Another shorts question

reich17

Aug 4, 2004
I am new to cycling and recently bought my first pair of shorts. I know they are meant to be worn sans underwear but just how much flesh is normally seen through these things? I swear I can make out skin if I look close enough. Do you shave this area to prevent hair from making it's presence known?

reich17 said:
I am new to cycling and recently bought my first pair of shorts. I know they are meant to be worn sans underwear but just how much flesh is normally seen through these things? I swear I can make out skin if I look close enough. Do you shave this area to prevent hair from making it's presence known?

With black shorts this shouldn't be an issue. You talking butt hair or pubic hair? You a chick or a dude? No matter what, I seriously doubt anyone is "checking you out" in that area. Plus, you are on a bike riding, not modeling in front of a mirror.

You might be seeing skin.

Shorts come in many varieties. Lycra/spandex/other materials range in quality and thickness.

The name brands even vary. The more expensive shorts, in my experience, tend to be thicker weighted.

There's also the issue of pile. Lesser quality shorts tend to get these little nubs (pile) on them after a few washings.

Explore, investigate and spend accordingly.

Jerry

Tmax1 said:
You might be seeing skin.

Shorts come in many varieties. Lycra/spandex/other materials range in quality and thickness.

The name brands even vary. The more expensive shorts, in my experience, tend to be thicker weighted.

There's also the issue of pile. Lesser quality shorts tend to get these little nubs (pile) on them after a few washings.

Explore, investigate and spend accordingly.

Jerry
Jerry, Does 6oz. Nylon/Spandex tell you anything?They are Trek brand "club" shorts.

Thanks

reich17 said:
Jerry, Does 6oz. Nylon/Spandex tell you anything?They are Trek brand "club" shorts.

Thanks

I think I have seen them in my LBS.

Lycra/nylon/spandex ranges in shorts, I think, from the 6 to 10 oz range.

Look at www.pearlizumi.com or louisgarneau.com at thier weights for an idea.

Hope this helps.

Jerry