Anti-vax 10 Commandments

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Peter Bowditch, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. As part of a project on the anti-vaccination religion, I have uncovered some ancient manuscripts
    containing the Anti-vax 10 Commandments.

    1. Thou shalt have no opinion about vaccination except that it is evil.

    2. Thou shalt not take unto thee any properly conducted scientific research showing the safety or
    efficacy of vaccines, whether conducted in heaven above, or in the earth beneath, or in the water
    under the earth: Thou shalt not agree with it, nor accept it.

    3. Thou shalt not accept any notion favourable to vaccination

    4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work, for
    in six days 16,800 children will die of measles alone and on the seventh 2,800 will die while you
    are resting

    5. Honour those who speak out against vaccination that thy days may be long and children's days
    may be short.

    6. Thou shalt not kill, except by vaccine-preventable disease.

    verily it has been said of those who suffer thus: "It is their fault".

    7. Thou shalt not steal, unless it be the lives and health of children that is stolen.

    8. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour, unless thy neighbour works in
    vaccination research in which case thou mayest say anything about him regardless of truth.

    9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's knowledge of science, medicine or morals, for such knowledge
    may cause thee to accept the value of vaccination.

    --
    Peter Bowditch
    The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
    To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

    Tags:

  2. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Anti-vax 10 Commandments
    >From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
    >Date: 2/28/2004 11:21 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >As part of a project on the anti-vaccination religion

    There is no such thing.

    TEN COMMANDMENTS Revised Standard Version Exodus 20:1-17

    1. And God spoke all these words, saying,

    2. "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

    3. "You shall have no other gods before me.

    4. "You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven
    above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;

    5. you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting
    the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those
    who hate me,

    6. but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

    7. "You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him
    guiltless who takes his name in vain.

    8. "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    9. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work;
    10. but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or
    your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your cattle, or the
    sojourner who is within your gates;

    11. for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the
    seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it.

    12. "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land which the LORD your
    God gives you.

    13. "You shall not kill.

    14. "You shall not commit adultery.

    15. "You shall not steal.

    16. "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

    17. "You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his
    manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his ass, or anything that is your neighbor's."

  3. Carole

    Carole Guest

    Peter Bowditch <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > As part of a project on the anti-vaccination religion, I have uncovered some ancient manuscripts
    > containing the Anti-vax 10 Commandments.

    Who would trust a medical monopoly which systematically suppresses cures because they can't be
    patented and make big money for the pharmaceutical business?

    They say vaccinations are part of a responsible health regime, but they say a lot of things like the
    war in Iraq was all about WMD.

    Why are cures for so many chronic diseases always just around the corner?

    Did you know that cures for most diseases have already been discovered but have to be kept quiet out
    of fear of reprisals?

    Did you know that The American Medical Association was chartered by the English crown and is
    therefore a "foreign agent".

    Why trust conventional medicine?

    Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm

  4. Hotmoon

    Hotmoon Guest

    Peter,

    Although I am generally not real crazy about vaccinations, and although my own son was hurt by one
    (not disabled, just hurt), I appreciate your desire that people not be doctrinaire and/or fanatical
    about this (or any other matter). I will be getting flu shot when they are available and necessary.

    However, be that as it may, this, your quote of the number of deaths from measles is complete bunk:

    > 4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work, for
    > in six days 16,800 children will die of measles alone and on the seventh 2,800 will die while
    > you are resting

    Another point: It would be typical of hard scientists/left brain types to fail to see the suble and
    negative changes that can take place in a child after they have had a vaccination. Of course, in
    some case, such changes may be acceptable if worse harm can be avoided.

  5. Hotmoon

    Hotmoon Guest

    Peter,

    Although I am generally not real crazy about vaccinations, and although my own son was hurt by one
    (not disabled, just hurt), I appreciate your desire that people not be doctrinaire and/or fanatical
    about this (or any other matter). I will be getting flu shot when they are available and necessary.

    However, be that as it may, this, your quote of the number of deaths from measles is complete bunk:

    > 4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work, for
    > in six days 16,800 children will die of measles alone and on the seventh 2,800 will die while
    > you are resting

    Another point: It would be typical of hard scientists/left brain types to fail to see the suble and
    negative changes that can take place in a child after they have had a vaccination. Of course, in
    some case, such changes may be acceptable if worse harm can be avoided.

  6. Doug

    Doug Guest

    "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >Subject: Anti-vax 10 Commandments From: Peter Bowditch [email protected] Date: 2/28/2004
    > >11:21 PM Pacific Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    > >
    > >As part of a project on the anti-vaccination religion
    >
    > There is no such thing.
    >
    > TEN COMMANDMENTS Revised Standard Version Exodus 20:1-17
    >
    > 1. And God spoke all these words, saying,
    >
    > 2. "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out
    of
    > the house of bondage.
    >
    > 3. "You shall have no other gods before me.
    >
    > 4. "You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of
    anything
    > that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in
    the
    > water under the earth;
    >
    > 5. you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God
    am a
    > jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth
    > generation of those who hate me,
    >
    > 6. but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep
    my
    > commandments.
    >
    > 7. "You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain; for the LORD
    will
    > not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
    >
    > 8. "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    > 9. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work;
    > 10. but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God; in it you
    shall not
    > do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your
    > cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates;
    >
    > 11. for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that
    is in
    > them, and rested the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath
    day
    > and hallowed it.
    >
    > 12. "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the
    land
    > which the LORD your God gives you.
    >
    > 13. "You shall not kill.
    >
    > 14. "You shall not commit adultery.
    >
    > 15. "You shall not steal.
    >
    > 16. "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
    >
    > 17. "You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his
    > manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his
    ass,
    > or anything that is your neighbor's."

    I count 15. Did you find the extra table that Moses broke by mistake?

    --
    "The emperor is naked!"
    "No he isn't, he's merely endorsing a clothing-optional lifestyle!"

    to email me
    Please remove "all your clothes"

    Doug

  7. Doug

    Doug Guest

    "Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Peter Bowditch <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > As part of a project on the anti-vaccination religion, I have uncovered some ancient manuscripts
    > > containing the Anti-vax 10 Commandments.
    > >

    > Who would trust a medical monopoly which systematically suppresses cures because they can't be
    > patented and make big money for the pharmaceutical business?

    Would you trust a medical monopoly that ignored 'cures' that were never shown to work.

    > They say vaccinations are part of a responsible health regime, but they say a lot of things like
    > the war in Iraq was all about WMD.

    Two different 'theys'.

    > Why are cures for so many chronic diseases always just around the corner?

    Cause once the cure is available the disease is no longer chronic, so they have to move onto new
    chronic diseases.

    > Did you know that cures for most diseases have already been discovered but have to be kept quiet
    > out of fear of reprisals?

    Did you know you spew a lot of crap?

    > Did you know that The American Medical Association was chartered by the English crown and is
    > therefore a "foreign agent".

    Forein to who? I thought you were an Aussie and therefore still subject to the English crown? Or
    were you one of those not too brights that were complaining when Jonnie Howard took away your guns
    that you had a 'constitutional right'.

    > Why trust conventional medicine?

    Why trust loonies like Carole?

    > Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm

  8. Doug

  9. [email protected] (hotmoon) wrote:

    >Peter,
    >
    >Although I am generally not real crazy about vaccinations, and although my own son was hurt by one
    >(not disabled, just hurt), I appreciate your desire that people not be doctrinaire and/or fanatical
    >about this (or any other matter). I will be getting flu shot when they are available and necessary.
    >
    >However, be that as it may, this, your quote of the number of deaths from measles is complete bunk:

    You're right. Deaths are only an average of 2041 per day. I had it right on my measles death
    counter page at http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/vaxliars/measlesdeaths.htm but another number got
    into my head somehow.

    http://www.who.int/vaccine_research/diseases/measles/en/

    Disease burden. Measles, in spite of available vaccination, remains a heavy public health burden
    worldwide especially in developing countries with 30-40 million cases, 26 million DALYs (WHO, 2002 )
    and 745 000 deaths (WHO, 2002 ) for the year 2001. This represents 50-60% of the estimated million
    deaths attributable to vaccine-preventable diseases of childhood. Measles may be ultimately
    responsible for more child deaths than any other single agent because of complications from
    pneumonia, diarrhoea and malnutrition. Measles is also the major cause of preventable blindness in
    the world, affecting the same disadvantaged populations.

    To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

  10. Doug

    To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

  12. Tsu Dho Nimh

    Tsu Dho Nimh Guest

    [email protected] (Carole) wrote:

    >Peter Bowditch <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> As part of a project on the anti-vaccination religion, I have uncovered some ancient manuscripts
    >> containing the Anti-vax 10 Commandments.

    >Who would trust a medical monopoly which systematically suppresses cures because they can't be
    >patented and make big money for the pharmaceutical business?

    You mean the medical monopoly that not only dicovered, but PUBLICIZED that low doses of non-
    patentable aspirin decrease the risk of heart attachs, and that diets high in fresh vegetables
    reduce the risk of colon cancer? The one that encourages mothers to breast fee dbecause it's better
    for the babies?

    Or is there one I don't know about?

    >They say vaccinations are part of a responsible health regime, but they say a lot of things like
    >the war in Iraq was all about WMD.

    Don't confude medicine with Republicans, please.

    >Why are cures for so many chronic diseases always just around the corner?

    Many of them are "lifestyle" diseases, and the cure is in your hands. The cure for type II diabetes
    is to not get obese. The cure for COPD is to never get it by never smoking.

    >Did you know that cures for most diseases have already been discovered but have to be kept quiet
    >out of fear of reprisals?

    Oh really? And which diseases are those, and how come you are talking about it? No fear of
    reprisals?

    >Did you know that The American Medical Association was chartered by the English crown and is
    >therefore a "foreign agent".

    Any non-English association doing anything in England is classed as a "foreign agent" ...

    >Why trust conventional medicine?

    Because it publishes its results, and tests its theories.

    Tsu Dho Nimh

    --
    When businesses invoke the "protection of consumers," it's a lot like politicians invoking morality
    and children - grab your wallet and/or your kid and run for your life.

  13. Tsu Dho Nimh

    Tsu Dho Nimh Guest

    [email protected] (hotmoon) wrote:

    >However, be that as it may, this, your quote of the number of deaths from measles is complete bunk:
    >
    >> 4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work,
    >> for in six days 16,800 children will die of measles alone and on the seventh 2,800 will die
    >> while you are resting

    Third World countries lose thousands of children to measles and the associated pneumonias, because
    of no antiboitics for the pneumonias and no vaccine.

    Tsu Dho Nimh

    --
    When businesses invoke the "protection of consumers," it's a lot like politicians invoking morality
    and children - grab your wallet and/or your kid and run for your life.

  14. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    hotmoon <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Peter,
    >
    >Although I am generally not real crazy about vaccinations, and although my own son was hurt by one
    >(not disabled, just hurt),

    Could you be more specific? "Hurt" means what in this case? Was there permanent injury involved?
    (You may have answered this question before, but I'm not going to try to dig through your entire set
    of Usenet postings to try to find the answer.)

    >However, be that as it may, this, your quote of the number of deaths from measles is complete bunk:
    >
    >> 4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work,
    >> for in six days 16,800 children will die of measles alone and on the seventh 2,800 will die
    >> while you are resting

    He's not talking about the US, he's talking about the entire world. Measles can be fatal in 10% of
    the cases in children in 3rd world countries, mostly due to secondary infections and a lack of
    antibiotics.

    >Another point: It would be typical of hard scientists/left brain types to fail to see the suble and
    >negative changes that can take place in a child after they have had a vaccination. Of course, in
    >some case, such changes may be acceptable if worse harm can be avoided.

    Well, that *is* the general goal. But I don't think there's any reason to claim that "left-brain"
    types can't see subtle changes. Why would that be true?

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always
    correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
    shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  15. "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >Subject: Anti-vax 10 Commandments From: Peter Bowditch [email protected] Date: 2/28/2004
    > >11:21 PM Pacific Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    > >
    > >As part of a project on the anti-vaccination religion
    >
    > There is no such thing.

    Of course there is. Peter posted them. The use of the format of "10 Commandments" is used for
    rhetorical emphais.

    > TEN COMMANDMENTS Revised Standard Version Exodus 20:1-17
    >
    > 1. And God spoke all these words, saying,
    >
    > 2. "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out
    of
    > the house of bondage.

    Yes, Jewish folks.

    > 3. "You shall have no other gods before me.

    So, why do you pray to Jesus?

    > 4. "You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of
    anything
    > that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in
    the
    > water under the earth;

    So, why to you have a cross with Jesus on it?

    > 5. you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God
    am a
    > jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth
    > generation of those who hate me,

    Hey, that is what Jan does!

    > 6. but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep
    my
    > commandments.

    IOW, G-d is selective!

    > 7. "You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain; for the LORD
    will
    > not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.

    What happened to unconditional foregiveness?

    > 8. "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

    Jan posts on Sunday.

    > 9. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work;

    But Jan still posts on Sunday.

    > 10. but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God; in it you
    shall not
    > do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your
    > cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates;

    Jan promotes slavery

    > 11. for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that
    is in
    > them, and rested the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath
    day
    > and hallowed it.
    >
    > 12. "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the
    land
    > which the LORD your God gives you.
    >
    > 13. "You shall not kill.

    Jan fis anti-vac and promotes those who do not want children vaccinated. Thus, she wants
    dead children.

    > 14. "You shall not commit adultery.

    Jan is not an adult.

    > 15. "You shall not steal.

    OOPS. Jan quotesd lots of things without attribution. That is intellectual stealing.

    > 16. "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

    She is OCD about this one.

    > 17. "You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his
    > manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his
    ass,
    > or anything that is your neighbor's."

    [Note to Debbee...your anal fixation is not liked by G-d.]

    Must be an Alternativfe 10 Commandments since there were 17.

  16. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Peter Bowditch <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> As part of a project on the anti-vaccination religion, I have uncovered some ancient manuscripts
    >> containing the Anti-vax 10 Commandments.
    >>
    >Who would trust a medical monopoly which systematically suppresses cures because they can't be
    >patented and make big money for the pharmaceutical business?

    Of course, you're just assuming that this happens, based on stuff you've read about Awful Medical
    Conspiracies.

    Not everyone believes in that stuff. Me, for instance.

    >They say vaccinations are part of a responsible health regime, but they say a lot of things like
    >the war in Iraq was all about WMD.

    The people who say vaccinations are good are not the same people who claimed Iraq had WMDs.

    >Why are cures for so many chronic diseases always just around the corner?

    Because once we have one, it stops becoming a chronic disease, and we start worrying about
    something else.

    >Did you know that cures for most diseases have already been discovered but have to be kept quiet
    >out of fear of reprisals?

    No, I didn't know that. You don't know it either, you just think you
    do.

    >Why trust conventional medicine?

    Because it gets results and tests those results, something "alternative" remedies are loath to do,
    at least in most cases.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always
    correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
    shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  17. Hotmoon

    Hotmoon Guest

    Peter Bowditch <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<

    > You're right. Deaths are only an average of 2041 per day.

    Gee, that would mean that approximately 3 children die each day in my town from measles. What a
    frigging lie!!!!!!!! Or were you counting the whole world, much of which suffers from malnutrition.

  18. Hotmoon

    Hotmoon Guest

    [email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message news

    > But I don't think there's any reason to claim that "left-brain" types can't see subtle changes.
    > Why would that be true?

    Left-brainers tend to be externally oriented. Human, spiritual, and emotional matters do not come
    naturally to them.

  19. [email protected] (hotmoon) wrote:

    >Peter Bowditch <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<
    >
    >> You're right. Deaths are only an average of 2041 per day.
    >
    >Gee, that would mean that approximately 3 children die each day in my town from measles. What a
    >frigging lie!!!!!!!! Or were you counting the whole world, much of which suffers from malnutrition.

    Next time, keep reading. I am pleased th see that you don't think that children in other
    countries matter.

    To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

  20. Tsu Dho Nimh

    Tsu Dho Nimh Guest

    [email protected] (hotmoon) wrote:

    >[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message news
    >

    >> But I don't think there's any reason to claim that "left-brain" types can't see subtle changes.
    >> Why would that be true?
    >
    >Left-brainers tend to be externally oriented. Human, spiritual, and emotional matters do not come
    >naturally to them.

    You never answered his question about what you meant by "hurt".

    Tsu Dho Nimh