Another OT post.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Taywood, Jun 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taywood

Taywood Guest

Interesting thread on rec.skiing.backcountry 'Sierra Club sells out'.

Ok so I was trolling I'll admit it, but the reponse on our pet troll was interesting ! Mike

Tags:

2. Dave Stocker

Dave Stocker Guest

"Taywood" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...
    > Interesting thread on rec.skiing.backcountry 'Sierra Club sells out'.
    >
    > Ok so I was trolling I'll admit it, but the reponse on our pet troll was interesting !

What was also interesting was to see that I am not the only one disillusioned by the Sierra Club. I
    gave up my card when I got sick of them calling me for more money and sending me samples of greeting
    cards. I thought to myself that they are spending my existing donation on marketing (and creating
    waste at that), so why should I renew my membership.

So this gear will be worn by people who take their (2WD) SUV to the grocery store?

-Dave

3. Penny S.

Penny S. Guest

Dave Stocker thoughtfully penned:
    > "Taywood" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Interesting thread on rec.skiing.backcountry 'Sierra Club sells out'.
    >>
    >> Ok so I was trolling I'll admit it, but the reponse on our pet troll was interesting !
    >
    > What was also interesting was to see that I am not the only one disillusioned by the Sierra Club.
    > I gave up my card when I got sick of them calling me for more money and sending me samples of
    > greeting cards. I thought to myself that they are spending my existing donation on marketing (and
    > creating waste at that), so why should I renew my membership.
    >
    > So this gear will be worn by people who take their (2WD) SUV to the grocery store?
    >
    > -Dave

how about how many trees get cut down to send you all that ptirnted material. And the gear thing is
    nothing new... from when I **was** a member ( years ago) we still have a crappy little day pack with
    a logo on it.

Penny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.