Another time-wasting but addictive computer game

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Bob Terwilliger, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. Here's a challenge!

    The object is to move the red block around without getting hit by the blue
    blocks or touching the black walls.

    If you can go longer than 18 seconds you are phenomenal.
    I was told that the US Air Force uses this for fighter pilots. They are
    expected to go for at least 2 minutes.

    Give it a try!!

    http://tinyurl.com/56t9u

    ObFood: Brunch was made by putting 3 eggs into the blender with a handful of
    fresh spinach and a big spoonful of cottage cheese. That went into an
    omelet pan which had been pre-heated with butter. Sprinkled with a
    Jack/Colby pre-shredded cheese, cooked until puffy and browned on the
    bottom, and served with wheat toast. Something was missing. Maybe chopped
    tomatoes in the omelet? I can't help thinking some kind of herbs would have
    enlivened it, but for the life of me I can't think which herbs would be an
    improvement.

    Bob

    Tags:

  2. kevnbro

    kevnbro Guest

  3. kevnbro

    kevnbro Guest

    >ObFood: Brunch was made by putting 3 eggs into the blender with a handful of
    >fresh spinach and a big spoonful of cottage cheese. That went into an
    >omelet pan which had been pre-heated with butter. Sprinkled with a
    >Jack/Colby pre-shredded cheese, cooked until puffy and browned on the
    >bottom, and served with wheat toast. Something was missing. Maybe chopped
    >tomatoes in the omelet? I can't help thinking some kind of herbs would have
    >enlivened it, but for the life of me I can't think which herbs would be an
    >improvement.

    SALSA!!!! (kiddin'... a good sprinkling of Lowry's would've helped...
    oregano?) Kev

  4. aem

    aem Guest

    Bob Terwilliger wrote:

    > ObFood: Brunch was made by putting 3 eggs into the blender with a handful of
    > fresh spinach and a big spoonful of cottage cheese. That went into an
    > omelet pan which had been pre-heated with butter. Sprinkled with a
    > Jack/Colby pre-shredded cheese, cooked until puffy and browned on the
    > bottom, and served with wheat toast. Something was missing. Maybe chopped
    > tomatoes in the omelet? I can't help thinking some kind of herbs would have
    > enlivened it, but for the life of me I can't think which herbs would be an
    > improvement.

    I'd have added a small bit of finely minced garlic to the butter for 30
    seconds or so before putting in the egg mixture, but then I'm addicted
    to garlic. Garnished with chives or parsley.

    More important than any of those things would be a good grind (or
    pinch) of nutmeg. Nutmeg greatly enhances spinach and goes well with
    cottage cheese, too. -aem

  5. jake

    jake Guest

    Bob Terwilliger wrote:

    > Here's a challenge!
    >
    > The object is to move the red block around without getting hit by the blue
    > blocks or touching the black walls.
    >
    > If you can go longer than 18 seconds you are phenomenal.
    > I was told that the US Air Force uses this for fighter pilots. They are
    > expected to go for at least 2 minutes.
    >
    > Give it a try!!
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/56t9u
    >

    > ObFood: Brunch was made by putting 3 eggs into the blender with a handful of
    > fresh spinach and a big spoonful of cottage cheese. That went into an
    > omelet pan which had been pre-heated with butter. Sprinkled with a
    > Jack/Colby pre-shredded cheese, cooked until puffy and browned on the
    > bottom, and served with wheat toast. Something was missing. Maybe chopped
    > tomatoes in the omelet? I can't help thinking some kind of herbs would have
    > enlivened it, but for the life of me I can't think which herbs would be an
    > improvement.
    >
    > Bob

    I say add bacon. Or garlic or thyme? Chili peppers?

    I liek the flendered approach, will give ti a try some time.

  6. jake

    jake Guest

    >> ObFood: Brunch was made by putting 3 eggs into the blender with a
    >> handful of fresh spinach and a big spoonful of cottage cheese. That
    >> went into an omelet pan which had been pre-heated with butter.
    >> Sprinkled with a Jack/Colby pre-shredded cheese, cooked until puffy
    >> and browned on the bottom, and served with wheat toast. Something was
    >> missing. Maybe chopped tomatoes in the omelet? I can't help thinking
    >> some kind of herbs would have enlivened it, but for the life of me I
    >> can't think which herbs would be an improvement.
    >>
    >> Bob
    >>

    > I say add bacon. Or garlic or thyme? Chili peppers?
    >
    > I like the blendered approach, will give ti a try some time.

    Sorry about the typos. And I just thought of sardines or anchovies.....

  7. Default User

    Default User Guest

    If you're a sudoku fan, here's a good on-line version:

    http://sudoku.com.au

    It has a pretty nifty app for playing on the computer if that's what
    you want, new puzzles in four levels each day, and an archive of old
    ones you can play until your eyes bleed. Also a message board for each
    puzzle, the addicts exchange hints and such.

    I'm still not sure if I like this game, but I'm determined to get good
    at it because my brother-in-law was better than me.

    Brian

    won't shut up.

  8. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Bob Terwilliger" <[email protected]_spammer.biz> wrote:

    > Here's a challenge!
    >
    > The object is to move the red block around without getting hit by the blue
    > blocks or touching the black walls.
    >
    > If you can go longer than 18 seconds you are phenomenal.
    > I was told that the US Air Force uses this for fighter pilots. They are
    > expected to go for at least 2 minutes.
    >
    > Give it a try!!
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/56t9u
    >

    > ObFood: Brunch was made by putting 3 eggs into the blender with a handful of
    > fresh spinach and a big spoonful of cottage cheese. That went into an
    > omelet pan which had been pre-heated with butter. Sprinkled with a
    > Jack/Colby pre-shredded cheese, cooked until puffy and browned on the
    > bottom, and served with wheat toast. Something was missing. Maybe chopped
    > tomatoes in the omelet? I can't help thinking some kind of herbs would have
    > enlivened it, but for the life of me I can't think which herbs would be an
    > improvement.
    >
    > Bob

    Tomato... :)
    --
    Om.

  9. Bob Myers

    Bob Myers Guest

    "Bob Terwilliger" <[email protected]_spammer.biz> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Here's a challenge!
    >
    > The object is to move the red block around without getting hit by the blue
    > blocks or touching the black walls.
    >
    > If you can go longer than 18 seconds you are phenomenal.

    OK, I'm phenomenal...20.87 seconds after about 2 minutes
    of playing around with it. Will have to come back and try
    for the "fighter pilot" level a while later.

    Bob M.

  10. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Bob Myers" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Bob Terwilliger" <[email protected]_spammer.biz> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Here's a challenge!
    > >
    > > The object is to move the red block around without getting hit by the blue
    > > blocks or touching the black walls.
    > >
    > > If you can go longer than 18 seconds you are phenomenal.

    > OK, I'm phenomenal...20.87 seconds after about 2 minutes
    > of playing around with it. Will have to come back and try
    > for the "fighter pilot" level a while later.
    >
    > Bob M.

    I lasted 39.27 seconds before getting so bored, I ran into a blue block
    on purpose just to see what would happen.
    --
    Om.

  11. Mike N

    Mike N Guest

    How about 33.668 seconds.

    --
    Mike N.
    The most cold hearted SOB around!
    "Bob Myers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Bob Terwilliger" <[email protected]_spammer.biz> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Here's a challenge!
    >>
    >> The object is to move the red block around without getting hit by the
    >> blue
    >> blocks or touching the black walls.
    >>
    >> If you can go longer than 18 seconds you are phenomenal.

    > OK, I'm phenomenal...20.87 seconds after about 2 minutes
    > of playing around with it. Will have to come back and try
    > for the "fighter pilot" level a while later.
    >
    > Bob M.

  12. djs0302

    djs0302 Guest

    Bob Terwilliger wrote:
    > Here's a challenge!
    >
    > The object is to move the red block around without getting hit by the blue
    > blocks or touching the black walls.
    >
    > If you can go longer than 18 seconds you are phenomenal.
    > I was told that the US Air Force uses this for fighter pilots. They are
    > expected to go for at least 2 minutes.
    >
    > Give it a try!!
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/56t9u

    That was too boring. My time was over 300 seconds. It would have been
    longer if I hadn't gotten bored and quit. It would be more challenging
    if the blue blocks were to suddenly change direction and speed without
    warning.