Another tire question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Shakkmaster, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Shakkmaster

    Shakkmaster Guest

    Why does it seem as if I am riding a flat even if my tires are fully inflated? I ride a MTB with the
    huge treads.

    Tags:

  2. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On 09 Jul 2003 22:27:10 GMT, SHAKKmaster <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Why does it seem as if I am riding a flat even if my tires are fully inflated? I ride a MTB with
    > the huge treads.

    More detail on how it feels would help, but I suspect you're riding very aggressive, far-apart
    treads meant for mud on pavement.

    Make sure your tread pattern is good for your surface -- pavement, for example, works best with
    slicks or semi-slicks, good with closely spaced knobs and a centerline, and bad with bars or lugs
    seperated by inches.

    --
    Rick Onanian

  3. By "feel like riding a flat" are you refering to roling resistance? then it's the knobs.

    If you mean "mushy feeling" then it's it's the pressure you're riding them at.

  4. El Senor

    El Senor Guest

    "SHAKKmaster" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Why does it seem as if I am riding a flat even if my tires are fully
    inflated?
    > I ride a MTB with the huge treads.

    A suspension seatpost or a low quality full suspension can cause this.

    -Mike