Another positive?

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
I shamelessly grabbed this off another forum:

heir is a belgian paper reporting a positive on stage 14....no names yet.

http://www.actu24.be/article/sports/...ur_/25538.aspx

Courtesy of Babelfish

A rumour reports that a new positive control was noted on the Lathe of France. It would have been carried out after the 14e stage run Sunday between Mazamet and Plate-of-Beille and gained by Alberto Contador.

The noise circulated within the room of press as of Wednesday evening whereas the yellow jersey Michael Rasmussen was excluded from the Turn by its Rabobank team. No confirmation was given until now. In all logic, Alberto Contador, victorious of the stage, and Michael Rasmussen, carrying the yellow jersey, form part of the runners which had to pass to control antidopage last Sunday. But, once again, it acts until now only of one rumour. One should know some more in the current of the afternoon. (Benoit DARDENNE with Didier MALEMPRE)

good.

keep finding the cheats and kicking them and their teams out of the tour. make it hurt so much that the ones remaining will be clean

clean the pipes

Bro Deal said:

Courtesy of Babelfish

A rumour reports that a new positive control was noted on the Lathe of France. It would have been carried out after the 14e stage run Sunday between Mazamet and Plate-of-Beille and gained by Alberto Contador.

The noise circulated within the room of press as of Wednesday evening whereas the yellow jersey Michael Rasmussen was excluded from the Turn by its Rabobank team. No confirmation was given until now. In all logic, Alberto Contador, victorious of the stage, and Michael Rasmussen, carrying the yellow jersey, form part of the runners which had to pass to control antidopage last Sunday. But, once again, it acts until now only of one rumour. One should know some more in the current of the afternoon. (Benoit DARDENNE with Didier MALEMPRE)
Could be but this article seems to be from this morning and mentions it expects the details to become available in the course of the day. In any case they didnt become available as of yet so I am inclined to think its just a rumor (Or its Contador in which case I guess they dont have the guts to make the results public yet :p)

Bro Deal said:

Courtesy of Babelfish

It was Prudhomme. They're trying to cover it up.

donrhummy said:
It was Prudhomme. They're trying to cover it up.
Why cover it up if it was Chicken or Contador? After the last couple of years, just nail them. Better yet, get them both and let Cadel (a nice clean looking poster boy for cycling) apologetically accept yellow?

I've been lurking but I'm hooked on the soap opera of it all. The cycling is as good as ever too.

Klodifan said:
i dont think so, he has the la mafia around him

Do you also see UFOs and Black Helicopters hovering in the sky?

You need to give LA/DC some sinister James Bond / Austin Powers like acronym. The la mafia just doesn't cut it.

For what its worth, I'm sure L'Equipe would like nothing else than to report a DC rider testing positive.

Serafino said:
Do you also see UFOs and Black Helicopters hovering in the sky?

You need to give LA/DC some sinister James Bond / Austin Powers like acronym. The la mafia just doesn't cut it.

For what its worth, I'm sure L'Equipe would like nothing else than to report a DC rider testing positive.
Its about time they did, i think they are the only ones who haven't tested positive in yrs:eek:

NJK said:
Its about time they did, i think they are the only ones who haven't tested positive in yrs:eek:
That's because they always forget to report to the authorities where they are going to be.

14:39 Central European time: have been looking for clues on French Tour forums, the news is now circulating everywhere in the French press (not only Belgian one). They always talk of a "maillot distinctif", meaning it has to be either yellow jersey, or white, polkadot, maybe national???

So who were tested on stage 14?

Valverde (Caisse d'Epargne), Schleck (CSC), Verdugo (Euskaltel), Valjavec (Lampre), Le Mevel (Crédit Agricole) and Scheirlinckx (Cofidis), + Rasmussen (Maillot Jaune) and Contador (stage winner)

Maillot distinctif ---> rasmussen / Contador / maybe Valjavec (Slovenian champ)

Apparently confirmation will come this afternoon

14:23: Beastiality Times: L.Armstrong has tested positive for Hydronythanalene, commonly used as a Moose tranquiliser.

14:36: He's ratio was 85:1 with a reading of 0.121215456:1 to trigger a positive....... UCI officials are shocked at the high levels and would expect someone with that amount of Hydronythanalene to be dead..... a WADA official confirmed that they would indeed be dead but most certainly have died with a smile on their face.

mrfrogger said:
Why cover it up if it was Chicken or Contador? After the last couple of years, just nail them. Better yet, get them both and let Cadel (a nice clean looking poster boy for cycling) apologetically accept yellow?

I've been lurking but I'm hooked on the soap opera of it all. The cycling is as good as ever too.
NO, it was a JOKE. I was saying PRUDHOMME failed a drug test.

Jan the man said:
According to this site it is also reported in Sud Ouest, which go on to say it was one of the jersey wearers.

http://www.feltet.dk/index.php?id_parent=1&id=28&id_nyhed=7715
Does it say for which PED it tested positive?

The last leak concerned the substance (testosterone), but nothing about the rider. This leak has details about the rider (a jersey), but not the substance. Different leak or BS?

ETA: I just read the Danish link, there's less information there then what's in this thread.