Another one bites the dust, much to my satisfaction

Apr 11, 2005
You gotta love it!!!!!!

The Bill Kinash Legacy: ******' disaster.

Canadian Cycling Association’s Chief Operating Officer Takes up New Challenge

August 15, 2006 (Ottawa ON) – The Canadian Cycling Association (CCA), the national governing body for cycling in Canada, announced today that Steve Lacelle, its Chief Operating Officer, will take up new challenges at the end of the month to pursue a career in banking operations.

“Steve has made significant contributions to restructuring the associationand to building strong relationships with his team, collaborators and our partners,said Dr. Pierre Blanchard, CCA President. “I sincerely wish him the best of luck in his new endeavour, and I am confident that he will be able to bring as much to his new organization as he did for the CCA.“

Under Lacelle’s stewardship, the association increased revenues significantly, signed several new corporate partnerships and refocused its commitment to improving support to its athletes and coaches. And with several new projects in the pipeline for 2007, Lacelle commented, “We have achieved much of what we planned for the organization and I wish all athletes, coaches and organizers, my colleagues at the provincial level, and indeed all staff, the very best for the future."

About CCA

The CCA is the national governing body for Canadian cycling. Representing its members (individuals, clubs and trade teams) through provincial and territorial cycling associations, its mission is to lead and support the development and growth of cycling in Canada, through high performance programs, cycling development centres, national and international events, and the national introduction to cycling program for youth, known as Sprockids. Founded in 1882, it is Canada's oldest sport governing body. For more information, please visit www.canadian-cycling.com, or contact us at 613-248-1353.

For further information, contact:

Florence Bourg
Communications Manager
Canadian Cycling Association