Any advice?

morana

Oct 6, 2004
I can buy a 2nd hand SRM pro for €1000 which needs the battery replacing (from a trustworthy guy!) or should I buy a new powertap 2.4 (~$1500)....

Any advice??
Thanks

morana said:
Any advice??
Sure. Don't listen to strangers on the internet who don't know anything about your intended use for the system, your bike setup(s), or the types of riding that you do. ;)

frenchyge said:
Sure. Don't listen to strangers on the internet who don't know anything about your intended use for the system, your bike setup(s), or the types of riding that you do. ;)
or dont eat yellow snow!

frenchyge said:
intended use....well I suppose that would be training with a power meter to become a better racer!

Bike setup is a normal 2 wheeled affair!

Types or riding I do ..I race bikes..surely you dont think I would go to the expense to become a better tourer?

morana said:
I can buy a 2nd hand SRM pro for €1000 which needs the battery replacing (from a trustworthy guy!) or should I buy a new powertap 2.4 (~$1500)....

Any advice??
Thanks
do you currently have a PM?

rmur17 said:
do you currently have a PM?
Yes I have a PT pro.

My good wheels are 404's and when I use them I dont get the power from races and while its not a big deal it would be nice to get power from races. I would use the PT wheel in training races

morana said:
Yes I have a PT pro.

My good wheels are 404's and when I use them I dont get the power from races and while its not a big deal it would be nice to get power from races. I would use the PT wheel in training races
well if the SRM is indeed as described I'd tend to go for that. Using existing race wheels is one of it's biggest advantages ...

And I'll admit I'd steer clear of new offerings until they're out a year or more.

morana said:
Yes I have a PT pro.

Have you considered having your LBS rebuild your rear 404 onto a PT SL hub? It should cost a lot less than even the used SRM, reuse your existing wiring harness and computer, and allow the same upload settings in WKO+ as well as the same time sampling and display averaging as your existing PT hub. Seems like the cost effective and simple way to go to me.

-Dave