Anti-corrosion/rust spray for chromoly frame

astrok

Jan 17, 2005
Hi all,

I have a Burley Fox Hollow road frame. This frame is a chromoly one (True Temper OX Platinum) and I love it so much. :D

The outer paint job is very good to prevent the rust/corrosion, but I'm worrying about the internal of the frame tubing and possible paint abrasion. :eek:

Is there any good spray to prevent rust/corrosion for the chromoly frame? ;)

Thanks in advance. :)

The only thing to pratect the frame is the paint. So if the paint chips paint that area. If you do not know how to paint your bike then just go to a place that spraypaints cars, they normally do it for just a little more than the cost of the paint. I have gotten my BMX bike and my trials bike painted at the same time for 80 bucks. Now I learned to do it myself. I just strip the paint off of the frame, then I go and spray paint the frame with whatever I want paint it. Then I do about five or six coats of very evenly distributed coats. Also make sure you wait untiil the first coat is lightly tacky then apply you rnext coat.

I hope this helps

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

Actually the frame outer original paint is in excellent condition, so I don't have to re-paint for a while. :D

However, the inside of the frame tubing doesn't have any paint job, I think. I'd like to apply some anti-corrosion/rust into the inside of the tubing for protection. :rolleyes:

Thanks again, Jeff. :)

astrok said:
Hi all,

I have a Burley Fox Hollow road frame. This frame is a chromoly one (True Temper OX Platinum) and I love it so much. :D

The outer paint job is very good to prevent the rust/corrosion, but I'm worrying about the internal of the frame tubing and possible paint abrasion. :eek:

Is there any good spray to prevent rust/corrosion for the chromoly frame? ;)

Thanks in advance. :)
http://www.serotta.com/pages/repairs.html
http://www.bikeparts.com/search_results.asp?ID=BPC306996
J P Weigle's Frame Saver works