Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Another spoke lenght calculator question ....

Started by Robin Hubert · · Last activity · 5 posts · 475 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
30 November 2004
Last activity
1 December 2004
Original author
Robin Hubert
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
475
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Mavic CXP33 32H rims, Campagnolo OS hubs, 3x. Using the same values
    in both: Wheelsmith calculator gives 293 front, 290/292 rear; Spocalc
    gives 291 front, 288/290 rear. Who am I to believe (and why)?

    FWIW, the dimensions are:
    ERD = 598mm
    Front hub flange diameter = 39mm, C-F = 35.4mm.
    Rear hub flange diameter(s) = 44mm left, 46mm right, C-F = 36.8mm and
    16.8mm respectively.

    Thank you,

    Robin Hubert

  2. (Robin Hubert) said:

    Mavic CXP33 32H rims, Campagnolo OS hubs, 3x. Using the same values
    in both: Wheelsmith calculator gives 293 front, 290/292 rear; Spocalc
    gives 291 front, 288/290 rear. Who am I to believe (and why)?

    Maybe you fed 36 spokes into Spocalc instead of 32. For 36x3 I get
    290.7 front and 287.5/289.8 rear, which agrees with your results.
    For 32x3 I get 293.0 front and 290.3/292.4 rear, which agrees with
    what you say Wheelsmith gave.

    --
    Michael Fuhr
    http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

  3. [email hidden] (Michael Fuhr) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    (Robin Hubert) said:

    Mavic CXP33 32H rims, Campagnolo OS hubs, 3x. Using the same values
    in both: Wheelsmith calculator gives 293 front, 290/292 rear; Spocalc
    gives 291 front, 288/290 rear. Who am I to believe (and why)?

    Maybe you fed 36 spokes into Spocalc instead of 32. For 36x3 I get
    290.7 front and 287.5/289.8 rear, which agrees with your results.
    For 32x3 I get 293.0 front and 290.3/292.4 rear, which agrees with
    what you say Wheelsmith gave.

    Holy Schmidt! I must be getting dumber by the day! You must be correct.
    And to think, I made the same mistake several times in a row.

    That'll teach me to multi-task.

    My apologies for stupidly wasting bandwidth.

    Off for an EEG ....

    Robin Hubert

  4. (Robin Hubert) said:

    [email hidden] (Michael Fuhr) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    (Robin Hubert) said:

    Mavic CXP33 32H rims, Campagnolo OS hubs, 3x. Using the same values
    in both: Wheelsmith calculator gives 293 front, 290/292 rear; Spocalc
    gives 291 front, 288/290 rear. Who am I to believe (and why)?

    Maybe you fed 36 spokes into Spocalc instead of 32. For 36x3 I get
    290.7 front and 287.5/289.8 rear, which agrees with your results.
    For 32x3 I get 293.0 front and 290.3/292.4 rear, which agrees with
    what you say Wheelsmith gave.

    Holy Schmidt! I must be getting dumber by the day! You must be correct.
    And to think, I made the same mistake several times in a row.

    Don't just take somebody's word for it: make the calculations
    again yourself, being vewy, vewy caweful to check that you're
    entering the correct data. Maybe even have somebody else look
    at the screen to check your work. You should be able to confirm
    the results I got; if not, then one of us is doing something wrong.

    --
    Michael Fuhr
    http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

  5. [email hidden] (Robin Hubert) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Michael Fuhr) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    (Robin Hubert) said:

    Mavic CXP33 32H rims, Campagnolo OS hubs, 3x. Using the same values
    in both: Wheelsmith calculator gives 293 front, 290/292 rear; Spocalc
    gives 291 front, 288/290 rear. Who am I to believe (and why)?

    Maybe you fed 36 spokes into Spocalc instead of 32. For 36x3 I get
    290.7 front and 287.5/289.8 rear, which agrees with your results.
    For 32x3 I get 293.0 front and 290.3/292.4 rear, which agrees with
    what you say Wheelsmith gave.

    Holy Schmidt! I must be getting dumber by the day! You must be correct.
    And to think, I made the same mistake several times in a row.

    That'll teach me to multi-task.

    My apologies for stupidly wasting bandwidth.

    Off for an EEG ....

    Robin Hubert

    *************************************************

    Don't feel bad about it, Robin.

    I made a mistake once, too but that was in 1967 and I divorced her. :-)

    Lewis.

    *************************

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.