Answer Vapor Cold Weather Gloves

DRS

Guest
Are Answer Vapor Cold Weather Gloves any good? Winter's coming on and I
need some winter gloves. Some bloke's flogging the Answer Vapors on ebay
for what seems a decent price. I don't need anything that I'd wear to the
South Pole, it rarely gets below 0°C here, but I need something more than my
lycra half-gloves. :)

--

A: Top-posters.

I've never found any gloves that work at 0°C for me, that's mitten
country. But it's going to depend mostly on what your system does
with blood flow when your hands get cold.

The key seems to be keeping your wrist warm, in preventing the blood
flow from shutting down, if shutting down is what it does.
--
Ron Hardin
[email protected]

says...
> Are Answer Vapor Cold Weather Gloves any good? Winter's coming on and I
> need some winter gloves. Some bloke's flogging the Answer Vapors on ebay
> for what seems a decent price. I don't need anything that I'd wear to the
> South Pole, it rarely gets below 0°C here, but I need something more than my
> lycra half-gloves. :)

I really like my Pearl Izumi full-finger gloves for weather down to
about freezing or even just a little below.

--
Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!

"David Kerber" <ns_dkerber@ns_ids.net> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> says...
>> Are Answer Vapor Cold Weather Gloves any good? Winter's coming on
>> and I need some winter gloves. Some bloke's flogging the Answer
>> Vapors on ebay for what seems a decent price. I don't need anything
>> that I'd wear to the South Pole, it rarely gets below 0°C here, but
>> I need something more than my lycra half-gloves. :)

> I really like my Pearl Izumi full-finger gloves for weather down to
> about freezing or even just a little below.

Unfortunately, Pearl Izumi gloves are stupidly expensive and are not being
flogged off cheaply on ebay.

--

A: Top-posters.

Are they wind-proof? What do you use now? Is it insulated? How do your
current gloves compare to the Answers?

I use wind-proof gloves with no insulation down to about 5C, thin insulation
to about 0C and mittens below that. And if I choose the wrong gloves for
the ride then I pedal harder and try to choose better the next ride.

Bruce, sometimes a top-poster