Anti cyclists threats in the media

Plodder wrote:

> I know someone who was recently fined for driving in the right lane
> without a good reason (she was in it for about 500m when the cops
> pulled her up) so I think it's one of those laws that are not
> enforced as much rather than don't exist. The incident was on Albany
> Highway in Armadale, WA. Can't be stuffed looking up a proper source,
> so I'll stick to anecdotal...

Check out
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/learner/drbook/driversafe_part3.pdf
Page 9 section 3.4

Theo

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:05:09 +0800, Plodder wrote:

> I know someone who was recently fined for driving in the right lane without
> a good reason (she was in it for about 500m when the cops pulled her up) so
> I think it's one of those laws that are not enforced as much rather than
> don't exist.

I wish my MIL was done for this (or actually had her license removed for
just generally being a shocking driver). When we first arrived in
Australia, she picked us up from Perth international airport and got on to
Tonkin highway she said "I'll just get into the right lane as I need to
turn off soon." About *10* kilometres later, she turned off, after having
toddled along at about 85-95km/h!!!

--
Frank
[email protected]
"Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Plodder wrote:
>
> > I know someone who was recently fined for driving in the right lane
> > without a good reason (she was in it for about 500m when the cops
> > pulled her up) so I think it's one of those laws that are not
> > enforced as much rather than don't exist. The incident was on Albany
> > Highway in Armadale, WA. Can't be stuffed looking up a proper source,
> > so I'll stick to anecdotal...

> Check out
> http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/learner/drbook/driversafe_part3.pdf
> Page 9 section 3.4
>
> Theo

Interesting. Thanks for the link.

I didn't realise the "Keep left unless overtaking" signs had legal standing.
I doubt many people do, judging by the amount of right lane hogs I
encounter. I thought it was generally true that you drive in the left lane
unless you had good cause to be in the right lane.

There must be licensed exemption to the rule though. I wonder if you get
that exemption with a taxi license. Pretty sure you do with a 4WD one :p

Cheers,

Frank

SCHMUCKER OF A TRUCKER

Out on the training ride tonight ( well last night as its now 12:14am) and riding west along Williamtown Rd at Pt Melbourne, riding in Bike lane marked on road and container truck trundles up behind me, decides to blow his honker and edge across....closer....revs up and nudges my shoulder with his container trailer as he rumbles past, no hint of slowing or moving away, then as he passes and notes he didnt knock me under his wheels or suck me to the road to be squashed under the trailer, moves across completely and stays IN the bike lane as he scoots off into the sunset....digggggWAD!!, well all I could ID was his trailer number, not the prime mover and it was all rusty red anyway...wish he had a red light, I would have climbed into the cab and re-arranged his glasses and hearing aid before dragging the brainwort to the cops by the heels........
arrghhhhhhhh......

www.idiotdriver.com.au....you got another one