Anti cyclists threats in the media

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
In The Hun article below, Mr Thornton has an illegal brainfart ... regardless of whether your opinion regarding Critical Mass is positive or negative, cyclists concerned about road behaviour should keep an eye on Ross's future antics (refer to article below). Ditto, I intend to follow this issue up further.

***

Gridlock as cyclists ride out complaints
http://heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17365753%5E2862,00.html
Mark Moor 26nov05

APART from delays, yesterday's Critical Mass Cyclists' demonstration passed without incident.

More than 1000 of the pro-cycling lobbyists caused havoc in the CBD and inner-northern suburbs as they gathered to commemorate 10 years of the monthly Critical Mass rides. About six bike-mounted police cracked down on cyclists not wearing helmets.

Acting Supt Stephen Dennis said aside from lengthy delays in the CBDand surrounding suburbs the riders were well behaved.

Truck driver Ross Thornton, who heads up a group called Critical Smash, called media outlets to pass on a warning to the cyclists -- stay out of the way.

"If any one of those idiots illegally impedes me I'll run straight over them," he said.

cfsmtb said:
In The Hun article below, Mr Thornton has illegal brainfart ... regardless of whether your opinion regarding Critical Mass is positive or negative, cyclists concerned about road behaviour should keep an eye on Ross's future antics (refer to article below). Ditto, I intend to follow this issue up further.

***

Gridlock as cyclists ride out complaints
http://heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17365753%5E2862,00.html
Mark Moor 26nov05

APART from delays, yesterday's Critical Mass Cyclists' demonstration passed without incident.

More than 1000 of the pro-cycling lobbyists caused havoc in the CBD and inner-northern suburbs as they gathered to commemorate 10 years of the monthly Critical Mass rides. About six bike-mounted police cracked down on cyclists not wearing helmets.

Acting Supt Stephen Dennis said aside from lengthy delays in the CBDand surrounding suburbs the riders were well behaved.

Truck driver Ross Thornton, who heads up a group called Critical Smash, called media outlets to pass on a warning to the cyclists -- stay out of the way.

"If any one of those idiots illegally impedes me I'll run straight over them," he said.

Maybe dig up some details on him and send him a letter explaining what is legal with regards to cyclists on public roads. And maybe some outlined penalties for vehicular homicide or assault. What does the law say with regards to incitement?

Is deliberately running down innocent people with a heavy vehicle considered an act of terror? Maybe Mr. Thornton would benefit from 14 days of "time out". Ok, that last one's not serious.

I suppose the jornos had to find an opposing view for a 'balanced' story.

Does that mean it's now OK to inflict injury [death] if you a inconvenianced & you have the means at hand to do so? Afterall it seems that as that point of view is so openly expressed [without qualification] across in the media, it must seem to be the accepted norm nowadays in Australia.

Resound said:
Maybe dig up some details on him and send him a letter explaining what is legal with regards to cyclists on public roads. And maybe some outlined penalties for vehicular homicide or assault. What does the law say with regards to incitement?

Is deliberately running down innocent people with a heavy vehicle considered an act of terror? Maybe Mr. Thornton would benefit from 14 days of "time out". Ok, that last one's not serious.

Or get the Hun for incitement - they published the article!

*Make the All New Sedition Laws Work For You*

Sounds like a nifty tactic ... :D

cfsmtb <[email protected]> writes:

> Or get the Hun for incitement - they published the article!
>
> *Make the All New Sedition Laws Work For You*
>
> Sounds like a nifty tactic ... :D

Except that you can never use evil to do good...

David

--

David Trudgett
http://www.zeta.org.au/~wpower/

Problems cannot be solved
at the same level of awareness
that created them.

-- Albert Einstein

cfsmtb said:
"If any one of those idiots illegally impedes me I'll run straight over them," he said.
Hmmmmmm, well at least this over no-dozed brain dead truck trash is suggesting some one do something "illegal" befor he runs over them, maybe if he holds his breath he will do us a favour.

To date all the "run over" cyclists at the hands of trucks, SUVs and other one-eyed bloodyminded driven vehicles have been as a result of the cyclists acting generally quite legally, being a good and model citizen, acting responsibly, environmentally and socially correctly and with great respect for all road users when along comes vehicle head and mows them down......

When vehicle drivers one day realise the roads are not their sole domain to terrorise and harrass all not using four wheels, then we might not have idiots like this braindead moron who needs 18 wheels to hide behind getting any coverage in the HUn or other media.....BUT as water does find its own level, the dear Hun and its brethren of anti-anything on the road but fourwheeled trailer trash journos are therefore in similar , if not disturbed company!

arrrrrgh!!:mad:

cfsmtb <[email protected]> wrote:

> In The Hun article below, Mr Thornton has illegal brainfart ...
> regardless of whether your opinion regarding Critical Mass is positive
> or negative, cyclists concerned about road behaviour should keep an eye
> on Ross's future antics (refer to article below). Ditto, I intend to
> follow this issue up further.
>

> ***
>
> Gridlock as cyclists ride out complaints
> http://tinyurl.com/akmzv
> Mark Moor 26nov05
>
> APART from delays, yesterday's Critical Mass Cyclists' demonstration
> passed without incident.
>
> More than 1000 of the pro-cycling lobbyists caused havoc in the CBD and
> inner-northern suburbs as they gathered to commemorate 10 years of the
> monthly Critical Mass rides. About six bike-mounted police cracked down
> on cyclists not wearing helmets.
>
> Acting Supt Stephen Dennis said aside from lengthy delays in the CBDand
> surrounding suburbs the riders were well behaved.
>
> Truck driver Ross Thornton, who heads up a group called Critical Smash,
> called media outlets to pass on a warning to the cyclists -- stay out of
> the way.
>
> "If any one of those idiots illegally impedes me I'll run straight over
> them," he said.

I think you should send a complaint to the Victorian Police asking them
to investigate the group. At least if they know the names of its members
and they do something stupid then it may be possible to prove some form
of premeditation.

Peter
--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Apart from the redneck kneejerk **** - what particularly annoys me is I have the utmost respect for professional truck drivers. :confused:

cfsmtb said:
Apart from the redneck kneejerk **** - what particularly annoys me is I have the utmost respect for professional truck drivers. :confused:
yeah...looks like Thornton is kingsqueak of the red-necks and his "critical smash" needs the responsible ones among pro-drivers to dump on him/them big time....:(

Same respect here. Most of the truck drivers seemed to laugh the events of yesterday off (they were stuck in traffic regardless), and I think it made their day when hundreds of crazy cyclists cheered after them sounding their horn.

It was the cold, snobbish types in their sparklingly clean 4wd's that seemed the most peeved at being corked.

As for the Hun, well at least to their credit they mentioned CM, the Age on the other hand ignored it and featured a full page Myer xmas ad featuring some kiddies in a toy Hummer. Scary.

David Trudgett wrote:

> Except that you can never use evil to do good...

Isn't that what the bad guys expect the good guys to do?
Or have I been wachting too many tits & pecks action movies?

I wonder if Mr Plod is going to get off his **** and talk to this nut case?

cfsmtb wrote:

> Apart from the redneck kneejerk **** - what particularly annoys me is I
> have the utmost respect for professional truck drivers. :confused:

Well, he probably isn't.

Unmm, aren't you from Victoria?
Have you forgotten the rissole example?
Remember Bruce Ruxton who joined after the fighting was over?

Terry Collins said:
Unmm, aren't you from Victoria?
Have you forgotten the rissole example?
Remember Bruce Ruxton who joined after the fighting was over?

Not quite sure what you are trying to say about Bruce Ruxton? He joined the Army ( Brighton Rifles or City of Melbourne Regiment) and served at El-Alamein, North Africa, Egypt, Grece, and Crete where he was rescued by the British Navy from Nazi dive bomber attacks. Came back to Australia for short leave, did jungle training in North Qld and went to Milne Bay, New Guinea.
Thats the only Bruce Ruxton I know and the one who served with my father. He always used to laugh every time his name was on the news.

Perhaps you are thinking of somebody else?

Hugh

> Truck driver Ross Thornton, who heads up a group called Critical Smash,
> called media outlets to pass on a warning to the cyclists -- stay out of
> the way.

Well... they won't be registering a domain name for their group
http://criticalsmash.org/

Jules

HughMann wrote:
> Terry Collins Wrote:
>
>>Unmm, aren't you from Victoria?
>>Have you forgotten the rissole example?
>>Remember Bruce Ruxton who joined after the fighting was over?

....snippage of irrelevant information.
> Perhaps you are thinking of somebody else?

Nope, correct name, different person as you were well aware.

Terry Collins <[email protected]> writes:

> David Trudgett wrote:
>
>> Except that you can never use evil to do good...

> Isn't that what the bad guys expect the good guys to do?

Probably. It's the only way they know how to think. If they thought
any other way, they wouldn't be bad guys.

The way to win and win for keeps is to do what the bad guy doesn't
expect you to do. The bad guy expects you to try to wield the ring of
power, but no one can wield the ring of power without being corrupted
by it. See The Lord of the Rings ;-)

> Or have I been wachting too many tits & pecks action movies?

I don't know. Have you? :)

David

--

David Trudgett
http://www.zeta.org.au/~wpower/

Although people often bemoan political apathy as if it were a grave
social ill, it seems to me that this is just as it should be. Why
should essentially powerless people want to engage in a humiliating
farce designed to demonstrate the legitimacy of those who wield the
power?

-- Dmitry Orlov

Terry Collins said:
.
> Perhaps you are thinking of somebody else?

Nope, correct name, different person as you were well aware.

EXCUSE ME ! Please explain that statement

If I was "well aware" I would not have wasted my time.

David Trudgett wrote:

>>Or have I been wachting too many tits & pecks action movies?

> I don't know. Have you? :)

Probably. Cheap DVDs from The Warehouse (20/$30) and BigW (10/$7.92)
atm. Lots of steam trains (well a few), but only one olde scene with
bicycles so far baring the obligatory priest on bicycle in early
"Italian" stuff (Charles Bronson/Jack Palance).

HughMann wrote:
> Terry Collins Wrote:

> If I was "well aware" I would not have wasted my time.

Well, you did post a resume of someone who obviously wasn't the person I
described.