Another Restaurant Water Complaint

Dee Randall wrote:
> "Tara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > Have you ever tried floating a few slices of cucumber in your ice
> > water? Water with cucumber has a lovely, refreshing scent and flavor.
> >
> > Tara

> I'm not down-grading your suggestion, I think it's lovely. My first
> reaction was the remembrance of a guy who was doing the flooring a few years
> ago talking about 'you could smell copperheads.' I asked what they smelled
> like, and he said "cucumber."
> Smiling,
> Dee Dee

He was pulling your leg... I believe he meant one eyed copperheads.
<g>

Sheldon

jay wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:47:37 -0700, Sheldon wrote:
>

> > elaine wrote:
> >>
> >> We buy a lot of bottled water at home. There's way to much chlorine in the
> >> tap water here.

> > Use a Reverse Osmosis filtration system.... produces water far cleaner
> > than bottled, costs about a penny a gallon, and no lugging bottles.
> >
> > Sheldon

> Yep, we have it on tap at the sink.. and we are on city water. I have
> read that it is supposed to make a more acidic h20 and therefore hard on
> tooth enamel. I have a ph test kit..maybe I'll use it and see.

Yeah, but... even if your water tests acid how ill you know it wasn't
acid without the RO... you'd need to disconnect the RO, use your water
for a few days, and then test it. I believe water can test acid just
from running through copper pipes, water can become ionized just from
flowing. You might also want to test your water after it's been in a
jar in your fridge at rest for a while. Anyway I seriously doubt the
RO can on it's own acidify your water.

Sheldon

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 23:15:11 -0400, "Dee Randall"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>But I still buy bottled water in small containers for personal use outside
>the house. Some of it makes me queezy, I have to find a brand that agrees
>with my stomach.

Why not save those empty bottles, re-fill them with good water from
your tap, and keep a few in the refrigerator? Then you don't have to
guess about quality.

Carol
--

Some people are like Slinkies... they don't really have a purpose but
they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Stolen from "traid" on the IRC

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 23:15:11 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>But I still buy bottled water in small containers for personal use outside
>>the house. Some of it makes me queezy, I have to find a brand that agrees
>>with my stomach.

> Why not save those empty bottles, re-fill them with good water from
> your tap, and keep a few in the refrigerator? Then you don't have to
> guess about quality.
>
> Carol
> --

I may just do that --thanks for the suggestion. Right now BJ's water agrees
with me -- Deer Park does not; Walmart does not and so on. Sometimes I
think they change suppliers or something changes or my stomach changes.

DH fills a number of our used (either 1/2 gal. or gal.) distilled water
bottles with reverse osmosis water in case our well goes out for a week.

Even though we have reverse osmosis, I am anxious for him to get installed
an ultraviolet something-or-other that he said he was going to order. I
will use reverse osmosis water for cooking, but still I want a little
something extra for drinking straight-up.

Thanks for chatting about this -- I'm going to get on his case about
getting it ordered; I know/think he's forgotten. He's been plastering up
the wall the last few days where the new electrical panel went in. That got
finished today.
Dee Dee

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On 8 Apr 2006 09:14:42 -0700, "Blair P. Houghton"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Some putative grandma wrote:
> >>the way they plan on spelling it. Z-A-K-E-R-Y

> >That's hideous. Can you get an injunction?

> We've tried just about everything else. This is what happens when 18
> year olds procreate. :(
>
> Carol

Yikes! Well it could be worse...it could be Zhacckkarry or something -
you see all sorts of cre8ive names nowdays!

Good luck to those parents - they are gonna need it!

-L.

On 8 Apr 2006 22:58:33 -0700, "-L." <[email protected]> wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> On 8 Apr 2006 09:14:42 -0700, "Blair P. Houghton"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >That's hideous. Can you get an injunction?

>> We've tried just about everything else. This is what happens when 18
>> year olds procreate. :(

>Yikes! Well it could be worse...it could be Zhacckkarry or something -
>you see all sorts of cre8ive names nowdays!

Good point.

>Good luck to those parents - they are gonna need it!

We anticipate that the maternal grandmother will raise the child.
These kids are ... kids. They're sure not parent material. This
really sucks.

Carol
--

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> We anticipate that the maternal grandmother will raise the child.
> These kids are ... kids. They're sure not parent material. This
> really sucks.
>
> Carol

What's sad is that kids in these sorts of situations don't consider
adoption. They almost never do - because they see the child as an
extension of themselves. Women who choose to make adoption plans are
almost always in their late 20-30's and have one or more children
already. They know how hard it is to raise a child and know that they
cannot care for another. The teens who do place are usually those who
have Mothers who are very strong advocates for adoption - but those are
very few and far between.

And there are so many childless couples who can afford to give the
child a loving life with so many opportunities - college, etc. I just
hate to see a baby grow up under hardship when there are options out
there.

-L.

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 05:14:40 -0500, "jmcquown" <[email protected]>
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>
>> I don't expect lemons in my water. Who decided lemons in water is
>> 'de rigeur'? I shouldn't have to say "no lemon".

> <snip>
>
> And who puts peach/papaya/anyotherf*cking thing in iced tea? Just
> gimme iced tea, dammit!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

LOL! If I liked ice tea I'd feel the same way! Tea is supposed to be tea;
if you don't like the taste, don't add fruit, just don't drink tea.

Jill

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote

> Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

>> And who puts peach/papaya/anyotherf*cking thing in iced tea? Just
>> gimme iced tea, dammit!

> LOL! If I liked ice tea I'd feel the same way! Tea is supposed to be
> tea;
> if you don't like the taste, don't add fruit, just don't drink tea.

When I went to Baja Fresh, I ordered iced tea, thinking maybe they
had that. Sure, iced tea and she hands me a cup. Oh, it's from one
of those soda things. Whatever. Go over with my tacos, get my
nice salsa, etc., go to the soda thing ... raspberry iced tea.

Raspberry iced tea and beef tacos and quesadillas. Mmmm ... no.
Too bad no sangria on tap.

Of all the iced teas that give me the heebie jeebies, peach has to
top the list. Ugh.

nancy

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

>>> And who puts peach/papaya/anyotherf*cking thing in iced tea? Just
>>> gimme iced tea, dammit!

>> LOL! If I liked ice tea I'd feel the same way! Tea is supposed to be
>> tea;
>> if you don't like the taste, don't add fruit, just don't drink tea.

> When I went to Baja Fresh, I ordered iced tea, thinking maybe they
> had that. Sure, iced tea and she hands me a cup. Oh, it's from one
> of those soda things. Whatever. Go over with my tacos, get my
> nice salsa, etc., go to the soda thing ... raspberry iced tea.
>
> Raspberry iced tea and beef tacos and quesadillas. Mmmm ... no.
> Too bad no sangria on tap.
>
> Of all the iced teas that give me the heebie jeebies, peach has to
> top the list. Ugh.
>
> nancy

We buy a caseload of water at a time - I believe from Walmart - with
fragranced peach - or peach water. For F-I-L. He loves it. That's a good
word, it gives me the heebie jeebies. Love peaches, but Yikes - peach
water? forget it!
Dee Dee

Dee Randall wrote:
> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>> LOL! If I liked ice tea I'd feel the same way! Tea is supposed to
>>> be tea;
>>> if you don't like the taste, don't add fruit, just don't drink tea.

>> When I went to Baja Fresh, I ordered iced tea, thinking maybe they
>> had that. Sure, iced tea and she hands me a cup. Oh, it's from one
>> of those soda things. Whatever. Go over with my tacos, get my
>> nice salsa, etc., go to the soda thing ... raspberry iced tea.
>>
>> Raspberry iced tea and beef tacos and quesadillas. Mmmm ... no.
>> Too bad no sangria on tap.
>>
>> Of all the iced teas that give me the heebie jeebies, peach has to
>> top the list. Ugh.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> We buy a caseload of water at a time - I believe from Walmart - with
> fragranced peach - or peach water. For F-I-L. He loves it. That's
> a good word, it gives me the heebie jeebies. Love peaches, but Yikes
> - peach water? forget it!
> Dee Dee

Yep, that's the new(er) thing. Bottled water wasn't good enough. Or maybe
someone figured out, hey, it's just bottled water! Now they add a touch of
fruit juice. I haven't checked but I'll bet they charge about 25 cents
extra for that.

Jill <--drinking nice cold ice water from the tap

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:55:29 -0500, "jmcquown" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Yep, that's the new(er) thing. Bottled water wasn't good enough. Or maybe
>someone figured out, hey, it's just bottled water! Now they add a touch of
>fruit juice. I haven't checked but I'll bet they charge about 25 cents
>extra for that.

I can get black cherry flavored, Splenda sweetened, carbonated water
from WalMart for $.50 per liter. And it's a special treat, since I
usually drink our nasty tap water.

Carol
--

Some people are like Slinkies... they don't really have a purpose but
they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Stolen from "traid" on the IRC

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:55:29 -0500, "jmcquown" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Yep, that's the new(er) thing. Bottled water wasn't good enough. Or
>>maybe
>>someone figured out, hey, it's just bottled water! Now they add a touch
>>of
>>fruit juice. I haven't checked but I'll bet they charge about 25 cents
>>extra for that.

> I can get black cherry flavored, Splenda sweetened, carbonated water
> from WalMart for $.50 per liter. And it's a special treat, since I
> usually drink our nasty tap water.
>
> Carol

I've never figured out what "flavored" means.
Dee Dee

news:5%[email protected]...
>I don't expect lemons in my water. Who decided lemons in water is 'de
> rigeur'? I shouldn't have to say "no lemon". People who want lemon should
> have to ask for it. (Oddly enough, these lemon wedges in the water don't
> cost extra since it's not bottled water, yet the restauranteur has to pay
> for lemons; go figure.) Who decided this? I take out the lemon with a
> spoon but I hate finding lemon seeds floating in my ice water! If I wanted
> to make lemonade, I'd ask for more lemon wedges and sugar, much. I'd just
> like plain old ice water, thanks.
>
> Jill <--feeling punchy after being up late and getting up early

I have the same issue with tea. I don't know who decided *everyone* must love lemon
in their tea, but I hate it. Even when I say no lemon, it is there.

kimberly

> "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:55:29 -0500, "jmcquown" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Yep, that's the new(er) thing. Bottled water wasn't good enough. Or
>>>maybe
>>>someone figured out, hey, it's just bottled water! Now they add a touch
>>>of
>>>fruit juice. I haven't checked but I'll bet they charge about 25 cents
>>>extra for that.

>> I can get black cherry flavored, Splenda sweetened, carbonated water
>> from WalMart for $.50 per liter. And it's a special treat, since I
>> usually drink our nasty tap water.
>>
>> Carol

> I've never figured out what "flavored" means.
> Dee Dee

I think there's a joke in there somewhere! But my knees are sore from a
night of dancing and I can't think straight!

Elaine

"elaine" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

>> "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> message news:[email protected]...

>>> I can get black cherry flavored, Splenda sweetened, carbonated water
>>> from WalMart for $.50 per liter. And it's a special treat, since I
>>> usually drink our nasty tap water.
>>>
>>> Carol

>> I've never figured out what "flavored" means.
>> Dee Dee

> I think there's a joke in there somewhere! But my knees are sore from
> a night of dancing and I can't think straight!
>
> Elaine

And after all this time, here I was reading the subject line as:

Another Restaurant Waiter Complaint

Probably a million threads for that in the archives.

Geez...

Andy
Kick Me!

"Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:5%[email protected]...
>>I don't expect lemons in my water. Who decided lemons in water is 'de
>> rigeur'? I shouldn't have to say "no lemon". People who want lemon
>> should
>> have to ask for it. (Oddly enough, these lemon wedges in the water don't
>> cost extra since it's not bottled water, yet the restauranteur has to pay
>> for lemons; go figure.) Who decided this? I take out the lemon with a
>> spoon but I hate finding lemon seeds floating in my ice water! If I
>> wanted
>> to make lemonade, I'd ask for more lemon wedges and sugar, much. I'd
>> just
>> like plain old ice water, thanks.
>>
>> Jill <--feeling punchy after being up late and getting up early

> I have the same issue with tea. I don't know who decided *everyone* must
> love lemon in their tea, but I hate it.

Even when I say no lemon, it is there.

> kimberly

But - but -- kimberly, how can that be?
Dee Dee

Nexis wrote:

> I have the same issue with tea. I don't know who decided *everyone* must love lemon
> in their tea, but I hate it. Even when I say no lemon, it is there.

I am with you there. I like a slice of lemon in water. I like good deal. I don't
understand lemon in tea. It is unnecessary in iced tea and horrible in hot tea.

On 8 Apr 2006 23:34:26 -0700, "-L." <[email protected]> wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> We anticipate that the maternal grandmother will raise the child.
>> These kids are ... kids. They're sure not parent material. This
>> really sucks.

>What's sad is that kids in these sorts of situations don't consider
>adoption. They almost never do - because they see the child as an
>extension of themselves. Women who choose to make adoption plans are
>almost always in their late 20-30's and have one or more children
>already. They know how hard it is to raise a child and know that they
>cannot care for another. The teens who do place are usually those who
>have Mothers who are very strong advocates for adoption - but those are
>very few and far between.
>
>And there are so many childless couples who can afford to give the
>child a loving life with so many opportunities - college, etc. I just
>hate to see a baby grow up under hardship when there are options out
>there.

Yeah, she has a romanticized idea about having a baby. Wait until
reality slams her against the wall.

You're a kind soul. I wish that Kidzilla would make someone like you
very happy. Her mother won't *let* her go the adoption route. Mommy
likes babies, so she'll happily be a surrogate. The whole thing
really disturbs both Crash and me.

Carol
--

Dave Smith wrote:

> Nexis wrote:
>

>>I have the same issue with tea. I don't know who decided *everyone* must love lemon
>>in their tea, but I hate it. Even when I say no lemon, it is there.
>>

> I am with you there. I like a slice of lemon in water. I like good deal. I don't
> understand lemon in tea. It is unnecessary in iced tea and horrible in hot tea.

My preferences: slice of lemon in club soda, water and hot tea but not
in most herbal teas. I make suntea using herbal tea, green or black
tea, slices of lemon, and fresh mint or other herbs, no sugar. I'm one
of those who do not like ice in any drink but I will drink suntea cold.