another point to ponder!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Bird, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Bird

    Bird Guest

    As I sit at the computer this morning (listening to the lovely birds again) I am giving myself
    permission to not be perfect. I have been on WW now for 4 weeks and even though I have allowed
    myself the scenic route I am still losing. For the first time in a long while I am really sticking
    in there for the long hall and not going back to my old ways. I feel I can see this through this
    time and even when I have an off day, I don't say to heck with it. I had thought about not going to
    exercise and weigh in today. Thought of staying home with DH this morning and even going out for a
    over point lunch. I thought of taking the day off and waiting for next week where there would be a
    really big loss. This too is a trap I have gotten into before. So I will be heading out the door to
    jazzercise and when I return I will get ready for my meeting. I love the sense of taking care of ME!
    Even if my days OP are not always perfect. Wish me well at my weigh in. I will update later. Bird
    maybe need to lose less than 45#!

    Tags:

  2. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Great post, bird. It 's wonderful to see you posting such wise and healthy
    posts :) I 'm sure you 're on the right track.
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > As I sit at the computer this morning (listening to the lovely birds
    again)
    > I am giving myself permission to not be perfect. I have been on WW now for 4 weeks and even though
    > I have allowed myself
    the
    > scenic route I am still losing. For the first time in a long while I am really sticking in there
    > for the long hall and not going back to my old ways. I feel I can see this through this time and
    > even when I have an off day, I don't say to heck with it. I had thought about not going to
    > exercise and weigh in today. Thought of staying home with DH this morning and even going out for a
    > over point
    lunch.
    > I thought of taking the day off and waiting for next week where there
    would
    > be a really big loss. This too is a trap I have gotten into before. So I will be heading out the
    > door to jazzercise and when I return I will get ready for my meeting. I love the sense of taking
    > care of ME! Even if my days OP are not always perfect. Wish me well at my weigh in. I will
    update
    > later. Bird maybe need to lose less than 45#!

  3. Lynne

    Lynne Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:02:08 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:

    Good attitude. It's easy to go when you know you're down a lot. Not always so easy when you suspect
    a gain or a small loss, but those are the times we need to go to meetings. Sounds like you're
    getting a handle on it - keep up the good work!

    Lynne

    >As I sit at the computer this morning (listening to the lovely birds again) I am giving myself
    >permission to not be perfect. I have been on WW now for 4 weeks and even though I have allowed
    >myself the scenic route I am still losing. For the first time in a long while I am really sticking
    >in there for the long hall and not going back to my old ways. I feel I can see this through this
    >time and even when I have an off day, I don't say to heck with it. I had thought about not going to
    >exercise and weigh in today. Thought of staying home with DH this morning and even going out for a
    >over point lunch. I thought of taking the day off and waiting for next week where there would be a
    >really big loss. This too is a trap I have gotten into before. So I will be heading out the door to
    >jazzercise and when I return I will get ready for my meeting. I love the sense of taking care of
    >ME! Even if my days OP are not always perfect. Wish me well at my weigh in. I will update later.
    >Bird maybe need to lose less than 45#!

  4. this is a great attitude. I tend towards that perfectionism thing. I
    realized this so the "perfection" is going to every meeting and learning
    when it doesn't go as I would like. Lee
    bird <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > As I sit at the computer this morning (listening to the lovely birds
    again)
    > I am giving myself permission to not be perfect. I have been on WW now for 4 weeks and even though
    > I have allowed myself
    the
    > scenic route I am still losing. For the first time in a long while I am really sticking in there
    > for the long hall and not going back to my old ways. I feel I can see this through this time and
    > even when I have an off day, I don't say to heck with it. I had thought about not going to
    > exercise and weigh in today. Thought of staying home with DH this morning and even going out for a
    > over point
    lunch.
    > I thought of taking the day off and waiting for next week where there
    would
    > be a really big loss. This too is a trap I have gotten into before. So I will be heading out the
    > door to jazzercise and when I return I will get ready for my meeting. I love the sense of taking
    > care of ME! Even if my days OP are not always perfect. Wish me well at my weigh in. I will
    update
    > later. Bird maybe need to lose less than 45#!

  5. I'm still learning that the only way to fail is to quit. Good for you for not quitting.