anti-seize for titanium?

Res09c5t

Guest
Hi, I'm picking up a used titanium frameset and have heard that I need to use some type of
anti-seize product to prevent galling of components but I don' t remember what I should use.

Two questions:
1) What should I use?

2) Which types of components? Steel, aluminum, both?

Thanks in advance. Lyle

res-<< I'm picking up a used titanium frameset and have heard that I need to use some type of
anti-seize product to prevent galling of components but I don'

Go to good automotive store and get some 'antisieze', Permatex makes some good stuff. Use on BB
shell threads, inside the seattube before the post, all other threads and inside headtube before
installing the HS...

I just had to replace the screw for the cable guide on my BB (Litespeed Classic) and never thought
about the galling problem.....think I should unscrew it and fix or it's not that big a deal on a
screw like that?

Ross

"Ross" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I just had to replace the screw for the cable guide on my BB (Litespeed Classic) and never thought
>about the galling problem.....think I should unscrew it and fix or it's not that big a deal on a
>screw like that?

Screwed fasteners are the one place I recommend anti-seize on ti bikes. I use grease for everything
else personally - but there's certainly nothing wrong with AS (other than it costs more).