Another weather rant - It's brutal here and it is interfering with my riding.

Originally Posted by urge2kill

Climate scientists say the average temperature has risen 1 degree, not 10 degrees.
Are you arguing that Earth is actually getting colder?

Isnt "global warming" supposed to be causing both colder and warmer temperatures? Or is that "climate change"?
big-smile.png

The ride tomorow is probably gonna be again in this terrible weather:
big-smile.png

20 Celcious, sunny and a bit of wind!
love.png

Originally Posted by Volnix
Isnt "global warming" supposed to be causing both colder and warmer temperatures? Or is that "climate change"?
big-smile.png
I've tried to search my memory from 3 years ago, when I was the introverted, studious, quiet but occasionally rebellious, shining example of a student/******** in my highschool envioronmental science class. But I think I've blocked most of that out.

"Climate change" is the newer term, but I think they refer to roughly the same idea. I think I learned that it is changing the ocean currents, which in turn control the air currents that carry hot air away from the tropics, but I couldn't find any sources to back this up.

Quote by U2K:
"...in my highschool envioronmental science class. "

Did you build a model volcano...or have a class field trip to burn down the local car dealership that sold gas guzzling sport- utes?

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Quote by U2K:
"...in my highschool envioronmental science class. "

Did you build a model volcano...or have a class field trip to burn down the local car dealership that sold gas guzzling sport- utes?
No, just learned about how humans always show up places, make them uninhabitable, then move somewhere else. For example, how deforestation allows erosion to occur, then houses gradually drift into the sea.

Yeah...those God damned humans!

First we show up with a mofo A-bomb and blast the living **** outta da whole place and make it all uninhabitable and ****...

Then we have to move the **** away and stuff and we're left with this! Wait! Wut???

Not even throwing a half-assed nuke war after months of fire bombing and thousands of tons of high explosives can make a place uninhabitable if folks have half a brain and a work ethic.

You do realize about 90% of the Dutch would be champion open water swimmers if it weren't for a little invention made out of dirt called..."the dike"?

Oy. I think the only "unihabitable" places I've ever seen are Detroit and Gary. And those got **** all to do with the weather.

Originally Posted by urge2kill

I've tried to search my memory from 3 years ago, when I was the introverted, studious, quiet but occasionally rebellious, shining example of a student/******** in my highschool envioronmental science class. But I think I've blocked most of that out.

"Climate change" is the newer term, but I think they refer to roughly the same idea. I think I learned that it is changing the ocean currents, which in turn control the air currents that carry hot air away from the tropics, but I couldn't find any sources to back this up.

Are they gonna change the building codes there now? That weather was probably much more then the "50 year period maximum" that stuff is getting designed for...

At the bright side, if they do, all new buildings there are gonna be designed like arctic stations!
big-smile.png

Not even throwing a half-assed nuke war after months of fire bombing and thousands of tons of high explosives can make a place uninhabitable if folks have half a brain and a work ethic.

You do realize about 90% of the Dutch would be champion open water swimmers if it weren't for a little invention made out of dirt called..."the dike"?

Oy. I think the only "unihabitable" places I've ever seen are Detroit and Gary. And those got **** all to do with the weather.
What about the Dust Bowl? That was uninhabitable for a time.

Quote: Wikipedia - Dust Bowl #causes
When severe drought struck the Great Plains region in the 1930s, it exposed the increased risk for erosion that was created by the farming practices in use at the time. The drought dried the topsoil and over time it became friable, reduced to a powdery consistency in some places. Without the indigenous grasses in place, the high winds that commonly occur on the plains were able to create the massive dust storms that marked the Dust Bowl period.[9]

Living there was very difficult. Everyone had to wear masks to keep out the dust, and the dust found its way into every nook and cranny of their homes.

Quote by U2K:
"What about the Dust Bowl? That was uninhabitable for a time."

What about it?

So was Pompei. Blame Bush? Or blame Mother Nature?

Krakatoa? Or perhaps a Sooonami that wipes out a quarter of a million people? Or monsoons that waste tens of thousands every decade?

I blame Obama!!!

We are expecting another inch of Global Warming© Climate Change™ Extreme Weather® today and a low of 12° tonight.

We had a low of 13° yesterday morning and I froze my assets off during yesterday's ride.

EnvironMENTALists...may **** be upon them.

Quote by U2K:
"That guy is making God angry! "

God sent his dark angel, Vlad Putin, to kick Odumbo's ass around in retaliation for wasting my money on failed electric car companies and bankrupt solar panel companies and debt-ridden wind projects. Obummer, may **** be upon him! Vlad drinks Hussein's milkshake.

We are expecting another inch of Global Warming© Climate Change™ Extreme Weather® today and a low of 12° tonight.

We had a low of 13° yesterday morning and I froze my assets off during yesterday's ride.

Wooow, you have freezing weather in Maaarch??? How cooool is thaaaat? I'm so jeaaalous.
big-smile.png

Daaang it, it will probably be like this every day now, for the next 3 months, daaarn it...
big-smile.png

It's up to 34° right now, the sun is out and the radar is still clear. If I can get a couple quotes banged out and this drawing dimensioned I might beat Ohio burning up and turning into a desert the snow.

MBB, I say we go to Greece and join Volnix for the next three months!

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy

Greek food is healthy.

It's pretty good yeah...
wink.png

​
Quote: Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy .

Greek woman are beautiful.
Not really...
big-smile.png