Another Typical Mountain Biker Demonstrates their Utter Ignorance and Inability to Reason

Mike Vandeman

Guest
At 04:45 PM 12/6/03 -0600, Greg Wise wrote:
>Mr. Vandeman:
This letter is in response to your plethora of posts regarding the "evil" mountain bikers have
inflicted on our environment. I assume you are aware of the numerous motorized vehicles that are
allowed on our lands as well.

Of course, but that has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the damage that mountain bikers do, nor does
it make such damage excusable.

> I have read many of your posts pertaining to mountain biking and your crusade
against them. I am an avid mountain biker, and have been on many trails that also allow four
wheelers, motorcycles, and trucks as well. I am against all forms of motorized vehicles in the
woods, as the damage inflicted by these is not pretty. The internal combustion engine is the culprit
here. I am not saying that there is no damage by the bicycle, but it is minimal compared to these
other recreational vehicles.

Comparison is irrelevant. 8 million mountain bikers ripping up our trails and natural areas every
week do a lot of damage, regardless of what others are doing!

>Hikers can also do some damage. I, and most others do not stray from a trail
while riding, and we do our best not to surprise hikers and equestrians. We work hard to prevent the
trails from eroding due to overuse as well. I am not a proponent of mountain bike racing; in fact I
oppose many of these as the large scale of riders in such a short time does do more damage than
would the recreational rider. You are obviously committed to your cause, sir, but I do not agree
with most of your proposals, and very much hope you do not succeed in your efforts. I mean no
offense, of course; I just wanted to let you know that there a lot of us out here who understand
what you are saying, but don't agree with your opinions.

Who cares? Without a good reason, you provide no useful information.

> As for your posts on the newsgroups, they are off-topic.

BS. The topic is mountain biking.

> I will be filtering your posts from my newsreader.
In closing, let me say that I do not want or expect a reply. I just wanted to put in my two cents.
Thank You.

Greg Wise

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Just give it a god damn rest already, we all know that you can't ride a mountain bike without
racking your nuts, but take your anger out on something else.

On 7 Dec 2003 18:15:44 -0800, [email protected] (Pincack) wrote:

.Just give it a god damn rest already, we all know that you can't ride .a mountain bike without
racking your nuts,

From what I hear, neither can anyone else. In other words, we are witnessing the last generation of
moutain bikers, thank God.

but take your anger out on .something else.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On 7 Dec 2003 18:15:44 -0800, [email protected] (Pincack) wrote:
>
> .Just give it a god damn rest already, we all know that you can't ride .a mountain bike without
> racking your nuts,
>
> From what I hear, neither can anyone else. In other words, we are
witnessing the
> last generation of moutain bikers, thank God.
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Not true Dr. Demento.

I just had my son 5 months ago and in the year leading up to his creation (as in, the year prior to
the seed being planted) I had never ridden so much!

Michael "already picking out the MTB gear" P

> On 7 Dec 2003 18:15:44 -0800, [email protected] (Pincack) wrote:
>
> .Just give it a god damn rest already, we all know that you can't ride .a mountain bike without
> racking your nuts,
>
> From what I hear, neither can anyone else. In other words, we are
witnessing the
> last generation of moutain bikers, thank God.

Is that what you hear? How about you ... god forbid ... attempt to indulge in actual reality before
criticizing? Of course, that might dash your delusions somewhat. Facing reality is not something you
seem inclined to attempt.

You might want to try wearing a tin foil hat, that might keep the voices you hear out of your
head. What else do you "hear"? Please send us more of your disjointed diatribes, we don't get
enough of them.

C.Q.C.

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 05:14:35 GMT, "Michael Paul" <mfpaul [email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On 7 Dec 2003 18:15:44 -0800,
[email protected] (Pincack) wrote: .> .> .Just give it a god damn rest already, we all know
that you can't ride .> .a mountain bike without racking your nuts, .> .> From what I hear, neither
can anyone else. In other words, we are .witnessing the .> last generation of moutain bikers, thank
God. .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande . .Not true Dr. Demento. . .I just had my son 5 months
ago and in the year leading up to his creation .(as in, the year prior to the seed being planted) I
had never ridden so .much! . .Michael "already picking out the MTB gear" P

If he's as smart as you, we have nothing to worry about.
===

"Q." <LostVideos-AT-hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On 7 Dec 2003 18:15:44 -0800, [email protected] (Pincack) wrote:
> >
> > .Just give it a god damn rest already, we all know that you can't ride .a mountain bike without
> > racking your nuts,
> >
> > From what I hear, neither can anyone else. In other words, we are
> witnessing the
> > last generation of moutain bikers, thank God.
>
> Is that what you hear? How about you ... god forbid ... attempt to indulge in actual reality
> before criticizing? Of course, that might dash your delusions somewhat. Facing reality is not
> something you seem inclined to attempt.
>
> You might want to try wearing a tin foil hat, that might keep the voices you hear out of your
> head. What else do you "hear"? Please send us more of your disjointed diatribes, we don't get
> enough of them.
>
> C.Q.C.

Thank God that Mike at least rides a bike and hopefully he won't, then, be able to reproduce some
pocket protector wearing band geek.

"Another Typical Mountain Biker Demonstrates their *Utter Ignorance and Inability to Reason*"

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahah! I so love the smell of irony!

Shaun aRe