Another question on drug interaction

Francispoon

Guest
I am using a HBP medicine named IRBESARTAN or an
angiotensin2 inhibitor, which, according to what i have
read, raises lithium in our bodies. And "the concurrent use
of calcium channel blocking agents with lithium may increase
the risk of neurotoxicity in the form of ataxia, tremors,
nausea, vomiting,diarrhea and/or tinnitus!!!"

My doctor has put me on a calcium channel blocker and an
Irbesartan tablet. Does this mean such a combination may
exacerbate my current T?

Thank you in advance,

FP

francispoon wrote:

> I am using a HBP medicine named IRBESARTAN or an
> angiotensin2 inhibitor, which, according to what i have
> read, raises lithium in our bodies. And "the concurrent
> use of calcium channel blocking agents with lithium may
> increase the risk of neurotoxicity in the form of ataxia,
> tremors, nausea, vomiting,diarrhea and/or tinnitus!!!"
>
> My doctor has put me on a calcium channel blocker and an
> Irbesartan tablet. Does this mean such a combination may
> exacerbate my current T?

That will have to be empirically determined.

Again, you remain one of God's many unique creations,
Francis.

> Thank you in advance,

All praises belong to God.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?A26B16397

Is this spam?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

francispoon wrote:

> I am using a HBP medicine named IRBESARTAN or an
> angiotensin2 inhibitor, which, according to what i have
> read, raises lithium in our bodies. And "the concurrent
> use of calcium channel blocking agents with lithium may
> increase the risk of neurotoxicity in the form of ataxia,
> tremors, nausea, vomiting,diarrhea and/or tinnitus!!!"
>
> My doctor has put me on a calcium channel blocker and an
> Irbesartan tablet. Does this mean such a combination may
> exacerbate my current T?

That will have to be empirically determined.

Again, you remain one of God's many unique creations,
Francis.

> Thank you in advance,

All praises belong to God.

Andrew