Another [tongue in cheek] helmet post

Cully_J

Guest
Hello all,

I've heard of research that come to the conclusion that wearing a helmet
actually increases your chances of getting injured.

"Why's that?" you ask.

Well, it turns out that wearing a helmet actually makes people feel falsely
secure. And these people take more risks. And since they take more risks,
they're more likely to get a cycling injury.

Happy Helmetless Riding,
Cully
http://comatimes.blogspot.com/

Cully_J wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've heard of research that come to the conclusion that wearing a helmet
> actually increases your chances of getting injured.

By the non-helmet crowd, no doubt!

> "Why's that?" you ask.

How's that?

> Well, it turns out that wearing a helmet actually makes people feel falsely
> secure. And these people take more risks. And since they take more risks,
> they're more likely to get a cycling injury.

Cycling doesn't injure people. Physics injure people.

> Happy Helmetless Riding,
> Cully
> http://comatimes.blogspot.com/

I still feel guilty about it.

In article <[email protected]>, NYC
XYZ ([email protected]) wrote:

> Cully_J wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I've heard of research that come to the conclusion that wearing a helmet
> > actually increases your chances of getting injured.

> By the non-helmet crowd, no doubt!
>
> > "Why's that?" you ask.

> How's that?

It's called "Risk compensation" and there is a wealth of information
about it upon any nearby Internet.

We had that Maurits C. Escher in to do some building work once. I
haven't been able to leave the house since.