Another triumph for the Ale-Jet

Davide Tosi

Guest
Once more the best sprinter on earth majestically paraded in front of
anybody else.
Facts never spoke so loudly.

He knows how to win... on the easiest races.

"Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Once more the best sprinter on earth majestically paraded in front of
> anybody else.
> Facts never spoke so loudly.

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:27:09 -0400, "Brenton James"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>He knows how to win... on the easiest races.
>
>"Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Once more the best sprinter on earth majestically paraded in front of
>> anybody else.
>> Facts never spoke so loudly.

The points standings speak differently. Petacchi has never been in
the running; even when he won Stage 1, Zabel took enough points to
take the points jersey, and on two separate stages where Zabel,
O'Grady and Freire duked it out, he was nowhere.

This is testament to a very strict, one-minded focus on Petacchi's
part... and if you dig it, fine. I just think sprinters aren't
interesting. Nor are any other one-trick ponies like Jacky Durand who
do the same damn thing all the time. Combative, competitive scrappers
like O'Grady, for my money, are the greatest athletes in this sport...

-Sonarrat.

"Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Once more the best sprinter on earth majestically paraded in front of
> anybody else.
> Facts never spoke so loudly.

As far as I'm concerned, He's still known as the guy who got beat in a
sprint by Freddie Rodriguez.

-T

>From: "Tom Schulenburg" [email protected]

>As far as I'm concerned, He's still known as the guy who got beat in a
>sprint by Freddie Rodriguez.
>
>-T

Yeah but in Tosi's world that doesn't count . Jesse Owens at Berlin was a
fluke too.
Bill C

"Brenton James" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yes. And the harder races are tougher for him than the rest of the riders.

That the rap stuck on Cipollini, too. The man wins races and provides lots
of entertainment. Whether you want to admit it or not, professional sports
is about entertainment.

In article <[email protected]>, Carl Sundquist
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Whether you want to admit it or not, professional sports
> is about entertainment.

Sports entertainment for $500...

What is the reason for the success of professional wrestling?

-WG

warren wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Carl Sundquist
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Whether you want to admit it or not, professional sports
>>is about entertainment.

> Sports entertainment for $500...
>
> What is the reason for the success of professional wrestling?

I've got a sister-in-law who used to watch because "The Rock" was
"SOOOOOO HOT!!!" Maybe she still does. For this and many, many other
reasons, I believe her to be brain damaged.

Just confirming what you've said, warren.

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply

[email protected] (Davide Tosi) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Once more the best sprinter on earth majestically paraded in front of
> anybody else.
> Facts never spoke so loudly.

Against who is he sprinting?? Zabel. That's it. Even Freire was
only able to win when Petacchi wasn't in front. And O'grady never
wins a bunch sprint in a GT. No Cooke, McEwen, Cipo, Nazon, Kirsipuu,
Hushovd, Boonen ...
If Boonen would have done the Vuelta instead of Petacchi, he surely
would have won at least 3 stages too. The sprinting competition is
weak in this year's vuelta. No need to brag about petacchi's sprint
victories now. We all know he is the fastest of the peloton. He
doesn' t need a weak vuelta to prove that.

Kenny

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:47:36 GMT, Tim Lines
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I've got a sister-in-law who used to watch because "The Rock" was
>"SOOOOOO HOT!!!" Maybe she still does. For this and many, many other
>reasons, I believe her to be brain damaged.

I'm not sure about the wresting, but the Rock is a pretty amazing
"sports entertainment personality."

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

>From: John Forrest Tomlinson [email protected]

>I'm not sure about the wresting, but the Rock is a pretty amazing
>"sports entertainment personality."
>
>JT

He's no slouch on the wrestling side. He's 3rd generation and was made to
really learn how to "work" and sell the game. He wasn't half bad as a football
player either. He lost his starting spot at the University of Miami to a guy
named Warren Sapp who has been ok.
Bill C

Tim Lines wrote:

> I've got a sister-in-law who used to watch because "The Rock" was
> "SOOOOOO HOT!!!" Maybe she still does. For this and many, many other
> reasons, I believe her to be brain damaged.

Do you remember the review of the movie _The Scorpion King_ where the
reviewer commented how wonderful it was to see a professional actor
finally bringing some legitimacy to the genre?

warren <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<170920042105271670%[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>, Carl Sundquist
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Whether you want to admit it or not, professional sports
> > is about entertainment.

> Sports entertainment for $500...
>
> What is the reason for the success of professional wrestling?

same as the NFL, violence, drama and giant doped up freaks.

because lacks the veneer of professionalism that the NFL has, it isn't
as strongly back by big corporations.

wrestling makes most of it's money through pay-per-view (as opppsed to
TV advertising).

the weekly shows are mainly ads for the pay-per-views.

[email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >From: John Forrest Tomlinson [email protected]

> >I'm not sure about the wresting, but the Rock is a pretty amazing
> >"sports entertainment personality."
> >
> >JT

> He's no slouch on the wrestling side. He's 3rd generation and was made to
> really learn how to "work" and sell the game. He wasn't half bad as a football
> player either. He lost his starting spot at the University of Miami to a guy
> named Warren Sapp who has been ok.

the rock didn't make the cut in the CFL, luckily he was better with a
mic than he was with a football.

Tim Lines wrote:
> warren wrote:
>
>> Sports entertainment for $500...
>>
>> What is the reason for the success of professional wrestling?
>>

> I've got a sister-in-law who used to watch because "The Rock" was
> "SOOOOOO HOT!!!" Maybe she still does. For this and many, many other
> reasons, I believe her to be brain damaged.
>
> Just confirming what you've said, warren.

I had the "oppotunity" to work on a wrestling video game. As a result, I
learned about the "sport."

There's something to be said for a full-contact gymnastics exhibition.
The players are very athletic, pretty damn tough, and usually nice
people when off stage. The alleged drama leaves much to be desired, however.

"We should not march into Baghdad. ... Assigning young soldiers to
a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning
them to fight in what would be an unwinnable urban guerilla war, it
could only plunge that part of the world into ever greater
instability." George Bush Sr. in his 1998 book "A World Transformed"

"Tom Schulenburg" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Once more the best sprinter on earth majestically paraded in front of
>> anybody else.
>> Facts never spoke so loudly.
>>

>As far as I'm concerned, He's still known as the guy who got beat in a
>sprint by Freddie Rodriguez.

But how many times did Ale beat Fred?
Their face to face record in bunch sprints is probably something like 30-1.