Another one bites the dust, much to my satisfaction

Apr 11, 2005
You gotta love it!!!!!!

The Bill Kinash Legacy: ******' disaster.

Canadian Cycling Association’s Chief Operating Officer Takes up New Challenge

August 15, 2006 (Ottawa ON) – The Canadian Cycling Association (CCA), the national governing body for cycling in Canada, announced today that Steve Lacelle, its Chief Operating Officer, will take up new challenges at the end of the month to pursue a career in banking operations.

“Steve has made significant contributions to restructuring the associationand to building strong relationships with his team, collaborators and our partners,said Dr. Pierre Blanchard, CCA President. “I sincerely wish him the best of luck in his new endeavour, and I am confident that he will be able to bring as much to his new organization as he did for the CCA.“

Under Lacelle’s stewardship, the association increased revenues significantly, signed several new corporate partnerships and refocused its commitment to improving support to its athletes and coaches. And with several new projects in the pipeline for 2007, Lacelle commented, “We have achieved much of what we planned for the organization and I wish all athletes, coaches and organizers, my colleagues at the provincial level, and indeed all staff, the very best for the future."

About CCA

The CCA is the national governing body for Canadian cycling. Representing its members (individuals, clubs and trade teams) through provincial and territorial cycling associations, its mission is to lead and support the development and growth of cycling in Canada, through high performance programs, cycling development centres, national and international events, and the national introduction to cycling program for youth, known as Sprockids. Founded in 1882, it is Canada's oldest sport governing body. For more information, please visit www.canadian-cycling.com, or contact us at 613-248-1353.

For further information, contact:

Florence Bourg
Communications Manager
Canadian Cycling Association
2197 Riverside Drive, suite 203
Ottawa, ON, K1H 7X3
T 418-824-9207
C 418-558-4559

[email protected]

Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:22 AM
To: 'Ed Arzouian'; 'Ed Arzouian'; '[email protected]'; 'Lister Farrar'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; 'Curt Harnett'; 'finance'; '[email protected]'; 'Christie, James'; 'Randy Starkman The Star'; 'Graham Parley The Star'; 'G&M Sports Ed D.Leeder'; 'NP Sports Ron Wadden'; '[email protected]'; 'Pierre Hamel'; 'sports3'; 'sports2'; 'Kristy Cycling News'; '[email protected]'; 'Wayne Scanlan'; 'rjones2'; 'Brett Stewart'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; 'CP Bill Beacon'; '[email protected]'; 'Pedal Magazine'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; 'Marcia Stewart'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'
Subject: Another one bites the dust, much to my satisfaction

Ha, ha, ha….!!!

Friggin’ beautiful.

I told you so is too easy.

Here we go again. Let’s see what limp **** they hire now…..

Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 11:44 AM
To: 'Ed Arzouian'; '[email protected]'; 'Lister Farrar'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; 'Curt Harnett'; 'finance'; '[email protected]'; 'Christie, James'; 'Randy Starkman The Star'; 'Graham Parley The Star'; 'G&M Sports Ed D.Leeder'; 'NP Sports Ron Wadden'; '[email protected]'; 'Pierre Hamel'; 'sports3'; 'sports2'; 'Kristy Cycling News'; '[email protected]'; 'Wayne Scanlan'; 'rjones2'; 'Brett Stewart'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; 'CP Bill Beacon'; '[email protected]'; 'Pedal Magazine'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; 'Marcia Stewart'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'
Subject: Where is Q4?

Where is Q4

Looks like Canadian Cycling Association (CCA) Executive Director Steve Lacelle has given up his quarterly report cards.

Who can blame him!

The CCA has failed to meet almost every objective it set for itself since May 2005. Before that it never set objectives so it is more difficult to monitor the failure but not to perceive it.

Still, Mr. Lacelle, who had absolutely no cycling experience whatsoever when he was hired to run the sport for the country, is an M. B. A*. Since Lacelle has done nothing for the sport you’d expect an MBA to at least write you a decent report with pretty graphs and pie charts but Lacelle is not even doing that anymore.

Steve must be too busy making excuses for Kim Sebrango his Marketing Director who has not signed one meaningful new sponsorship in more than a year and who cannot seem to even get the logos on the web site of the ridiculous sponsorships she did sign (Delta Hotels for discounts on rooms rider will never use and HR Block to do CCA member taxes returns at a discount!!!!

So the embarrassment in Ottawa continues while the sport continues to swirl around the toilet bowl before fully disappearing down the shitter.

Give us a quarterly report, Steve, your last one was January 31 2006: (http://www.canadian-cycling.com/English/information/documents/CCA-COO_Report-Q3_2005.pdf)

What are you waiting for? It is the second half of August. Did you think we would forget?

Where is Q4? Where are Q1 2006 and Q2????

Document your pathetic performance, Steve. We’re waiting…….

*Some people might ask, “How can somebody with ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE IN A GIVEN SPORT become the Executive Director of that sport’s national governing body? How can that make sense?”

Certainly that is a legitimate question.

Here’s how it came about. Lacelle and Sebrango were hired by former CCA President Bill Kinash, the only one-term President in CCA history. Kinash knew next-to-nothing about the sport so he hired somebody with even less knowledge about it than himself. Lacelle knew NOTHING about the sport AT ALL so he hired Sebrango who seems to know next-to-nothing about anything, since she did poor work at Soccer Canada and Skate Canada prior to doing next-to-nothing at the CCA.

Hard to believe that’s how your tax dollars and membership fees are being spent, but there you have it.

"Steve Lacelle, its Chief Operating Officer, will take up new challenges at the end of the month to pursue a career in banking operations."

What bank would that be? I'll make sure to pull any funds out that I might have there!

Eddie Arzouian said:
"Steve Lacelle, its Chief Operating Officer, will take up new challenges at the end of the month to pursue a career in banking operations."

What bank would that be? I'll make sure to pull any funds out that I might have there!
(Oh that is just too easy. I will let someone else jump on in for this one.)

Good day sirs

Uboat, you have nothing to offer. You seem to know nothing about the sport. You have no insight. Go ahead and try to defend the hiring of a guy with ABSOLUTELY NO CYCLING EXPERIENCE to run sport's national governing body, a guy who spends 18 months on the job and quits or is forced to resign.

It was another complete waste.

More of the same from Bill Kinash. Even nine months after he is no longer CCA President his decisions still haunt us and set back the sport.

Kim Sebrango will leave shortly as well, as is even more of failure than Lacelle was.

Time and time again I have been proven right.

Make all the silly comments you want, it doesn't change this sport is going down the shitter BIG TIME.

Only radical change will turns things around. There is nobody radical enough in the sport right in Canada to make a difference. We are surrounded with mediocrity at best, total incompetence at worse.

Anybody that thinks Lacelle (see his interview elsewhere) left the CCA in better financial shape is fooling themsleves.

He benefitted for a windfall, one-time, profit that will never repeat itself and that the CCA failed to capitalize on.

In no time at all the CCA will once again be a finanicial basket case.

There is not anybody currently involved in the sport in Canada that would want the position that could improve things.

The only idea he came up with to increase revenue was one I had been promoting for five years: selling national team jerseys and promotional material. Hardly ground-breaking stuff.

Eddie Arzouian said:
Uboat, you have nothing to offer. You seem to know nothing about the sport. You have no insight. Go ahead and try to defend the hiring of a guy with ABSOLUTELY NO CYCLING EXPERIENCE to run sport's national governing body, a guy who spends 18 months on the job and quits or is forced to resign.

I was neither defending him or criticizing him, i was making fun of your wild claims to boycott whatever bank he will work for. Sorry if that was too subtle for you.

Good day sirs

You have to get someone in there that has a CYCLING minded train of thought. Lacelle suggested Ken Read?. Well that would be terrific but where cycists not skiers. You don't go to a masonry to get your diamond ring assessed. You have to get someone in there that is going to be committed long term to develope and maintain the proper direction that this Sport in Canada has to go in.

The CCA states there secure as a business to go in this direction according to Lacelle's comments I guess will have to wait and see yet again.

Yes, Shane, you're right once again we have to wait. Another year will be lost. that's about 6 or 7 now of waste.

Shane, if you are looking for Ed, he had been banned here. I'm betting he will be back though:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:35 AM
To:
lestomlinsonataol.com; listerfarrarattelus.net; louis.barbeauatfqsc.net; wpomattelus.net; Louiseveloatcs.com; smerkeratontariocycling.org; curtnetataol.com; financeatcanadian-cycling.com; coachatcanadian-cycling.com; JChristieatglobeandmail.ca; rstarkmanatthestar.ca; GParleyatthestar.ca; dleederatglobeandmail.ca; rwaddenatnationalpost.com; pierre.fogliaatlapresse.ca; pierre_hamelatvelo.qc.ca; sportsatlapresse.ca; sportsatthecitizen.canwest.com; kristyatcyclingnews.com; bjewat7dogs.com; wscanlanatthecitizen.canwest.com; rjonesatcanadiancyclist.com; directoratcanadian-cycling.com

Subject: Banned again....

Well, it looks like I have been banned again from a cycling web forum, this time for asking a simple question.

I was wondering if Rob Jones' wife, Editoress of Canadian Cyclist as she calls herself, was a transsexual.

It is an innocent enough question, after all she is bigger and stronger than Rob. Furthermore, Rob is a big supporter of transsexuals representing women, Canada and the sport of cycling in international competition, he said so in an editorial, so he seems to have some affinity for transsexuals.

It makes you think.

So a guy asks a simple question and gets banned.

What is the world coming too?

Well, at least it was good to know Rob Jones was reading all my writings on www.cyclingforums.com.

His publication is part of what ails the sport. Rather than report the truth he sugar-coats everything, pandering to the CCA (a big contributor) and his sponsors. He should call himself a

cheerleader rather than a journalist.

January 26, 2005 (Ottawa, Ontario) -- On accepting the position as COO Mr. Lacelle commented "I am looking forward to the challenge of restoring this organization to full capacity and to promoting the sport's development across Canada. We have a challenge ahead, but there are exceptional resources in athletes, staff and coaches to lead the way. It will be my goal to create more opportunities for all Canadians to enjoy the benefits of cycling while attracting more resources to the sport to ensure high performance success is sustained on the world scene for years to come."

18 months later he quits.......

No opportunities were created nor acted upon.
Zero new resources were attracted to high performance.
Fewer events were held.
Fewer teams exist now than they did 18 months ago.
Media attention has dwindled.
Canada Cups have dwindled.

About the only changes have been procedural, on paper, just about what you would expect from somebody who knew nothing of the sport but had an MBA!

Let's pray Sebrango quits next or is fired.

My word. You get banned with one username here last year, so you make up a new one, get booted today, make another new one that pretends you are someone else and continue posting. How can you expect to be taken seriously when you don't respect people or their websites, after they politely tell you to get lost? (This after being banned by how many websites' forums? Not to mention the firings..who can forget those, but I digress! See the CC forums for more on people's opinions of you.)

Get your own site with your own forum Ed, Eddie, Fausto--whoever you are, you'll never get kicked off there!

Good day sirs, back to my real job again, I can't post here anymore it's just too funny to watch you talk to yourself.

p.s. how funny is it that he makes fun of CC and the editors there so much and how much he hates them and and their site and their forum and then goes and tries to post anyway under a different name today as if he is someone else! Twice!

Fausto Coppied said:
January 26, 2005 (Ottawa, Ontario) -- On accepting the position as COO Mr. Lacelle commented "I am looking forward to the challenge of restoring this organization to full capacity and to promoting the sport's development across Canada. We have a challenge ahead, but there are exceptional resources in athletes, staff and coaches to lead the way. It will be my goal to create more opportunities for all Canadians to enjoy the benefits of cycling while attracting more resources to the sport to ensure high performance success is sustained on the world scene for years to come."

18 months later he quits.......

No opportunities were created nor acted upon.
Zero new resources were attracted to high performance.
Fewer events were held.
Fewer teams exist now than they did 18 months ago.
Media attention has dwindled.
Canada Cups have dwindled.

About the only changes have been procedural, on paper, just about what you would expect from somebody who knew nothing of the sport but had an MBA!

Let's pray Sebrango quits next or is fired.

uboat:

are you suggesting that everyone who posts on canadian cyclist loves rob jones?

that's quite the fan club.

Jon Jonson said:
uboat:

are you suggesting that everyone who posts on canadian cyclist loves rob jones?

that's quite the fan club.
No, not at all. It's just funny that Ed would say CC is such a terrible site and that he hates their and pedal's forum and yet he still tries to post there continually after being banned over and over again!

Good day Sirs.

Once again Uboat has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to say about the topics or issues, only Ed Arzouian.

Do you really think Ed Arzouian is the problem with Canadian cycling, Uboat???????????????

FYI, UBoat, Ed posts whatever he pleases whenever he pleases, knowing full well it wil be deleted. So what.

He also emails many people personally and people email him as well. You would be surprised who he exchanges emails with.

The only unfortunate thing is that most people, many whom read and post here and elsewhere ask to remain anonymous.

Here is a FACT: NO OBJECTIVE OBSERVE CAN LOOK AT THE COMPETITIVE CYCLING SITUATION IN CANADA AND SAY THAT IS BETTER NOW THAN IT WAS 18 MONTHS AGO WHEN LACELLE STARTED.

The touted revenue increases are miniscule and a result of Sport Canada funding and no-brainer marketing efforts like selling jersey, which they should have done YEARS AGO.

Take away the interest from the Legacy Fund and Sport Canada increase and there is next to no revenue growth. Watch the annual report once they factor in the new employees. That's why Lacelle is leaving, next year there wil be negative growth, a loss not an increase.

The CCA budget turns at about $3 million. Ski Canada's budget is about $14 million.

THERE IS NO REASON WHATSOEVER FOR THIS DISCREPANCY. NONE!!!

Not one meaningful new sponsor has been signed after a year of a marketing person (Kim Sebrango) working full-time with a $50,000 or more salary. Furthermore, she now even has a full-time communication person. Still they have not even be capable of keeping their web site up to date.

Failure, pure and simple.

The Canada Cup is worst this year than last.

Finally, Rob Jones of Canadian Cyclist and Benjamin Sadavoy of Pedal Magazine, guys who should be pointing these things out have their thumbs up the asses and head in the sand.

That is the reality of Canadian competitive cycling.

If you think the problem is Ed Arzouian, you're fuucked.

A guy named Dave over at CC posted this:

2. Steve's replacement. I was a little concerned about Steve's call for someone with greater specific knowledge, but arguably less management experience or training. The COO (Chief Operating Officer) is not and should not be in charge of the sport nor should they be the public face of the Association. Rather they are in charge of the organization and tasked to run a tight ship. Of all the people in the office, this would be the one role that arguably can be the least sport specific. If the CCA had found itself in a fiscal mess previously, then wouldn't we want someone who was well skilled at making sure this didn't happen in the future. Moreover, so that we don't end up with the enormous personality clashes and ongoing sagas such as we have already experienced on this thread, don't we need someone with the requisite people and management skills to make sure the organization doesn't self-destruct?

A common characteristic of virtually all successful companies (e.g. ref: "Blueprint to a Billion") is that there is a Mr/Ms Inside and a Mr/Ms Outside. The COO role is that Mr/Ms Inside. We need a good one to make sure that the ship doesn't start taking on water as it has in the past.

Dave,

I would respond, that if Lacelle did such a great job putting in management systems and mechanism you should not need an organizational genius to run the association from a financial point of view. It is now only a $3,000,000 operation with a well-established pattern of revenue and expenses. A convenience store does more business.

As far as the inside/outside idea, I have long called for such a division of powers and tasks at the CCA. There should be two Operating Officers for each side of the association. There is the need for one bureaucratic type person to deal with Sport Canada, the provinces, UCI, coaches and riders. Then there is the need for a marketing/sponsorship/event person out in the field dealing with media, organizers, suppliers, sponsors etc. BOTH OF THESE PEOPLE NEED A WEALTH OF CYCLING EXPERIENCE. THEY ARE RUNNING THE SPORT FOR THE COUNTRY. THERE IS NO TIME FOR ON THE JOB TRAINING, they can do that with teams and provinces.

Obviously the CCA needs radical change in the marketing and presentation of the sport. It doesn’t need the same usual suspects have bounced around it and the CCA for the last 10 to 15 years, the worst period of the sport in this country in its history.

I would suggest Brett Stewart and Ed Arzouian to fill the spots.

My lord. He's now talking to his other split personality. Is everyone else noticing this?

Fausto Coppied said:
Once again Uboat has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to say about the topics or issues, only Ed Arzouian.

Do you really think Ed Arzouian is the problem with Canadian cycling, Uboat???????????????

FYI, UBoat, Ed posts whatever he pleases whenever he pleases, knowing full well it wil be deleted. So what.

He also emails many people personally and people email him as well. You would be surprised who he exchanges emails with.

The only unfortunate thing is that most people, many whom read and post here and elsewhere ask to remain anonymous.

Here is a FACT: NO OBJECTIVE OBSERVE CAN LOOK AT THE COMPETITIVE CYCLING SITUATION IN CANADA AND SAY THAT IS BETTER NOW THAN IT WAS 18 MONTHS AGO WHEN LACELLE STARTED.

The touted revenue increases are miniscule and a result of Sport Canada funding and no-brainer marketing efforts like selling jersey, which they should have done YEARS AGO.

Take away the interest from the Legacy Fund and Sport Canada increase and there is next to no revenue growth. Watch the annual report once they factor in the new employees. That's why Lacelle is leaving, next year there wil be negative growth, a loss not an increase.

The CCA budget turns at about $3 million. Ski Canada's budget is about $14 million.

THERE IS NO REASON WHATSOEVER FOR THIS DISCREPANCY. NONE!!!

Not one meaningful new sponsor has been signed after a year of a marketing person (Kim Sebrango) working full-time with a $50,000 or more salary. Furthermore, she now even has a full-time communication person. Still they have not even be capable of keeping their web site up to date.

Failure, pure and simple.

The Canada Cup is worst this year than last.

Finally, Rob Jones of Canadian Cyclist and Benjamin Sadavoy of Pedal Magazine, guys who should be pointing these things out have their thumbs up the asses and head in the sand.

That is the reality of Canadian competitive cycling.

If you think the problem is Ed Arzouian, you're fuucked.

You're boring and uninformative Uboat.

Nothing to comment upon other than the posters themselves.

Issues and topics, man, try them.

You're crazy and annoying, Ed.

Nothing to comment upon other than your own personal agenda.

Medication and therapy, man, try them.

Fausto Coppied said:
You're boring and uninformative Uboat.

Nothing to comment upon other than the posters themselves.

Issues and topics, man, try them.

I have heard that Ediot has been banned from yet anothger Forum. How many of the following did he display this time. :D

Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Diagnostic Criteria
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3. believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4. requires excessive admiration
5. has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
6. is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7. lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
8. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes