    Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 23:39:43 -0500
    From: [email protected] [add to address book] [protect or block sender]
    Subject: Reply To Your Ad at the Trade a Bike Classifieds
    To: [email protected]

    I am a New and used auto dealer.I am interested in your Advert.I
    would want to know the firm price and mode of payment. In respect
    of shipping i have a reputable Shipping company with offices in
    the U.S that takes care of my shipping. Awaiting your urgent response

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Dear John,

    The price is USD850.00, but not inc of shipping, if you have forwarding agent you can ask them to collect them at my house, Do you have friends in my areas maybe you can ask them to check out the bike. You can check out the pic at http://www.shutterspeed.com.my/Giant.htm

    Regards,

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Thanks for the mail,i am ok with your price..
    Inrespect of payment i have a client in the
    U.S who is owing me $6,565.All i need to do to
    make payment easier and faster is to instruct him to procure a
    cashiers
    check and mail it to you on the name,address and
    telephone number you want on the check and you
    know it takes 24hrs for a cashiers check to clear .But i
    would want to know if i can trust you to send my
    balance to me via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER
    after the money must
    have cleared in your bank to enable me prepay the
    shipping company here so that they can instruct
    their nearest office to come and pick it from
    your location.pls mail me ASAP to enable me arrange
    payment........Expecting Your Reply..........ASAP

    Mark James

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Sorry I would only receive the exact amount, it must be a clean simple transaction any complication look somewhere else.

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    What do you guys think?????

    Tags:

  2. Allen H

    Allen H New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2003
    It's definitely a scam - read about this very MO somewhere else recently.

  3. pineapple

    pineapple New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2003
    lol this guy sounds exactly like the scam emails I used to get! Some dude would claim they were from Nigeria and had just struck rich and needed someone to help them transfer the money out of the country. Now all we need are your bank details...

  4. RalleighOke

    RalleighOke New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2003
    Be carefull for Money Laundering. It seems he wants the money to go into your bank account and you pay him the difference. Dirty Money in and now he gets "Clean" money from you.

    Thus also implicating you in the transaction.

    My advice - Stay far away.

  5. stevek

    stevek New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2003
    its a counterfit money order/ cashiers check. they can take a month or more to clear the bank. this is a loophole the scam takes advantage of.
    the whole sending more money then requested has got to have big fireworks shotting from it (G) who woudl send extra money just tot have you send it back to them?
    sad people fall for this.