another shaved legs thread

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Supabonbon, Feb 12, 2003.

  1. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    Hi all.

    Shaved 'em monday night.

    Why: I quit smoking two weeks ago. I went to a bar, had two drinks, and began losing my shyte. Went
    home, paced around, wanted to break something. Went to the bathroom, busted out the clippers. But
    that's really just the end of the reason. Why else? Too many bicycle magazines, I wanted to see what
    it would look like, and, of course, the old 'why not?' Vanity.

    How it went: The buzzer did it's job. I gave myself a bloody nick at the back of my right knee. I
    buzzed a little past halfway up my thigh. Then, into the tub with the razor. I was tempted to use my
    girlfriends, but didn't. Getting around the back of my leg wasn't easy.

    How did/do I like it?: It was fun. There was a few years where I'd shave my head on Christmas Eve
    (my one haircut of the year). It felt like a similar compulsion. For me, it was close enough to body
    modification without, I don't know, hurting myself. It was mildly exciting. Unfortunately, it's
    making the rest of my hirsuite self look downright shabby....

    /s

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (supabonbon) spake thusly on or about Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:40:51 UTC

    -> t, I don't -> know, hurting myself. It was mildly exciting. Unfortunately, it's -> making the
    rest of my hirsuite self look downright shabby....

    now try waxing the rest...

    you can pretend to be a builder come on hard times

    --
    I hurt before the ride so fibro gives me a head start on the rest of the pack. silver lining?
    [email protected]

  3. Josh

    Josh Guest

    "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all.
    >
    > Shaved 'em monday night.
    >
    > Why: I quit smoking two weeks ago. I went to a bar, had two drinks, and began losing my shyte.
    > Went home, paced around, wanted to break something. Went to the bathroom, busted out the clippers.
    > But that's really just the end of the reason. Why else? Too many bicycle magazines, I wanted to
    > see what it would look like, and, of course, the old 'why not?' Vanity.
    >
    > How it went: The buzzer did it's job. I gave myself a bloody nick at the back of my right knee. I
    > buzzed a little past halfway up my thigh. Then, into the tub with the razor. I was tempted to use
    > my girlfriends, but didn't. Getting around the back of my leg wasn't easy.
    >
    > How did/do I like it?: It was fun. There was a few years where I'd shave my head on Christmas Eve
    > (my one haircut of the year). It felt like a similar compulsion. For me, it was close enough to
    > body modification without, I don't know, hurting myself. It was mildly exciting. Unfortunately,
    > it's making the rest of my hirsuite self look downright shabby....

    Keep going with the clippers, buzz the rest short with a #1 guard and it won't look like you're
    wearing fuzzy shorts. And it'll feel nice...

    J I just know, ok?

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    supabonbon wrote:
    > Hi all.
    >
    > Shaved 'em monday night.

    You're in the wrong group. Rec.bicycles.racing is down the corridor on the left. Please don't come
    back here till you have leg hair.

    Ya big freak.

  5. supabonbon wrote:
    > I buzzed a little past halfway up my thigh.

    Why stop there? Go for the gold!

    > Getting around the back of my leg wasn't easy.

    I have problems w/ the depression just above the outside ankle.

    > It was mildly exciting.

    You don't know what you are missing till you've shaved da'boyz

    > Unfortunately, it's making the rest of my hirsuite self look downright shabby....

    Come on, do it! do IT! You KNOW you want to!!!!!

  6. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    > supabonbon wrote:
    > > I buzzed a little past halfway up my thigh.
    >
    > Why stop there? Go for the gold!
    >

    > > Getting around the back of my leg wasn't easy.
    >
    > I have problems w/ the depression just above the outside ankle.
    >
    > > It was mildly exciting.
    >
    > You don't know what you are missing till you've shaved da'boyz

    boy you do like to trot out TMI once in a while don't you!!!

    ps

  7. Penny S. wrote:
    > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>supabonbon wrote:
    >> > I buzzed a little past halfway up my thigh.
    >>
    >>Why stop there? Go for the gold!
    >>

    >>>Getting around the back of my leg wasn't easy.
    >>
    >>I have problems w/ the depression just above the outside ankle.
    >>
    >> > It was mildly exciting.
    >>
    >>You don't know what you are missing till you've shaved da'boyz
    >

    > boy you do like to trot out TMI once in a while don't you!!!

    Hook, line, and sinker! I think I'm going to need heavier tackle for this fish

  8. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Penny S. wrote:

    > > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > >>You don't know what you are missing till you've shaved da'boyz
    > >

    > > boy you do like to trot out TMI once in a while don't you!!!
    >
    > Hook, line, and sinker! I think I'm going to need heavier tackle for this fish

    So to speak.

    Bill "oh, fishing equipment" S.

  9. Trentus

    Trentus Guest

    > boy you do like to trot out TMI once in a while don't you!!!

    TMI???? Wos dis TMI?

    Trentus

  10. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > supabonbon wrote:
    > > I buzzed a little past halfway up my thigh.
    >
    > Why stop there? Go for the gold!
    >

    > > Getting around the back of my leg wasn't easy.
    >
    > I have problems w/ the depression just above the outside ankle.
    >
    > > It was mildly exciting.
    >
    > You don't know what you are missing till you've shaved da'boyz

    "At the age of fifteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really
    is nothing like a shorn scrotum."

    /s

  11. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    All jokes & put-downs aside, I ride both road and mountain, and I've been shaving for 10 years. Why?
    Because I'm hairy as a gorilla and it feels good not to have all that fur always chafing & itching
    all over my legs. Cycling is really just an excuse for me to keep shaving. :) I'm almost ready to
    get it all permanently removed via laser.

  12. Panda

    Panda Guest

    i clipper my hair with my hair clippers to a number 1. started doing this cause i could feel hairs
    being pulled around under my cycling shorts. just to add that quiet often mountaineers shave the
    front of their shins when wearing plastic mountianeering boots , cauuse if u dont the hair balls up
    and wears a hole in ur shin. which trust me hurts!

    panda