Another unexpected big Phonak result! hmmm...

bobke

Oct 3, 2004
Oscar Pereiro continues the Hamilton tradition at Romandie.
Any guesses how?
Any takers?
Look at his palmares.
turned pro just a few years ago, almost no wins except oh wait, Classique des Alpes last year in Phonak's big run up before the TdF.
Now, who shows up out of the blue and storms to a win in Classique with no previous results?

An epiphany? Are you just now waking up to the reality that medical treatments contribute as much as any other winning element in pro racing?

Are you implying that Phonak went back to its successful 2004 blood boosting techniques?

Insofar as the tests that nailed Perez & Hamilton, it did require more than 30 days to analize results---so Romandie will be over and forgotten by the time any tricky dope methods were revealed, if at all.

Romandie is a testing ground for super doping as we near the TDF commercial spectacle.

Mauro Gianetti will never forget the two weeks he spent in the ICU at the University Hospital beginning May 8, 1998. An overdose of PFC as he discovered--can and will shut down your vital organs.

Or you could do as another illmannered poster suggested and just: 'shut up!'

hombredesubaru said:
Any guesses how?
Any takers?
Look at his palmares.
turned pro just a few years ago, almost no wins except oh wait, Classique des Alpes last year in Phonak's big run up before the TdF.
Now, who shows up out of the blue and storms to a win in Classique with no previous results?

hombredesubaru said:
Any guesses how?
Any takers?
Look at his palmares.
Why unexpected? Check last year`s Tour and Vuelta results..

Virenque said:
Why unexpected? Check last year`s Tour and Vuelta results..
10th overall in the tdf and 6th in the prologue. Seems like the kind of guy who could realistically win a TT in Romandy to me.

Blaze_UK said:
10th overall in the tdf and 6th in the prologue. Seems like the kind of guy who could realistically win a TT in Romandy to me.
Yep. No big surprise here.

Don't forget that Phonak is a Swiss team, and want/has to do well in Switzerland.
Seems normal to me.

frenk said:
Don't forget that Phonak is a Swiss team, and want/has to do well in Switzerland.
Seems normal to me.

yeah, I guess y'all are right.
Oh well and looks like that famous Swiss rider Botero is back in form. Did a Bobbu Julich and disappeared on Telekom then backin form as soon as he's out. Do you think these guys do it on purpose to say f*#^ you to Telekom or is the team that destrcutive to non Teutons? well and Vino, but he'd do well anywhere...

So after nearly being thrown off the Pro Tour , having virtually all their management sacked and changed and losing their team leader in one of the most public and high profile doping cases since Festina and you think they'd risk it all less than 6 months later on a warm up event? Go take a seat in the dumbass corner with Flyer.

Would that be the 'getting your meds right' corner?

Botero is a surprise winner, not because he is not a 'talented stage race-style rider' but rather, his meds have not been 'correct' for several years. Perhaps he and his medical team found a new method?

Finally, redemption with a victory.

Put some 'Actovegin on that road rash' Ouch!.

No hope w/o the dope!

Roadrash Dunc said:
So after nearly being thrown off the Pro Tour , having virtually all their management sacked and changed and losing their team leader in one of the most public and high profile doping cases since Festina and you think they'd risk it all less than 6 months later on a warm up event? Go take a seat in the dumbass corner with Flyer.

Flyer said:
Would that be the 'getting your meds right' corner?

Botero is a surprise winner, not because he is not a 'talented stage race-style rider' but rather, his meds have not been 'correct' for several years. Perhaps he and his medical team found a new method?

Finally, redemption with a victory.

Put some 'Actovegin on that road rash' Ouch!.

No hope w/o the dope!

Flyer, you are really a loser.
I still don't understand what you are doing here, go find a sport you like (obviously you don't like cycling) and stop posting the same things every 10 minutes.
By the way, are you a cyclist?
I doubt so, you probably are a couch potato unable to do any kind of effort.
No surprise you can't stop blaming those men that can do 260+km on the bike at 40+km/h.

Envy is a bad thing.

Get a grasp on reality pal: Wake up and accept the IV feed. Speaking out on the menace which fools many into accepting a commercial fraud is not a waste of time.

Envy drug addicts? You worship them, not I.

Loser, I guess it depends on the definition. I have won dozens of bicycle races; 1) on the track, 2) road races, 3) hilly circuit races 4) criteriums 5) mountain bike, no time trials, however.

So too with motorcycles, in various different types of events. Plenty of victories there too.

Insider awareness of how professional endurance athletes prepare in no way disqualifies me as being passionate about sport---cycling in particular.

I suppose Greg Lemond is another loser in your book. If so, I am in great company!

Insofar as doing a 21 day stage race (TDF) at a speed average of 42 kph---that just proves the medical practice of doping. Hein Verbruggen (UCI chief) has said publicly---if the public wanted a TDF at a speed average of 25 kph----we would not need dope.

But the pubic seems to want a 42 kph speed---and that is why doping is required.

So, it is your attitude which is squarely to blame.

Go back into your clowdy haze.

frenk said:
Flyer, you are really a loser.
I still don't understand what you are doing here, go find a sport you like (obviously you don't like cycling) and stop posting the same things every 10 minutes.
By the way, are you a cyclist?
I doubt so, you probably are a couch potato unable to do any kind of effort.
No surprise you can't stop blaming those men that can do 260+km on the bike at 40+km/h.

Envy is a bad thing.

yeah so the public is also somewhat guilty for wanting athletes perform 42 kph....there are more sides to the story. You could go on and on about doping but what about the future.

T. Dekker 6th at the time trial in Romandie....great performance! By the way next week is the giro. Almost forgot with all the clouds of doping accusations hanging over this forum;)

Flyer said:
Get a grasp on reality pal: Wake up and accept the IV feed. Speaking out on the menace which fools many into accepting a commercial fraud is not a waste of time.

Envy drug addicts? You worship them, not I.

Loser, I guess it depends on the definition. I have won dozens of bicycle races; 1) on the track, 2) road races, 3) hilly circuit races 4) criteriums 5) mountain bike, no time trials, however.

So too with motorcycles, in various different types of events. Plenty of victories there too.

Insider awareness of how professional endurance athletes prepare in no way disqualifies me as being passionate about sport---cycling in particular.

I suppose Greg Lemond is another loser in your book. If so, I am in great company!

Insofar as doing a 21 day stage race (TDF) at a speed average of 42 kph---that just proves the medical practice of doping. Hein Verbruggen (UCI chief) has said publicly---if the public wanted a TDF at a speed average of 25 kph----we would not need dope.

But the pubic seems to want a 42 kph speed---and that is why doping is required.

So, it is your attitude which is squarely to blame.

Go back into your clowdy haze.

That's according to the UCI chief--the public is to blame.

And to the extent that apathy rules or fans truly want Gladiator 'win-at-all-cost' and 'the end justifies the means behavior', then Hein Verbruggen is quite correct.

But there is plenty of blame to go around, on all sides, on illegal doping. It's a terrific example of corruption in business and in life.

Easy to deny, impossible to ignore.

Watch for Giro di Italia doping action.

http://outside.away.com/magazine/0799/9907tour.html

MJtje said:
yeah so the public is also somewhat guilty for wanting athletes perform 42 kph....there are more sides to the story. You could go on and on about doping but what about the future.

T. Dekker 6th at the time trial in Romandie....great performance! By the way next week is the giro. Almost forgot with all the clouds of doping accusations hanging over this forum;)

Flyer said:
(...)
(...)

But why the hell do you still follow pro races??? Many people -like you- have lost interest in those races but are still passionate about cycling. They go out and ride.
They don't keep posting thousands of times that pros are cheaters and pro races are 'who has the best medical team' races.
Make your choice, if you don't believe in pro cycling anymore, stop following it.

(Sorry for the loser, I probably was wrong if you have such a palmarés)

Winning a bicycling or motorcycle race does should not determine whether one is a winner of loser in life.

People who race alot, have the most obvious chances to improve and learn how to win a race.

Phonak won't change it's doping tune, merely the pretence of compliance. Botero for Hamilton.

If they are all on drugs---then cheating may be the wrong context. But the doping is still wrong.

The problem with all commercial funded sports----is that many fans never participated in them except in elementary school. These folks know nothing of how the 'sausages are made' so to speak---and yet they speak with absolute authority that doping is not a problem.

It is. And it is a massive and perverse one.

From doping we can quickly morph into other forms of commercial and coporate deceptions and fraud. Once a professional 'winning at all cost' attitude is accepted, chaos follows.

In 2003 & 2004 procycling was more embarassed and exposed for the dirty secrets it lied about since the 1998 Festina & TVM arrests.

The 1999 Lance Armstrong 'miracle comeback' distracted everyone from Marco Panatani's scandalous win (half the field quit) to another commercial story 'cancer recovery'. (Pantani could not defend his TDF title because of his 1999 Giro blood problem DQ)

While that Cancer Recovery story saved the Tour de France and made Lance Armstrong an Icon---it did nothing to stop doping in cycling. In fact, it ignited it to new levels, whilst switching the focus away from what would later be learned at the Lille Trial in October 2000.

Michele Ferrari is a hero in the performance blood doping community and his malpractice conviction is a badge of honor to him.

To answer your question, I go where the fire is. I follow the smoke to professional sport---that's where you will discover a 'pharmacy of wheels'.

The fire is doping, cheating, fraud, cover-ups abusing themes of goodness.

btw: not close to 1,000 posts yet.

frenk said:
But why the hell do you still follow pro races??? Many people -like you- have lost interest in those races but are still passionate about cycling. They go out and ride.
They don't keep posting thousands of times that pros are cheaters and pro races are 'who has the best medical team' races.
Make your choice, if you don't believe in pro cycling anymore, stop following it.

(Sorry for the loser, I probably was wrong if you have such a palmarés)

Still there is the question do you enjoy watching cycling?

Flyer said:
Winning a bicycling or motorcycle race does should not determine whether one is a winner of loser in life.

People who race alot, have the most obvious chances to improve and learn how to win a race.

Phonak won't change it's doping tune, merely the pretence of compliance. Botero for Hamilton.

If they are all on drugs---then cheating may be the wrong context. But the doping is still wrong.

The problem with all commercial funded sports----is that many fans never participated in them except in elementary school. These folks know nothing of how the 'sausages are made' so to speak---and yet they speak with absolute authority that doping is not a problem.

It is. And it is a massive and perverse one.

From doping we can quickly morph into other forms of commercial and coporate deceptions and fraud. Once a professional 'winning at all cost' attitude is accepted, chaos follows.

In 2003 & 2004 procycling was more embarassed and exposed for the dirty secrets it lied about since the 1998 Festina & TVM arrests.

The 1999 Lance Armstrong 'miracle comeback' distracted everyone from Marco Panatani's scandalous win (half the field quit) to another commercial story 'cancer recovery'. (Pantani could not defend his TDF title because of his 1999 Giro blood problem DQ)

While that Cancer Recovery story saved the Tour de France and made Lance Armstrong an Icon---it did nothing to stop doping in cycling. In fact, it ignited it to new levels, whilst switching the focus away from what would later be learned at the Lille Trial in October 2000.

Michele Ferrari is a hero in the performance blood doping community and his malpractice conviction is a badge of honor to him.

To answer your question, I go where the fire is. I follow the smoke to professional sport---that's where you will discover a 'pharmacy of wheels'.

The fire is doping, cheating, fraud, cover-ups abusing themes of goodness.

btw: not close to 1,000 posts yet.

Love cycling. Hate doping.

Hate the cover stories about the doping. Hate the sad denials. Hate the embarassing associations.

Cycling is a beautiful sport for so many reasons, and yet at it's highest levels is filthy dirty and corrupt.

At least WWF wrestling is open and honest about what it prends to be.

MJtje said:
Still there is the question do you enjoy watching cycling?