Antibiotics and Increased Breast Cancer: Low DHEA

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by James Michael H, Feb 17, 2004.

1. "Antibiotic Use in Relation to the Risk
    of Breast Cancer," C.M. Velicer, et al., Journal of the American Medical
    Association 2004; 291: 827-835

Velicer, et al., reported that the "Use of antibiotics is associated with increased risk of incident
    and fatal breast cancer."

Copyright 2004, James Michael Howard, Fayetteville, Arkansas, U.S.A.

It is my hypothesis (1994) that low dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) may trigger oncogenes and that
    high testosterone may reduce DHEA, therefore increasing the probability of cancer. Both of these
    have since received support. For example, hormone replacement therapy decreases DHEA and HRT has
    been found to increase the incidence of breast cancer. Also, consumption of ethanol by women
    increases testosterone; alcohol consumption by women has been connected with increased breast
    cancer. ("How 'Hormone Replacement Therapy' (HRT) May Cause Breast Cancer" at
    www.anthropogeny.com/research.html .)

It is known that DHEA exerts protective effects against many forms of infections, including
    bacteria. I suggest the connection of increased breast cancer in women who have required antibiotics
    is low DHEA. That is, low DHEA in these women reduced their immune response which subsequently
    required the aid of antibiotics. I suggest the increased incidence of breast cancer in these women
    is reduced DHEA, not antibiotics.

James Michael Howard www.anthropogeny.com

Tags: