Another Powerlink question?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Joel Rose, May 23, 2003.

  1. Joel Rose

    Joel Rose Guest

    An earlier post wondered if a powerlink could be added to a Shimano chain. The responses given
    stated to just add a powerlink and I was wondering if you are speaking of the entire chain or
    literally just adding the ONE special link? Thanks, Joel

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Joel Rose wrote:
    > An earlier post wondered if a powerlink could be added to a Shimano chain. The responses given
    > stated to just add a powerlink and I was wondering if you are speaking of the entire chain or
    > literally just adding the ONE special link? Thanks,

    They mean the standard Shimano chain can be joined by adding the one special SRAM link.

    I can also confirm that one works well with a Campagnolo C9 chain, IME.

    ~PB

  3. "Joel Rose" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > An earlier post wondered if a powerlink could be added to a Shimano chain. The responses given
    > stated to just add a powerlink and I was wondering if you are speaking of the entire chain or
    > literally just adding the ONE special link? Thanks, Joel

    I use the SRAM link (connector) on all my bikes. It makes chain removal SO easy, for cleaning,
    maintenance etc. Well worth the money!

  4. G.Daniels

    G.Daniels Guest

    read "diy chain cleaning" in bike.tech.return the power link in the same position as when removed
    from the bike. the hole for the opposite side pin grows with wear and when visible outside the link
    body strongly suggests replacement. I get 1500miles perlink with 3000m per chain on Finishline CC in
    sand country. the link comes off if sprayed with penetrating oil or sloshed with solvent-the
    tolerances have a knack off jamming up if neglected and this level of grit may mean that the chain
    cleaning interval is going on too long for the riding conditions