape here commercially than cycling and Canada is ranked worse in international competition in soccer than in cycling.

Show the youth pro racing and they will want to race. It really is that simple.

Another objective would be to have each province hold at least one major ( i.e. National or International sanctioned) event per year. If a province is not up to doing it on its own the CCA should assist until the province can.

As for experience, after 34 years of involvement at every level of the sport in every capacity (tourist, racer, mechanic, coach, manager, writer, photographer, organizer, sponsor, retail sales, wholesale, manufacturing and more, everything except commissaire), I am obviously qualified. The CCA’s new President has known me for more than 20 years, so he can vouch for my experience. As far as I know, I’m the only person in all of Canada that has worked for a Road World Cup (1999) and a World Road Championships (2003).

I am fluently bilingual. I have years of experience in the not-for-profit sector and in dealing with all levels of government (Municipal, Provincial and Federal). In fact, I am currently working with all these three levels and obtaining their funding at my current employment.

So, once again the CCA has a chance to do the right thing and bring a cyclist to run cycling, or not. Either way I will continue to voice my opinion on how to improve the sport in Canada. I welcome discussion on any of these topics, either public or private

Sincerely,

Ed Arzouian

PS For the sake of transparency, something else currently lacking at the CCA, this letter has been posted on www.cyclingforums.com

Ever hear of "less is more,", Ed? I mean "Fausto?" You just posted the same ****ing letter on three threads, completely monopolizing things as always. I guess what sub55 posted about Narcissistic Personality Disorder was right.

Fausto Coppied said:
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 5:19 PM
To: 'blanchardatcanadian-cycling.com'; 'andrewatBicycle.ns.ca'; 'ahestlerataol.com'; 'hershoffatsympatico.ca'; 'kevanatthebikeshop.com'; 'Tolkampatcanfor.ca'; 'lestomlinsonataol.com'
Cc: 'steve.lacelleatcanadian-cycling.com'
Subject: CEO Selection Committee

August 23, 2006

To the Canadian Cycling Association,

Again, for the sixth time in three years (Hutsebaut, Mercier, Hutsebaut, Stewart & Lacelle, for those unaware of the background), the CCA finds itself in need of administrative leadership and looking for a new Executive Director or CEO/COO.

Again, I will offer my services to you, the sport and the country.

Again the CCA has the opportunity to do the right thing, to hire someone with the necessary experience in cycling, management and with a passion for the sport untainted by personal commercial interests or insider politics.

That being said, there is little reason to expect the CCA to make a good choice. After all you allowed the biggest cycling event in the country in 29 years to be run by people without any cycling experience whatsoever (Braley, Lumsden & Co.). You elected a President for your association with a track record of leading the long-time worst cycling province in the nation. He, in turn, filled the two top positions in the governing body of the sport in the country with individuals who had no cycling experience either.

It is time for cyclists to take to back their sport.

It is time for radical change.

I assume Bret Stewart will be given some consideration for this position as he should. Brett is a valuable asset to the CCA and does a good job. That being said, Brett was also on staff for the last 10 years or so and witnessed the decline of the CCA and either could do nothing about it or chose not to. It would be the status quo at best if he was to take charge. BTW, The same is true of Lister Farrar another likely candidate.

On the other hand, I would want to work with Brett. In fact, given that is it unlikely the CCA could afford to hire both a CEO/Executive Director and Events/Public Relations person, as I believe it eventually should, I would want to divide the current tasks and mandate of the CEO with Brett Stewart.

I have been proposing this change to the CCA for awhile.

The current job of the CEO should be divided with both people reporting to the Board of Directors. There is the need for a person in the office who is familiar with the procedural work and who has well-established contacts with Sport Canada and the provinces. There should be some continuity, especially given how many changes there have been at the CCA in the last few years. Yet there has to be someone from the office to represent it at major events and to look after CCA interests. One person cannot do it all and the CCA lacks funds to hire two more people.

That would be the first change I would implement.

I would also fire Kim Sebrango. She has done nothing of consequence in more than a year on the job. She doesn’t know the sport and she cannot speak passionately about it so how can she sell it.

My focus would be to revive inner-city and point-to-point road racing. That is key to reviving the sport. That is not to say I would neglect MTB (I raced MTB in the past) or BMX but anybody that thinks those disciplines will save the sport cannot read the writing on the wall. They will only further marginalize the sport. Media, sponsors and the spectators want to see pro road racing.

Grassroots development is not the key either. Soccer Canada has 500,000 grassroots participants yet it is in worse shape here commercially than cycling and Canada is ranked worse in international competition in soccer than in cycling.

Show the youth pro racing and they will want to race. It really is that simple.

Another objective would be to have each province hold at least one major ( i.e. National or International sanctioned) event per year. If a province is not up to doing it on its own the CCA should assist until the province can.

As for experience, after 34 years of involvement at every level of the sport in every capacity (tourist, racer, mechanic, coach, manager, writer, photographer, organizer, sponsor, retail sales, wholesale, manufacturing and more, everything except commissaire), I am obviously qualified. The CCA’s new President has known me for more than 20 years, so he can vouch for my experience. As far as I know, I’m the only person in all of Canada that has worked for a Road World Cup (1999) and a World Road Championships (2003).

I am fluently bilingual. I have years of experience in the not-for-profit sector and in dealing with all levels of government (Municipal, Provincial and Federal). In fact, I am currently working with all these three levels and obtaining their funding at my current employment.

So, once again the CCA has a chance to do the right thing and bring a cyclist to run cycling, or not. Either way I will continue to voice my opinion on how to improve the sport in Canada. I welcome discussion on any of these topics, either public or private

Sincerely,

Ed Arzouian

PS For the sake of transparency, something else currently lacking at the CCA, this letter has been posted on www.cyclingforums.com

Once agian, Uboat, you have nothing of substance to add. I must be boring being you.

Anyway, nice to see everyone is here posting. That's exactly what I was hoping for.

You're all so easy!

Anybody posted anything on the Pedal Forum this thius entire season?
Paddy, don't people want to read you there

At least we can spell, Ed. Funny, you going off about Prairie's mistake. You're terrible. Read your post. (Go ahead, edit it real fast.)

Sorry, I meant "Fausto".

Fausto Coppied said:
Once agian, Uboat, you have nothing of substance to add. I must be boring being you.

Anyway, nice to see everyone is here posting. That's exactly what I was hoping for.

You're all so easy!

Anybody posted anything on the Pedal Forum this thius entire season?
Paddy, don't people want to read you there

Anytime you want to address the issues regarding cycling, Uboat, you let me know.

Again to to summarize:

Short-term:
1. Divide the tasks and mandate of the CEO/COO, sharing some with the program development person and add more event & sposnors representration.
2. Fire Sebrango.
3. Revive real pro road racing in Canada.
4. Increase transparency at the CCA and more it more responsive to riders questions and issues.
5. Increase merchandising and sales with many more products, services, partnerships and options.

Long-term:
1. Build a velodrome in downtown Montreal.
2. Move the CCA offices to the London, ON area near the velodrome to make it a bigger cycling centre with many more services and capabilities.

To the CCA, I'd like to offer a recommendatioin for my employment from the illustrious cycling writer and TV Commentator, Patrick Van de Wille. As you are well aware Mr. Van de Wille has been around the sport for a long time, not as long as me, but long nevertheless, many people think he knows his stuff.

Here is what Mr. Van de Wille had to say about my cycling knowledge:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty the Lapsed Canuck
"Whoa boy, I think it's silly to say I have better knowledge of cycling than Ed. My own list of racing accomplishments is very, very scarce (though I did win one of the two races I entered, riding Chris Firek's too-tall bike and dressed up in the Ultramar Bear suit for the celebrity race). My only claim is spectator- and journalist-side."
Posted on Pedal Magazine Web Forum: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:07 am
Thank you.

I hope this assist you in making your selection.

Fausto Coppied said:
Anytime you want to address the issues regarding cycling, Uboat, you let me know.
Oh sorry--you can correct people's spelling and take personal shots at them and it's funny, but when someone else does it, it's wrong, Fausto The Pretender?

Uboat, you are funny.

You NEVER have a comment to make that isn't about me.

Actually, that's probably sad.

I'm flattered but it is sad.

Do you know ANYTHING AT ALL about the sport?