Another try at the "Biomechanical Evaluation of Pedalling Mechanics-Big Lance' thread

roadhouse said:
yeah, all of those results are taken by Frank so he could lie about it on his site, brilliant. chris mccormack didn't order a pair and neither did cadel evans and Dr. Max Testa is an idiot and greg lemonds suggestions to fellow cyclist turned triathlete who trained on them and raced brilliantly along with all of those people who raced ON the powercranks after training themselves to properly use them that ended up either bettering their personal records or setting course records for their respective age or won races are all lying. damn you Frank.

You are completely clueless. You can't even follow someone's argument without getting lost and ending up on some ridiculous tangent. Moreover, you can't even read. I didn't say anything about the Powercranks guy lying. You are a sad statement about the state of education in the US. Maybe when you told someone "deal with it," you meant that he and we needed to deal with your handicaps. That actually makes sense.

I don't believe in these powercranks, but I do feel bad for Frank having him as a strong and wise "ambassodor" ^.

Back to the subject.
I can't see anything productive in focusing to maintain an equal separation in your cranks, so you won't look like a hopping kangaroo.

I don't know what it is about this thread and it's predecessor, but "The God Delusion" written by Richard Dawkins keeps springing to mind.
Maybe it's the similarity between the users of Crazycranks, and the "Iv'e found the Lord Jesus" cranks. Isn't self-delusion a strange human trait!
Apologies to the 90% of our friends across the pond and the 10% in the UK who have faith. :D
I bet that's put the cat among the pigeons.

there's no god delusion about it, i've seen enough tests and recommendations from personal insight and tests and training from world class riders/coaches to see that what you put in is what you get out and of course that can be done without PC's but for why, if everything is so perfect without them, hunt them down and train on them after being pro forever and a day? not only that, but improve? sure, anyone can argue the side that a certain few studies suggest that nothing happens and you can infinitely and impotently become accustomed to being stuck in that rut and end up not doing anything other than rudimentarily ***** which will always leave you hung out and dry but what of those that suggest that the benefits are all too overwhelming? and the race results of those who've trained on them? please. and i've posted all of this already so don't say name them as they're already here and the information provided from those studies ='s 4 if you can add two and two with the use of basic math.

as not only a rider but a runner, i can see all the benefits in them and i agree with the likes of other riders such as Coach K Etzel (24 hour worlds soloist) who are well above my head and who after 18 years of riding and racing looked to the PC's to better their pedal, not to mention did.

...and there's a response from one of the congregation members. It sounds just like what was fed to him from the Almighty Powercrank Website.

alienator said:
...and there's a response from one of the congregation members. It sounds just like what was fed to him from the Almighty Powercrank Website.

get a life.

LOL Tyson.....but this delusion is harmless compared to the one Prof Dawkins wrote about, or the "belief" that many in the US hold that global warming is just a conspiracy of tree-hugging climate scientists. If someone wants to buy a PC and learn to pedal it in hopes of a better future, I say go for it. If I wanted to blow big bucks on a training aid, my choice would be a powertap hub....surely that device would make me faster :)

dhk2 said:
LOL Tyson.....but this delusion is harmless compared to the one Prof Dawkins wrote about, or the "belief" that many in the US hold that global warming is just a conspiracy of tree-hugging climate scientists. If someone wants to buy a PC and learn to pedal it in hopes of a better future, I say go for it. If I wanted to blow big bucks on a training aid, my choice would be a powertap hub....surely that device would make me faster :)

I was thinking that either a power meter or a coach would be much better cash expenditures, at least by 4 or 5 orders of magnitude.

dhk2 said:
If I wanted to blow big bucks on a training aid, my choice would be a powertap hub....surely that device would make me faster :)

Not really unless there is a wee motor in there. It would tell you if you were going faster rather than thinking you are going faster.

dhk2 said:

who cares what you say just as long as you get a word in edgewise, right? i mean, you've already said that no one raced on PC's and you were dead wrong but you just had to talk then. you thought that 30-60 seconds of one legged drills beats two to six hours of it daily so you chimed in as if that was your call to greatness to do so and i simply pointed out that a longer workout is a better workout regardless which muscle it is you are working but it just so happens to be the hip flexors which are commonly overlooked or too weak because people only spend 30 -60 seconds working on them and now after all of it, when supposedly "you weren't going to do so again", here you are just flapping your gums and without anything intelligent to really say, again. go figure.

So I'm just wondering, what batteries do I need with my PC's ? I only have AA's at the house. Or can I just wind them up for 1 hour before I ride ?

Also, if I point the cranks to the same angle/position on both sides, will I get a higher FTP ?

Roadhouse, don't answer that. I'm not on your scientific level. :)

gman0482 said:
So I'm just wondering, what batteries do I need with my PC's ? I only have AA's at the house. Or can I just wind them up for 1 hour before I ride ?

It depends: does the winder on your batteries turn clockwise or anti-counterclockwise?

roadhouse said:
Biomechanical Evaluation of Pedaling Mechanics.

And what have contributed to that thread, other than cut and pastes from the Powercranks website?

Not to mention lazy doing a cut and paste, rude to not acknowledge your sources but also breaking copyright...

all website content ©opyright BIKE/SPLIT

So what has your contribution been?

Looks like another lame opinion piece anyway. No self respecting evidence based and science trained coach, scientist or clinician would bother reading it. I certainly didn't.

roadhouse said:
ignoring you seems to be an admirable contribution and it's working just fine, thanks.

Ah. It's going to be tough for you to finish the Ironman without a spine.