Another speeding idiot

"Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wiltshire/swindon/news/SWINDON_NEWS13.html
>
> Sounds like he was at fault for the accident that crippled him, too. Can't
> these people just be deported or something?

"I don't speed," he said .... LOL.

reminds me of a friend who complained about getting a fine; 'i was only
doing 40'..."what was the speed limit?" '30'..."well you were speeding then,
what are you on about"... 'yebbut 40 is a safe speed on that bit of road' .

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wiltshire/swindon/news/SWINDON_NEWS13.html
>
> Sounds like he was at fault for the accident that crippled him, too.
> Can't these people just be deported or something?

I suggest as a first step he proposes removing all the speed limits in
his Dorcan ward of Swindon and let people drive according to "road
conditions and common sense". That should pretty quickly create uproar
amongst his constituents and get him thrown out at the next election.

Tony

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:27:20 +0000, Zog The Undeniable
<[email protected]> wrote in message <41d13363.0@entanet>:

>http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wiltshire/swindon/news/SWINDON_NEWS13.html

"Coun Roderick Bluh (Con, Dorcan), who has been caught by speed
cameras four times in three years, says the number of speed cameras
means drivers have to constantly look at their speedometers."

I think he will find that actually it is the law which says that
drivers must periodically check their speedometers...

Guy
--
"then came ye chavves, theyre cartes girded wyth candels
blue, and theyre beastes wyth straynge horn-lyke thyngs

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:27:20 +0000, Zog The Undeniable
<[email protected]> wrote in message <41d13363.0@entanet>:

>http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wiltshire/swindon/news/SWINDON_NEWS13.html

Couldn't resist it:

"Apparently Coun Bluh believes that "the number of speed cameras means
drivers have to constantly look at their speedometers." Clearly he
was not concentrating during his driving lessons - it is of course the
law, not speed cameras, which requires that drivers should keep within
the speed limits. As a member of a party which claims to be hot on
law and order I might have expected him to know this.

In case there are any other bits of traffic law which may have
temporarily slipped his mind I suggest a visit to
http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk."

Guy
--
"then came ye chavves, theyre cartes girded wyth candels
blue, and theyre beastes wyth straynge horn-lyke thyngs
onn theyre arses that theyre fartes be herde from myles
around." Chaucer, the Sheppey Tales

> "Coun Roderick Bluh (Con, Dorcan), who has been caught by speed
> cameras four times in three years, says the number of speed cameras
> means drivers have to constantly look at their speedometers."
>
> I think he will find that actually it is the law which says that
> drivers must periodically check their speedometers...

My speedo broke a couple of weeks back -- and I have not had a chance to get
it fixed. In that time I have driven a very significant number of miles.
To the best of my knowledge I have not been flashed by a speed camera or
(too often) by irate motorists upset by my dawdling.

It is perfectly possible to drive within the speed limit without a speedo --
you just have to leave a slightly larger margin.

To be caught 4 times indicates that the guy is a complete pillock.

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:43:58 -0000, "Tony W"
<[email protected]>:

>To be caught 4 times indicates that the guy is a complete pillock.

It certainly shows that he is not even trying to obey the law - the
margin for error is quite substantial, after all.

But then, he is condemned out of his own mouth elsewhere in the
interview. He is clearly one of those arrogant self-selected "elite"
drivers who considers that his own judgment is so good that it
overrides the law of the land.

Guy
--
"then came ye chavves, theyre cartes girded wyth candels
blue, and theyre beastes wyth straynge horn-lyke thyngs
onn theyre arses that theyre fartes be herde from myles
around." Chaucer, the Sheppey Tales

>http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wiltshire/swindon/news/SWINDON_NEWS13.html
>
>Sounds like he was at fault for the accident that crippled him, too.
>Can't these people just be deported or something?

Obviously he's a prize w*nker, having forgotten one of the basic skills needed
to pass a driving test, the ability to control speed and adhere to speed
limits. He's an utter tosspot and if he were my councillor I'd be writing to
him to tell him why I won't be voting for him...

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

In article <41d13363.0@entanet>, Zog The Undeniable wrote:
>http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wiltshire/swindon/news/SWINDON_NEWS13.html
>
>Sounds like he was at fault for the accident that crippled him, too.

"I hit a juggernaut head-on" could be because the truck was on the
wrong side of the road. '"I don't speed," he said' along with
"I accept that I have done wrong and I am happy to face the
consequences" does make him sound a plonker though. If he was done
for speeding four times and accepts he was in the wrong, clearly he
does speed. Maybe not as often or as excessively as others who haven't
been caught, but that's not the same as "I don't speed".

Zog The Undeniable composed the following ...
> http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wiltshire/swindon/news/SWINDON_NEWS13.html
>
> Sounds like he was at fault for the accident that crippled him, too.
> Can't these people just be deported or something?

It has to be said he seems to have no apparently redeeming features that
would make me vote him onto my council. Indeed, I'd positively vote him off,
and let him know why I had done so too. ;)

--
Paul ...
http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php

Alan Braggins wrote:

> "I hit a juggernaut head-on" could be because the truck was on the
> wrong side of the road.

I was just thinking that trucks very rarely overtake anything compared
to cars. Maybe I'm being unfair though.

Alan Braggins wrote:
> In article <41d13363.0@entanet>, Zog The Undeniable wrote:
>> http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wiltshire/swindon/news/SWINDON_NEWS13.html
>>
>> Sounds like he was at fault for the accident that crippled him, too.

> "I hit a juggernaut head-on" could be because the truck was on the
> wrong side of the road. '"I don't speed," he said' along with
> "I accept that I have done wrong and I am happy to face the
> consequences" does make him sound a plonker though. If he was done
> for speeding four times and accepts he was in the wrong, clearly he
> does speed. Maybe not as often or as excessively as others who haven't
> been caught, but that's not the same as "I don't speed".

It is worth observing that "speeding" sometimes has nothing to do with speed
limits. 30mph at 3:15 in the 30 limit in the residential road where my
school sits is "speeding".

pk

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:51:07 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

>>To be caught 4 times indicates that the guy is a complete pillock.

> It certainly shows that he is not even trying to obey the law - the
> margin for error is quite substantial, after all.
>
> But then, he is condemned out of his own mouth elsewhere in the
> interview. He is clearly one of those arrogant self-selected "elite"
> drivers who considers that his own judgment is so good that it
> overrides the law of the land.

That muast include me as well then! :-(

The difference between me and the pillock in question is that I seem to be
able to do it without collecting any points on my licence.

How many other occasions has he exceeded the speed limit without
getting done? I went through a set of road works on the M62 with a 50
mph limit at exactly 50 mph the other day.

There was a big sign stating that over 9000 drivers had been fined for
exceeding this limit and yet there were people tearing past me. How
many clues do these mugs need?

Here the police even advertise exactly where their traps are going to
be in advance and people still get done.
--
Simon M.

> On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:43:58 -0000, "Tony W"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> <[email protected]>:
>
>>To be caught 4 times indicates that the guy is a complete pillock.

> It certainly shows that he is not even trying to obey the law - the
> margin for error is quite substantial, after all.

He claims to have been caught within margins that are quite narrow eg '55 or
56' in a 50mph zone, 'just over' a 50mph limit when overtaking a lorry.
None of the cameras around here flash for anything less than 10mph over the
limit, and that includes in 30mph zones.. I don't believe him.

Rich

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> "Coun Roderick Bluh (Con, Dorcan), who has been caught by speed
> cameras four times in three years, says the number of speed cameras
> means drivers have to constantly look at their speedometers."

What a drag for them. The guy is disabled as a result of a car crash.
How many more clues does the plonker need?

--
Dave...

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the
future of the human race. - H. G. Wells

Richard Goodman wrote:
> He claims to have been caught within margins that are quite narrow eg

'55 or
> 56' in a 50mph zone, 'just over' a 50mph limit when overtaking a

lorry.
> None of the cameras around here flash for anything less than 10mph

over the
> limit, and that includes in 30mph zones.. I don't believe him.

What are the odds that the lorry in question was doing 50 and he had to
do "just over" 50 to overtake it. 50mph limits usually seem to be in
areas of pretty poor visibility, what the hell was he doing trying to
overtake anyway?

Jon

> > "I hit a juggernaut head-on" could be because the truck was on the
> > wrong side of the road.

> I was just thinking that trucks very rarely overtake anything compared
> to cars. Maybe I'm being unfair though.

Just this evening I was being reminded of a lucky escape that our family had
when an oncoming lorry came over a blind summit pulled out to overtake a
tractor that it spotted too late and made a head on collision with our car
appear to be inevitable. To this day i do not know how the collision was
avoided as there was very little room for me to pull over to the left. I
think the car must have breathed in :)

Wagon drivers are normally very good but they do make mistakes
sometimes.......