anti-seize for titanium?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Res09c5t, May 30, 2003.

  1. Res09c5t

    Res09c5t Guest

    Hi, I'm picking up a used titanium frameset and have heard that I need to use some type of
    anti-seize product to prevent galling of components but I don' t remember what I should use.

    Two questions:
    1) What should I use?

    2) Which types of components? Steel, aluminum, both?

    Thanks in advance. Lyle

    Tags:

  2. res-<< I'm picking up a used titanium frameset and have heard that I need to use some type of
    anti-seize product to prevent galling of components but I don'

    Go to good automotive store and get some 'antisieze', Permatex makes some good stuff. Use on BB
    shell threads, inside the seattube before the post, all other threads and inside headtube before
    installing the HS...

  3. Ross

    Ross Guest

    I just had to replace the screw for the cable guide on my BB (Litespeed Classic) and never thought
    about the galling problem.....think I should unscrew it and fix or it's not that big a deal on a
    screw like that?

    Ross

    > res-<< I'm picking up a used titanium frameset and have heard that I need
    > use some type of anti-seize product to prevent galling of components but I
    don'

    > Go to good automotive store and get some 'antisieze', Permatex makes some
    good
    > stuff. Use on BB shell threads, inside the seattube before the post, all
    other
    > threads and inside headtube before installing the HS...

  4. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    "Ross" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I just had to replace the screw for the cable guide on my BB (Litespeed Classic) and never thought
    >about the galling problem.....think I should unscrew it and fix or it's not that big a deal on a
    >screw like that?

    Screwed fasteners are the one place I recommend anti-seize on ti bikes. I use grease for everything
    else personally - but there's certainly nothing wrong with AS (other than it costs more).