Anwser my Survey re: Losing Weight with French Cooking

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by AdinaCooks, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. AdinaCooks

    AdinaCooks Guest

    Hello,

    I'm surveying to see if I should write a book called How to Loose
    Weight with French Cooking! I would like to ask questions of anyone who
    likes to cook and wants to lose weight. The recipes that I have put
    together are really delicious and I'd be happy to give some out to
    anyone who will answer a survey!

    Please reply to [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. ~patches~

    ~patches~ Guest

    AdinaCooks wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm surveying to see if I should write a book called How to Loose
    > Weight with French Cooking! I would like to ask questions of anyone who
    > likes to cook and wants to lose weight. The recipes that I have put
    > together are really delicious and I'd be happy to give some out to
    > anyone who will answer a survey!
    >
    > Please reply to [email protected]

    Why discriminate? What about a cookbook for those who need and want to
    gain weight AND love cooking? I'd love to see your suggestions.

  3. fudge

    fudge Guest

    Your question is an oxymoron. French food is floating in butter and cream.
    Anything else is not French food. One does not shed weight consuming butter
    and cream.

    F.J.

    news:[email protected]

  4. fudge wrote:
    > Your question is an oxymoron. French food is floating in butter and cream.
    > Anything else is not French food. One does not shed weight consuming butter
    > and cream.
    >
    > F.J.

    Got news for you babe...

    You consume ONLY butter and cream, and no carbs (starch, sugar or
    otherwise), you will LOSE weight.

    Rapidly.

    Google for "fat fasting".

  5. rosie

    rosie Guest

    AdinaCooks wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm surveying to see if I should write a book called How to Loose
    > Weight with French Cooking! I would like to ask questions of anyone who
    > likes to cook and wants to lose weight. The recipes that I have put
    > together are really delicious and I'd be happy to give some out to
    > anyone who will answer a survey!
    >
    > Please reply to [email protected]

    Sounds good to me, I enjoy French cooking, and losing weight too. The
    French women I know are usually thin and look great, after observing, (
    living next door to a lovely French couple for several years) I found
    that she eats this wonderful food, but just small amounts of it.

    How would your cookbook be set up ??

    Rosie

  6. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > fudge wrote:
    >> Your question is an oxymoron. French food is floating in butter and
    >> cream. Anything else is not French food. One does not shed weight
    >> consuming butter and cream.
    >>
    >> F.J.
    >>

    > Got news for you babe...
    >
    > You consume ONLY butter and cream, and no carbs (starch, sugar or
    > otherwise), you will LOSE weight.
    >
    > Rapidly.

    But your cholesterol will go through the roof.

  7. Peter A

    Peter A Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

    > > Your question is an oxymoron. French food is floating in butter and cream.
    > > Anything else is not French food. One does not shed weight consuming butter
    > > and cream.
    > >
    > > F.J.

    Responding to the original poster of the above remark - absolute
    nonsense! You know nothing about French food other than a few
    stereotypes.

    --
    Peter Aitken
    Visit my recipe and kitchen myths pages at www.pgacon.com/cooking.htm

  8. jmcquown wrote:
    > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > > fudge wrote:
    > >> Your question is an oxymoron. French food is floating in butter and
    > >> cream. Anything else is not French food. One does not shed weight
    > >> consuming butter and cream.
    > >>
    > >> F.J.
    > >>

    > > Got news for you babe...
    > >
    > > You consume ONLY butter and cream, and no carbs (starch, sugar or
    > > otherwise), you will LOSE weight.
    > >
    > > Rapidly.
    > >

    > But your cholesterol will go through the roof.

    Uh, no, actually it'll go thru the floor...
    So will your triglyceride level.

    I'm in a position to test this and have. ;-)

    Simple carbs, especially starch and sugar, run your serum lipid levels
    up.
    Fats have no effect.

    The FDA has been lying for the last 40 years.
    Talking out their collective asses.

    Cheers!
    Om

  9. Peter A

    Peter A Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

    > Simple carbs, especially starch and sugar, run your serum lipid levels
    > up. Fats have no effect.

    This statement is such a gross oversimplification as to be almost 100%
    wrong. The second sentence is about 150% incorrect.

    > The FDA has been lying for the last 40 years.
    > Talking out their collective asses.

    Absolute bullshit. The FDA provided the public with the best advice it
    could based on the information available at the time. New information
    has become available, and some of the older information has been shown
    to be wrong. That is not lying.

    --
    Peter Aitken
    Visit my recipe and kitchen myths pages at www.pgacon.com/cooking.htm

  10. ~patches~

    ~patches~ Guest

    jmcquown wrote:

    > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    >
    >>fudge wrote:
    >>
    >>>Your question is an oxymoron. French food is floating in butter and
    >>>cream. Anything else is not French food. One does not shed weight
    >>>consuming butter and cream.
    >>>
    >>>F.J.
    >>>

    >>Got news for you babe...
    >>
    >>You consume ONLY butter and cream, and no carbs (starch, sugar or
    >>otherwise), you will LOSE weight.
    >>
    >>Rapidly.
    >>

    > But your cholesterol will go through the roof.

    Your cholesterol will only go through the roof if you neglect to wash
    down those fats with the appropriate amount of alcohol ;)

  11. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    ~patches~ wrote:
    > jmcquown wrote:
    >
    >> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

    >>> Got news for you babe...
    >>>
    >>> You consume ONLY butter and cream, and no carbs (starch, sugar or
    >>> otherwise), you will LOSE weight.
    >>>
    >>> Rapidly.
    >>>

    >> But your cholesterol will go through the roof.
    >>

    > Your cholesterol will only go through the roof if you neglect to wash
    > down those fats with the appropriate amount of alcohol ;)

    Ah, I forgot to mention that, didn't I? ;)

  12. BOB

    BOB Guest

    AdinaCooks wrote:
    :: Hello,
    ::
    :: I'm surveying to see if I should write a book called How to Loose
    :: Weight with French Cooking! I would like to ask questions of anyone
    who
    :: likes to cook and wants to lose weight. The recipes that I have put
    :: together are really delicious and I'd be happy to give some out to
    :: anyone who will answer a survey!
    ::
    :: Please reply to [email protected]

    Yeah. Sure. I'll give you my e-mail address. You want my bank
    account number too?

    Click here:
    http://amishrakefight.org/gfy/
    or here:
    http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/sunshine.jpg

    BOB
    --
    Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

  13. Hairy

    Hairy Guest

    "AdinaCooks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm surveying to see if I should write a book called How to Loose
    > Weight with French Cooking! I would like to ask questions of anyone who
    > likes to cook and wants to lose weight. The recipes that I have put
    > together are really delicious and I'd be happy to give some out to
    > anyone who will answer a survey!
    >
    > Please reply to [email protected]

    Your book will have more credibility if you don't spell it quite that way.

    Dave