Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Another vote for tubeless

Started by Corvus Corvax · · Last activity · 2 posts · 327 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
29 August 2004
Last activity
29 August 2004
Original author
Corvus Corvax
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
327
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Interesting perspective from
    <http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/olympics04/?id=results/mtb_men>:

    "I was chasing all the way up the (first) climb, and I came over the
    top in fifth. But the race was up ahead, going away, so I had to let it
    go on the downhill, I had to make contact if I was going to be in the
    race. In one of the chicanes I felt it hit a rock, and it bucked me
    right out of the groove, and I blasted through the tape. My (rear) tire
    blew so hard from the rock, it blew the tire bead off the rim (Hesjedal
    was riding tubeless). So I was dead last, and it took at least 3-4
    minutes to put it on, but the first time I put pressure on it again it
    blew off the rim."

    Wonder how he would have been had he been riding a YesTubes tire...

    The men's race was pretty damn exciting. But, man! Under 20kph average
    for pros. Talk about a brutal slog of a course. CBC covered the race in
    its entirety, too. NBC sucks.

    CC

  2. "Corvus Corvax" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Interesting perspective from
    <http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/olympics04/?id=results/mtb_men>:

    "I was chasing all the way up the (first) climb, and I came over the
    top in fifth. But the race was up ahead, going away, so I had to let it
    go on the downhill, I had to make contact if I was going to be in the
    race. In one of the chicanes I felt it hit a rock, and it bucked me
    right out of the groove, and I blasted through the tape. My (rear) tire
    blew so hard from the rock, it blew the tire bead off the rim (Hesjedal
    was riding tubeless). So I was dead last, and it took at least 3-4
    minutes to put it on, but the first time I put pressure on it again it
    blew off the rim."

    Wonder how he would have been had he been riding a YesTubes tire...

    The men's race was pretty damn exciting. But, man! Under 20kph average
    for pros.

    It was brutally hot and there were a lot of loose sections. Really, racing
    mtn bikes in temps near 40C is not a great idea.

    Quoted message said:

    Talk about a brutal slog of a course. CBC covered the race in
    its entirety, too. NBC sucks.

    100% correct: NBC sucks ass!

    Dave

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.