Another Rib Eye Presentation

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by DWACON, Feb 12, 2006.

  1. DWACON

    DWACON Guest

    Now that I have mastered pan-searing ribeye to perfection, I wanted to try
    something new. So, while it was cooking, I caramelized ½ a a small yellow
    onion and then added two small vine-ripened tomatoes, diced, and about ¼-cup
    basalmic vinegar, cooking it down to a thick paste like sauce. I spread a
    thin layer of German sweet-hot mustard on top of the ribeye and then topped
    it with my tomato concoction and served it on a bed of spring greens.

    Wunderbar !!!!!!!

    --
    I filled a lightbulb with helium and got enlightened
    http://www.dwacon.com

    Tags:

  2. aem

    aem Guest

    DWACON wrote:
    > Now that I have mastered pan-searing ribeye to perfection, I wanted to try
    > something new. So, while it was cooking, .... [snip]

    Sounds like a good dish, but your poetic license might mislead someone
    who wants to copy it. It should take a good deal longer to caramelize
    the onion and reduce the vinegar than it does to sear the steak, so the
    onions should be started first. Indeed, you could do the whole
    onion-tomato business first and keep it warm while doing the steak.
    -aem

  3. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    DWACON wrote:
    > Now that I have mastered pan-searing ribeye to perfection, I wanted to try
    > something new. So, while it was cooking, I caramelized ½ a a small yellow
    > onion and then added two small vine-ripened tomatoes, diced, and about ¼-cup
    > basalmic vinegar, cooking it down to a thick paste like sauce. I spread a
    > thin layer of German sweet-hot mustard on top of the ribeye and then topped
    > it with my tomato concoction and served it on a bed of spring greens.

    Could have saved a lot of dollars making burgers from pre ground
    stupidmarket mystery meat... with all you used to smother that steak
    you really don't like the flavor of beef. With what you did to them
    who cares if they're vine ripened tomatoes. And your balsamic vinegar
    was obviously of the $3/pint stupidmarket variety, so right there you
    ruined everything douching it in crap... a 1/4 cup of real balsamico
    can easily cost $50+, and it's not cooked, a few drops (like 1ml)
    drizzled on a steak is plenty.

    Hehe, you forgot the ketchup.

    Sheldon

  4. serene

    serene Guest

    On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:25:58 -0500, "DWACON" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Now that I have mastered pan-searing ribeye to perfection, I wanted to try
    >something new. So, while it was cooking, I caramelized ½ a a small yellow
    >onion and then added two small vine-ripened tomatoes, diced, and about ¼-cup
    >basalmic vinegar, cooking it down to a thick paste like sauce. I spread a
    >thin layer of German sweet-hot mustard on top of the ribeye and then topped
    >it with my tomato concoction and served it on a bed of spring greens.

    Where the heck is the picture?!?!

    (Kidding -- it sounds wonderful.)

    serene

  5. Dan Abel

    Dan Abel Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > DWACON wrote:
    > > Now that I have mastered pan-searing ribeye to perfection, I wanted to try
    > > something new. So, while it was cooking, I caramelized ½ a a small yellow
    > > onion and then added two small vine-ripened tomatoes, diced, and about ¼-cup
    > > basalmic vinegar, cooking it down to a thick paste like sauce. I spread a
    > > thin layer of German sweet-hot mustard on top of the ribeye and then topped
    > > it with my tomato concoction and served it on a bed of spring greens.

    > Hehe, you forgot the ketchup.

    Not that I agree with Sheldon, but ripe tomatoes, onion and vinegar
    cooked to a paste sure sounds a lot like ketchup, although a fancy kind.

    I'm sure that Stan would approve, and it might be worth a try.

    --
    Dan Abel
    [email protected]

  6. "DWACON" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    news:p[email protected]:

    > Now that I have mastered pan-searing ribeye to perfection, I wanted to
    > try something new. So, while it was cooking, I caramelized ½ a a
    > small yellow onion and then added two small vine-ripened tomatoes,
    > diced, and about ¼-cup basalmic vinegar, cooking it down to a thick
    > paste like sauce. I spread a thin layer of German sweet-hot mustard
    > on top of the ribeye and then topped it with my tomato concoction and
    > served it on a bed of spring greens.
    >
    > Wunderbar !!!!!!!

    Sounds good. What seasonings did you use?

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  7. DWACON

    DWACON Guest

    "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "DWACON" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    > news:p[email protected]:
    >
    >> Now that I have mastered pan-searing ribeye to perfection, I wanted to
    >> try something new. So, while it was cooking, I caramelized ½ a a
    >> small yellow onion and then added two small vine-ripened tomatoes,
    >> diced, and about ¼-cup basalmic vinegar, cooking it down to a thick
    >> paste like sauce. I spread a thin layer of German sweet-hot mustard
    >> on top of the ribeye and then topped it with my tomato concoction and
    >> served it on a bed of spring greens.
    >>
    >> Wunderbar !!!!!!!

    > Sounds good. What seasonings did you use?

    McCormick's Szechuan pepper mix.