Another one gone, another one gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "D H" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5B2Cb.61$gO.4@fe10...
> > "
> > > Chris -hey, at least I still have my badass FS. And my new car. And my
> health.
> > > And this raging 4-day headache from end-of-semester paper writing.
> >
> > Now there's a memory I don't want refreshed.
> > --
>
> Heh...I've turned in over 40 pages in 10 days. Classes are over; finals start Tuesday - I am
> drinking myself into a coma tomorrow.
>
> Chris -gotta love a good 'ole college binge

Maybe I can help with that, Dogfish Head should be available in your area:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/rate_results/4520/2093/

> ...another one bites the dust.
>
> Bikes, that is. As in one of mine, gone. Came out of class, bike not there. Whomever made of with
> my ride even took the lock...no pieces on the ground, in nearby trashcans, etc. Well, I did find
> pieces of bike locks in the trash...just not mine. That's reassuring.ike.
>
> Chris -hey, at least I still have my badass FS. And my new car. And my health. And this raging 4-
> day headache from end-of-semester paper writing.

Sorry to hear that. Nice looking rig.

I spent a summer in DC before kids. Felt lucky a couple times we got away alive. What saved us one
time when we got dropped off by the bus in a really bad part of town, where I wanted to check
something out, (place closed 5 minutes later) is the locals couldn't believe there were these two
white tourist-types in their 'hood. We found an oriental-run convenience store (with bars over all
the glass, a shotgun behind the counter) to hang out in until the next bus came along.

I felt safer in Mexico City in '93.

paladin

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > ...another one bites the dust.
> >
> > Bikes, that is. As in one of mine, gone. Came out of class, bike not there. Whomever made of
> > with my ride even took the lock...no pieces on
the
> > ground, in nearby trashcans, etc. Well, I did find pieces of bike locks
in
> > the trash...just not mine. That's reassuring.ike.
> >
> > Chris -hey, at least I still have my badass FS. And my new car. And my
health.
> > And this raging 4-day headache from end-of-semester paper writing.
>
> Sorry to hear that. Nice looking rig.
>
> I spent a summer in DC before kids. Felt lucky a couple times we got away alive. What saved us one
> time when we got dropped off by the bus in a really bad part of town, where I wanted to check
> something out, (place closed 5 minutes later) is the locals couldn't believe there were these two
> white tourist-types in their 'hood. We found an oriental-run convenience store (with bars over all
> the glass, a shotgun behind the counter) to hang out in until the next bus came along.
>
> I felt safer in Mexico City in '93.
>
> paladin

I hear all of that. DC is a festering shithole that chooses to allow itself to remain the Worst City
in America.

Campus isn't exactly in DC (College Park is about 15 minutes out) but it is undeniably DC in terms
of crime, local's attitudes, and the almost violent behavior of people in cars. I often work in the
city and, ever since I got my truck broken into and lost a $400 ice climbing jacket (which I'm sure
was thought to be a funky colored windbreaker), I carry a knife. If I had seen whomever it was grab
my bike, well, I'd need a new knife.

Chris

> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > ...another one bites the dust.
> > >
> > > Bikes, that is. As in one of mine, gone. Came out of class, bike not there.
> >
> > I've said it time and time again, buy a beater to commute.
> >
> > JD
>
> I did, that's what really chaps my ass. I have a forty-year-old road bike (that's right...it's
> from the '60s, I'm from the '80s) that probably doesn't even need to be locked...

Now you know the cost of risky and guilty pleasures. Ride the beater to school.

JD

"jim gravity" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
>
> >
> > Heh...I've turned in over 40 pages in 10 days. Classes are over; finals start Tuesday - I am
> > drinking myself into a coma tomorrow.
> >
> > Chris -gotta love a good 'ole college binge
>
> Maybe I can help with that, Dogfish Head should be available in your area:
>
> http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/rate_results/4520/2093/

I haven't had the IPA...but generally really like Dogfish Head brews. I'm not a fan of the Raisin
D'etre, but the others are unassailably excellent.

I prefer dark, dark, and dark beers...Newcastle is a light, refreshing drink for me. If you're
ever near Annapolis, find the Ram's Head Tavern and ask for a Genius Stout. They don't call it
that for nothin'.

I think tonight I will start with Nut Brown because I've been a good boy, then, after that 6er is
down, drink a 12 of Busch Light just to ensure permanent damage.

Chris

Chris wrote:

>
>>>And this raging 4-day headache from end-of-semester paper writing.
>>>
>>Sorry to hear that. Nice looking rig.
>>
>>I spent a summer in DC before kids. Felt lucky a couple times we got away alive. What saved us one
>>time when we got dropped off by the bus in a really bad part of town, where I wanted to check
>>something out, (place closed 5 minutes later) is the locals couldn't believe there were these two
>>white tourist-types in their 'hood. We found an oriental-run convenience store (with bars over all
>>the glass, a shotgun behind the counter) to hang out in until the next bus came along.
>>
>>I felt safer in Mexico City in '93.
>>
>>paladin
>>
>
> I hear all of that. DC is a festering shithole that chooses to allow itself to remain the Worst
> City in America.
>
> Campus isn't exactly in DC (College Park is about 15 minutes out) but it is undeniably DC in terms
> of crime, local's attitudes, and the almost violent behavior of people in cars. I often work in
> the city and, ever since I got my truck broken into and lost a $400 ice climbing jacket (which I'm
> sure was thought to be a funky colored windbreaker), I carry a knife. If I had seen whomever it
> was grab my bike, well, I'd need a new knife.
>
> Chris
>
May I kindly introduce you to my friends at Benchmade, Emerson, Cold Steel or Spyderco?

Paladin

Status
Not open for further replies.