Another TdF Positive

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
Word is that a rider tested positve for corticosteroids but no name has been released yet.

In other news, the stock of Backdated TUEs Consolidated (NYSE: BTC) shot up by 20% in heavy trading before the close.

Weren't there rumours that someone who pulled out early in the tour had tested positive? If true then this could be that person.

Anticyclone said:
Weren't there rumours that someone who pulled out early in the tour had tested positive? If true then this could be that person.
Christophe Moreau.

poulidor said:
I doubt because he was back racing.
You would also think it would be coming from the latter part of the Tour, when Moreau pulled out relatively early.

AFLD has said they don't know if that rider has a TUE, and that rider is not in Beijing!

poulidor said:
AFLD has said they don't know if that rider has a TUE, and that rider is not in Beijing!
So it's the Peirero case all over again? AFLD requesting a TUE and the athlete not providing it?

Rolfrae said:
Christophe Moreau.
It is not Christophe Moreau. The director of AFLD was asked this question precisely by reporter on French RTL radio this morning. His answer was clearly NO, this concerns a test done after Moreau gave up, and Moreau's blood (tested twice) did not show unusual values.

El Loto said:
Saunier Duval?
Devolder?
I reckon it would be someone who didn't pull out and the positive came in a late stage (assume AFLD didn't find out until event was over).

I'm going to take a flyer on Steegmans. He's not in Beijing... and would have been only tested in the final stage.

Crankyfeet said:
I reckon it would be someone who didn't pull out and the positive came in a late stage (assume AFLD didn't find out until event was over).

I'm going to take a flyer on Steegmans. He's not in Beijing... and would have been only tested in the final stage.
Baden Cooke

Man, this is taking ages. What happened to the good old days when riders read about their positives in L'Equipe?

Italian sites are now saying that Jimmy Casper is the rider in question.

For the Italian speakers, the blurb is here. Not much beyond his name though.

Powerful Pete said:
Italian sites are now saying that Jimmy Casper is the rider in question.

For the Italian speakers, the blurb is here. Not much beyond his name though.
This cannot be good news for Agritubel. A French team is in a bad position to have the ASO ****** off at them.