Another tire question

Shakkmaster

Guest
Why does it seem as if I am riding a flat even if my tires are fully inflated? I ride a MTB with the
huge treads.

On 09 Jul 2003 22:27:10 GMT, SHAKKmaster <[email protected]> wrote:

> Why does it seem as if I am riding a flat even if my tires are fully inflated? I ride a MTB with
> the huge treads.

More detail on how it feels would help, but I suspect you're riding very aggressive, far-apart
treads meant for mud on pavement.

Make sure your tread pattern is good for your surface -- pavement, for example, works best with
slicks or semi-slicks, good with closely spaced knobs and a centerline, and bad with bars or lugs
seperated by inches.

--
Rick Onanian

By "feel like riding a flat" are you refering to roling resistance? then it's the knobs.

If you mean "mushy feeling" then it's it's the pressure you're riding them at.

"SHAKKmaster" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Why does it seem as if I am riding a flat even if my tires are fully
inflated?
> I ride a MTB with the huge treads.

A suspension seatpost or a low quality full suspension can cause this.

-Mike