Anquet cd-roms

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Theo, Apr 28, 2004.

  1. Theo

    Theo Guest

    Hi ,

    today I received the Anquet cd-roms I had ordered at George
    Fisher's in Keswick. The first try-outs look very promising.
    It's my first experience with mapping-cd-roms so I still
    have to get the hang off it. Already 'did' a few routes from
    the past and a few from the future and I like it very much.
    I can't compare with other systems but I like the
    helicopterview. I had a look around from Ben Nevis without a
    cloud in the sky (first time for me) and also looked
    straight down the north face. Not suited for people with
    high anxiety ! Further experiences with routes, paths etc.
    will be posted here.

    Theo

    Tags:

  2. Brianw

    Brianw Guest

    "theo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi ,
    >
    > today I received the Anquet cd-roms I had ordered at
    > George Fisher's in Keswick. The first try-outs look very
    > promising. It's my first experience with mapping-cd-roms
    > so I still have to get the hang off it. Already 'did'
    > few routes from the past and a few from the future and I
    > like it very
    much.
    > I can't compare with other systems but I like the
    > helicopterview. I had a look around from Ben Nevis without
    > a cloud in the sky (first time for me) and also looked
    > straight down the north face. Not suited for people with
    > high anxiety ! Further experiences with routes, paths etc.
    > will be posted here.
    >
    > Theo

    Just one "beware". If you do a software update, it asks you
    to insert the
    CD. This triggers the installation program. Make sure you
    kill it off before proceeding, otherwise (like me) you
    could end up uninstalling the software! A pity the
    registration process is so convoluted as well.

    Nice s/w. Some maps are available at a good discount at
    amazon.co.uk, though sadly not the one I wanted. Otherwise
    you can get around 10% discount at mapkiosk.com.

    Brian

  3. Druidh

    Druidh Guest

    "BrianW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "theo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi ,
    > >
    > > today I received the Anquet cd-roms I had ordered at
    > > George Fisher's in Keswick. The first try-outs look very
    > > promising. It's my first
    experience
    > > with mapping-cd-roms so I still have to get the hang off
    > > it. Already
    'did'
    > > few routes from the past and a few from the future and I
    > > like it very
    > much.
    > > I can't compare with other systems but I like the
    > > helicopterview. I had
    > > look around from Ben Nevis without a cloud in the sky
    > > (first time for
    me)
    > > and also looked straight down the north face. Not suited
    > > for people with high anxiety ! Further experiences with
    > > routes, paths etc. will be
    posted
    > > here.
    > >
    > > Theo
    >
    > Just one "beware". If you do a software update, it asks
    > you to insert the
    > CD. This triggers the installation program. Make sure you
    > kill it off
    before
    > proceeding, otherwise (like me) you could end up
    > uninstalling the
    software!
    > A pity the registration process is so convoluted as well.
    >
    > Nice s/w. Some maps are available at a good discount at
    > amazon.co.uk,
    though
    > sadly not the one I wanted. Otherwise you can get around
    > 10% discount at mapkiosk.com.
    >
    > Brian

    Just hold down the "Shift" key when inserting the CD - this
    will temporarily disable Autorun. Or install something like
    Tweakui to make this permanent.

    druidh

  4. Theo

    Theo Guest

    "druidh" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]...
    > "BrianW" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...

    snip

    > > Just one "beware". If you do a software update, it asks
    > > you to insert
    the
    > > CD. This triggers the installation program. Make sure
    > > you kill it off
    > before
    > > proceeding, otherwise (like me) you could end up
    > > uninstalling the
    > software!
    > > A pity the registration process is so convoluted
    > > as well.
    > >
    > > Nice s/w. Some maps are available at a good discount at
    > > amazon.co.uk,
    > though
    > > sadly not the one I wanted. Otherwise you can get around
    > > 10% discount at mapkiosk.com.
    > >
    > > Brian
    > >
    > Just hold down the "Shift" key when inserting the CD -
    > this will
    temporarily
    > disable Autorun. Or install something like Tweakui to make
    > this permanent.
    >
    > druidh

    I installed the cd's on my harddisc. (No probs sofar.) Good
    or bad ? BTW I've got the new cd's (launched april 2nd)
    covering NW and C Scotland.

    Theo

  5. Brianw

    Brianw Guest

    "theo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "druidh" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "BrianW" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > berlin.de...
    >
    > snip
    >
    > > > Just one "beware". If you do a software update, it
    > > > asks you to insert
    > the
    > > > CD. This triggers the installation program. Make sure
    > > > you kill it off
    > > before
    > > > proceeding, otherwise (like me) you could end up
    > > > uninstalling the
    > > software!
    > > > A pity the registration process is so convoluted as
    > > > well.
    > > >
    > > > Nice s/w. Some maps are available at a good discount
    > > > at amazon.co.uk,
    > > though
    > > > sadly not the one I wanted. Otherwise you can get
    > > > around 10% discount
    at
    > > > mapkiosk.com.
    > > >
    > > > Brian
    > > >
    > > Just hold down the "Shift" key when inserting the CD -
    > > this will
    > temporarily
    > > disable Autorun. Or install something like Tweakui to
    > > make this
    permanent.

    > > druidh
    >
    > I installed the cd's on my harddisc. (No probs sofar.)
    > Good or bad ? BTW I've got the new cd's (launched april
    > 2nd) covering NW and C Scotland.
    >
    > Theo

    Much better to install on the hard disk. Faster, and you
    don't have to insert the CD every time. Assuming there's
    enough room of course.

    Brian

  6. Mc

    Mc Guest

    > Nice s/w. Some maps are available at a good discount at
    > amazon.co.uk,
    though
    > sadly not the one I wanted. Otherwise you can get around
    > 10% discount at mapkiosk.com.
    >
    > Brian

    Found a good place which does the complete range of anquet
    at slightly more disount than amazon. www.nav-e-
    gate4less.co.uk. As far as I can make out free delivery to
    within the UK. Worth a look if your considering buying
    Anquet. They also seem to do other digital map software
    too!! "BrianW" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...

    > "theo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi ,
    > >
    > > today I received the Anquet cd-roms I had ordered at
    > > George Fisher's in Keswick. The first try-outs look very
    > > promising. It's my first
    experience
    > > with mapping-cd-roms so I still have to get the hang off
    > > it. Already
    'did'
    > > few routes from the past and a few from the future and I
    > > like it very
    > much.
    > > I can't compare with other systems but I like the
    > > helicopterview. I had
    > > look around from Ben Nevis without a cloud in the sky
    > > (first time for
    me)
    > > and also looked straight down the north face. Not suited
    > > for people with high anxiety ! Further experiences with
    > > routes, paths etc. will be
    posted
    > > here.
    > >
    > > Theo
    >
    > Just one "beware". If you do a software update, it asks
    > you to insert the
    > CD. This triggers the installation program. Make sure you
    > kill it off
    before
    > proceeding, otherwise (like me) you could end up
    > uninstalling the
    software!
    > A pity the registration process is so convoluted as well.
    >
    > Nice s/w. Some maps are available at a good discount at
    > amazon.co.uk,
    though
    > sadly not the one I wanted. Otherwise you can get around
    > 10% discount at mapkiosk.com.
    >
    > Brian

  7. Mike Mason

    Mike Mason Guest

    Am I missing something here. Amazon seem to do the maps
    for £56.00 whilst nav-e-gate4less seem to be doing them
    for £72.50.

    Mike Mason

    "MC @hotmail.com>" <<nospam> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
    > > Nice s/w. Some maps are available at a good discount at
    > > amazon.co.uk,
    > though
    > > sadly not the one I wanted. Otherwise you can get around
    > > 10% discount at mapkiosk.com.
    > >
    > > Brian
    >
    > Found a good place which does the complete range of anquet
    > at slightly
    more
    > disount than amazon. www.nav-e-gate4less.co.uk. As far as
    > I can make out free delivery to within the UK. Worth a
    > look if your considering buying Anquet. They also seem to
    > do other digital map software too!! "BrianW"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > >
    > > "theo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hi ,
    > > >
    > > > today I received the Anquet cd-roms I had ordered at
    > > > George Fisher's
    in
    > > > Keswick. The first try-outs look very promising. It's
    > > > my first
    > experience
    > > > with mapping-cd-roms so I still have to get the hang
    > > > off it. Already
    > 'did'
    > > > few routes from the past and a few from the future and
    > > > I like it very
    > > much.
    > > > I can't compare with other systems but I like the
    > > > helicopterview. I
    had
    > > > look around from Ben Nevis without a cloud in the sky
    > > > (first time for
    > me)
    > > > and also looked straight down the north face. Not
    > > > suited for people
    with
    > > > high anxiety ! Further experiences with routes, paths
    > > > etc. will be
    > posted
    > > > here.
    > > >
    > > > Theo
    > >
    > > Just one "beware". If you do a software update, it asks
    > > you to insert
    the
    > > CD. This triggers the installation program. Make sure
    > > you kill it off
    > before
    > > proceeding, otherwise (like me) you could end up
    > > uninstalling the
    > software!
    > > A pity the registration process is so convoluted
    > > as well.
    > >
    > > Nice s/w. Some maps are available at a good discount at
    > > amazon.co.uk,
    > though
    > > sadly not the one I wanted. Otherwise you can get around
    > > 10% discount at mapkiosk.com.
    > >
    > > Brian

  8. Mc

    Mc Guest

    Last time I looked Nav-e-gate4less were doing Anquet Maps
    for less than Amazon. That was a while ago. Amazon must have
    cut their prices again.

    "Mike Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Am I missing something here. Amazon seem to do the maps
    > for £56.00 whilst nav-e-gate4less seem to be doing them
    > for £72.50.
    >
    > Mike Mason
    >
    > "MC @hotmail.com>" <<nospam> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > 2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
    > > > Nice s/w. Some maps are available at a good discount
    > > > at amazon.co.uk,
    > > though
    > > > sadly not the one I wanted. Otherwise you can get
    > > > around 10% discount
    at
    > > > mapkiosk.com.
    > > >
    > > > Brian
    > >
    > > Found a good place which does the complete range of
    > > anquet at slightly
    > more
    > > disount than amazon. www.nav-e-gate4less.co.uk. As far
    > > as I can make out free delivery to within the UK. Worth
    > > a look if your considering buying Anquet. They also seem
    > > to do other digital map software too!! "BrianW"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > berlin.de...
    > > >
    > > > "theo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > in
    > > experience
    > > 'did'
    very
    > > > much.
    > had
    for
    > > me)
    > with
    > > posted

    > > > Just one "beware". If you do a software update, it
    > > > asks you to insert
    > the
    > > > CD. This triggers the installation program. Make sure
    > > > you kill it off
    > > before
    > > > proceeding, otherwise (like me) you could end up
    > > > uninstalling the
    > > software!
    > > > A pity the registration process is so convoluted as
    > > > well.
    > > >
    > > > Nice s/w. Some maps are available at a good discount
    > > > at amazon.co.uk,
    > > though
    > > > sadly not the one I wanted. Otherwise you can get
    > > > around 10% discount
    at
    > > > mapkiosk.com.
    > > >
    > > > Brian

  9. Paul Rose

    Paul Rose Guest

    "Mike Mason" <m.mas[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Am I missing something here. Amazon seem to do the maps
    > for £56.00
    whilst
    > nav-e-gate4less seem to be doing them for £72.50.

    Does anyone know the cheapest place to obtain Memory
    Map Explorer
    1:25,000? I am sure someone gave a url here a while ago.

    Regards, Paul

    Paul Rose Middlesbrough, England, U.K.

  10. Theo

    Theo Guest

    snip
    "MC @hotmail.com>" <<nospam> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]...
    > Last time I looked Nav-e-gate4less were doing Anquet Maps
    > for less than Amazon. That was a while ago. Amazon must
    > have cut their prices again.
    snip

    Since it was a while ago I assume that Neg4l was selling the
    'old' cd-roms at the time. The ones showed now are the new
    cd-roms with 3D (GB in 10 cd's).

    Theo

  11. Mc

    Mc Guest

    Nav-e-gate4less seem to do Memory Map. I don't know if they
    are the cheapest, but they are certainly cheaper than the
    high street.

    URL is www.nav-e-gate4less.co.uk

    "Paul Rose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Mike Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Am I missing something here. Amazon seem to do the maps
    > > for £56.00
    > whilst
    > > nav-e-gate4less seem to be doing them for £72.50.
    >
    > Does anyone know the cheapest place to obtain Memory Map
    > Explorer
    > 1:25,000? I am sure someone gave a url here a while ago.
    >
    > Regards, Paul
    >
    > Paul Rose Middlesbrough, England, U.K.

  12. Paul Rose

    Paul Rose Guest

    "MC @hotmail.com>" <<nospam> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Nav-e-gate4less seem to do Memory Map. I don't know if
    > they are the cheapest, but they are certainly cheaper than
    > the high street.
    >
    > URL is www.nav-e-gate4less.co.uk

    Yeah, I checked their site but it is only £5 cheaper than
    the high street. I'm sure someone mentioned a site selling
    it for £75 but I can't seem to find it.