Another try at the "Biomechanical Evaluation of Pedalling Mechanics-Big Lance' thread

alienator said:
Ah. It's going to be tough for you to finish the Ironman without a spine.

His Ironman already happened this year, didn't you hear ? Yea, he finished in 2nd place right after Big Lance. If it wasn't for the PC's, they would both be 40% behind their competition.

It's too bad you missed it Alienator. I missed it as well, but I heard it was a showdown for the virtual ages.

Roadhouse, ask Fday if you helped out in this week's profits.

Sillyoldtwit said:
I don't know what it is about this thread and it's predecessor, but "The God Delusion" written by Richard Dawkins keeps springing to mind.

Excellent book.

Sillyoldtwit said:
Maybe it's the similarity between the users of Crazycranks, and the "Iv'e found the Lord Jesus" cranks. Isn't self-delusion a strange human trait!
Apologies to the 90% of our friends across the pond and the 10% in the UK who have faith. :D
I bet that's put the cat among the pigeons.

Don't be so quick to judge according to your preconceived notions- I'm one of those who originally hails from "across the pond" and I also don't "have faith". Your 90% figure is a bit exagerrated - there are many, who like myself, are either agnostic or atheist, or define themselves as "non-religious". In fact, this segment of the population is growing faster than those who define themselves as religious, according to a New York Times poll. Yes, religion plays a big part (unfortunately) in American life for many people...but please don't stereotype:(

BikingBrian said:
Excellent book.

Don't be so quick to judge according to your preconceived notions- I'm one of those who originally hails from "across the pond" and I also don't "have faith". Your 90% figure is a bit exagerrated - there are many, who like myself, are either agnostic or atheist, or define themselves as "non-religious". In fact, this segment of the population is growing faster than those who define themselves as religious, according to a New York Times poll. Yes, religion plays a big part (unfortunately) in American life for many people...but please don't stereotype:(

Hey BB lighten up. Of course I exaggerated the percentages for both sides of the pond to emphasise a point. I noticed however, you said a bit exaggerated- maybe I should have said 85%.:D
Thinking aloud here, I'm sure I recently read somewhere that religion plays a part in more than 80% of American's lives. Even if it were 70%, that would be extremely high when compared to the English. The only churches that are full are the Catholic churches, where as Dawkins says; Catholic children are brainwashed from an early age to believe in hell-fire and damnation. The last time I went to church (Cof E), back in 1963, the first 3 rows only were occupied by people over 60 hedging their bets - just in case.;)
So maybe we should all give Crankycranks a shot - just in case! :)

Sillyoldtwit said:
Hey BB lighten up. Of course I exaggerated the percentages for both sides of the pond to emphasise a point. -snip- So maybe we should all give Crankycranks a shot - just in case! :)

Point taken, no problem. I still wouldn't waste my money on Crappycranks, though:D

fergie said:
Not to mention lazy doing a cut and paste, rude to not acknowledge your sources but also breaking copyright...

So what has your contribution been?

Looks like another lame opinion piece anyway. No self respecting evidence based and science trained coach, scientist or clinician would bother reading it. I certainly didn't.

sad. but then again, you're not anywhere near the realm of this guy who has used and saw the benefits of IC's and stands by them so who cares who you think you are cause by the way you post sh!t , self respecting and you in the same sentence is quite laughable. sorry fergie, in the beginning i actually thought you were a self respecting coach but those days are over but thanks for making me laugh just the same. now for those of you who care for the real deal, here is a science and cycling coach who has used and has both studied and trained pro riders on pc's and has seen them benefit from them.
Massimonow to Testa, M.D.

A foremost authority in sports medicine and exercise physiology, Dr. Massimo "Max" Testa has served as team physician for high-level cycling teams, including Motorola, Mapei and 7-Eleven. He has gained a reputation for developing exceptional sports training programs based on science, biomechanics, nutrition and psychology, and has trained world-class athletes, including Tour De France standouts Lance Armstrong and Levi Leipheimer.
Born and raised in Lake Como, Italy, Dr. Testa earned his medical degree from Italy's University of Pavia. He then founded his own sports performance lab in Lake Como some 25 years ago. Dr. Testa has published extensively in Italian and North American medical journals and served as a Physician for the US Cycling Federation, Medical Director for the Italian Center for the Studies and Research on Occupational and Sports Pathology and as a General Practitioner/Family Doctor for the Italian National Health System.
Dr. Testa has developed a strong partnership with Dr. Eric Heiden, including cofounding the UC Davis Sports Performance Program and the biannual Heiden-Testa training camps for elite cyclists. He is coauthor of "Faster Better Stronger," a guide to fitness and training for athletes of all abilities, with Dr. Heiden.
Dr. Testa enjoys practicing medicine in Park City because of its active community and mix of athletes. He now lives in Park City full-time with his wife and two children.
-Physician. US Cycling Federation
-Medical Director, Italian Center for Studies and Research on Occupational & Sports
Pathology
-Cofounder, UC Davis Sports Performance Program
-Physician, The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital (TOSH)
-Author, "Faster, Better, Stronger

fergie said:
Yeah top bloke, I know just what I will need him for...

www.cyclingnews.com - the world centre of cycling

Also wait to hear his rationale for their use.

< snip >
i sincerely hope that this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_1dRb7P01U]YouTube - 2009 Ironman Wisconsin - Part 2[/ame] helps 'cause it sure did me and before you retort or contort or god willingly abort, i'm out for a short run. go to 1:25 for the good stuff.

Well apart from proving what a good looking man I am even if I could lose of pound or ten there is still no evidence about the claims of Gimmickcrank manufacturers. Have you run out of things to cut and paste?

Nice MTB Fergie. I want to see how roadhouse looks like, just cause I'm convinced that he's a 13 year old boy riding a Huffy. :D

Is there anyone out there who could possibly translate this sentence from roadhouse into English?

so who cares who you think you are cause by the way you post sh!t , self respecting and you in the same sentence is quite laughable. :D

Sillyoldtwit said:
Is there anyone out there who could possibly translate this sentence from roadhouse into English?

so who cares who you think you are cause by the way you post sh!t , self respecting and you in the same sentence is quite laughable. :D

The closest translation you can get, would be to call one of the local mental institutions, and just read it to them. Be careful though, they might ask you to turn yourself in. :D

I've read some better ones than that from him as well. It's always intriguing to try to picture the person behind the words.

Sillyoldtwit said:

I can translate that. It means, "Have you no bananas? I think it's time for my medicine."

Thank you for gman and alienator to translate not understanding sentence which, ; your kind is very acceptable with me and greatly helpless together. good luck in your riding bicycles in futuristic time. To me roadhouse is phlucky, phlucky and understanded is not like price of SRM nor with a squirrel in my garden shed. Thanks again. Tyson ;)

fergie said:
Well apart from proving what a good looking man I am even if I could lose of pound or ten there is still no evidence about the claims of Gimmickcrank manufacturers. Have you run out of things to cut and paste?

i'm done with the he said she said, i think we've said all that needs to be said and we're still at square one so let's just agree to disagree and move on but bashing Frank or his product is the only thing that is lame, IMO. anywho...

and yes fergie, you are an absolutely stellars looking man and you are fun, funny, humorous, jenny craig. oops, how did that get in there? :D and for your second question, no i'm not done cutting and pasting as i thought i'd be fair so have at it. me at christmas after sum seriously spiked eggnog.
tattoos001.jpg

me not so drunk.
DSCN1362.jpg

from some many years ago at a mt bike clinic which as you can tell was located on top of Mt. Everst.
DSCN1125-1.jpg

i just hooked up with some people who are training for IMFL (full) and i'm training with them starting soon so for athletic pics, you'll just have to wait.

We bash Frank and his product because he has made claims he has never be able to support. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

You mean you have run out of stuff to cut and paste, sure there is more drivel from the Gimmickcrank site you could post here. Not that it would advance your cause any.

fergie said:
We bash Frank and his product because he has made claims he has never be able to support. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

You mean you have run out of stuff to cut and paste, sure there is more drivel from the Gimmickcrank site you could post here. Not that it would advance your cause any.

i've already posted, by way of cut 'n' paste, the overwhelming race results, the world class coaches testimonials as to their findings along with triathletes who've trained on them, the riders themselves findings and astonishments that they worked for them, the damn church of scientologists cycling headquarters preist's findings as well but you don't want to see that, only stuck on fighting your one sides war and it's old already so fine, you claim that the cranks are worthless, that's your right but why are you spending so much time being stuck on fighting with me over it? you're not gonna change my mind.

and gimmicranks is a pretty damn low down shame to call them but whatever. they work muscles that weren't being used before so that's not a gimmick, it works. and i agree with getting the most from the pedal and i understand and agree with the use of equal sides doing equal work. being at one with the bike takes more than just being on top of it so again, you're not gonna change my mind so let's just move on.

thanks.

roadhouse said:
i've already posted, by way of cut 'n' paste, the overwhelming race results, the world class coaches testimonials as to their findings along with triathletes who've trained on them, the riders themselves findings and astonishments that they worked for them, the damn church of scientologists cycling headquarters preist's findings as well but you don't want to see that, only stuck on fighting your one sides war and it's old already so fine, you claim that the cranks are worthless, that's your right but why are you spending so much time being stuck on fighting with me over it? you're not gonna change my mind.

So no real evidence then, just anecdotes, appeals to authority and celebrity endorsement. Uh huh.

he riders themselves findings and astonishments that they worked for them, the damn church of scientologists cycling headquarters preist's findings as well but you don't want to see that, only stuck on fighting your one sides war and it's old already so fine,

There he goes again - translate please somebody!:confused:

fergie said:
Hey Fergie, I am not so sure why you carry such venom towards my product but clearly you do. Of course we make marketing claims, people want to know what they might expect if they get the product. To say we are not able to support those claims is pure BS because we support them in several ways, first with our in-house "beta-testing" results during development, second, with tons of testimonials and endorsements coming from users at all levels and third, if that is not sufficient for the potential customer, with a money-back guarantee. That, to me, seems like plenty of support.

What we are not able to do is to PROVE, to a scientific certainty, that the claims are true. Of course, no other product (or coach, for that matter) that makes any kind of claim of athletic performance improvement has scientific proof of their claims either.

So, keep on ranting. It is the internet afterall.