Any bakers out there?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Kd, Mar 11, 2004.

  1. Kd

    Kd Guest

    Hi again folks:

    Are any of you bread bakers? I'd love to find a decent bread
    recipe that isn't too high in points. I currently use WW or
    a new one that is taking its place here in Atlantic Canada
    called BodyWise, but it's pretty uninspiring. Plain old
    brown bread, could be just coloured brown for all I know,
    just small in size. I'd love to try making my own.

    Tonight my experiment was a bagel recipe I found online,
    two points a bagel. At first I thought it was going to be
    terrible, the dough was really...well, it just didn't feel
    right! But I continued on like they were going to be fine.
    I'm just taking them out of the oven, and not bad! I'll
    definitely try them again. I used sesame seeds for these
    ones, but I think I need something more flavourful for
    next time.

    KD

    Tags:

  2. I haven't tried any of these yet, but there are quite a few
    recipes here with Point Values given,

    http://www.angelfire.com/journal/wwrecipes/bread.htm

    "KD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%[email protected]
    nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
    > Hi again folks:
    >
    > Are any of you bread bakers? I'd love to find a decent
    > bread recipe that isn't too high in points. I currently
    > use WW or a new one that is taking
    its
    > place here in Atlantic Canada called BodyWise, but
    > it's pretty
    uninspiring.
    > Plain old brown bread, could be just coloured brown
    > for all I know, just small in size. I'd love to try
    > making my own.
    >
    > Tonight my experiment was a bagel recipe I found online,
    > two points a
    bagel.
    > At first I thought it was going to be terrible, the
    > dough was
    really...well,
    > it just didn't feel right! But I continued on like they
    > were going to be fine. I'm just taking them out of the
    > oven, and not bad! I'll definitely try them again. I used
    > sesame seeds for these ones, but I think I need something
    > more flavourful for next time.
    >
    > KD

  3. recipe please? Lee
    KD <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...
    > Hi again folks:
    >
    > Are any of you bread bakers? I'd love to find a decent
    > bread recipe that isn't too high in points. I currently
    > use WW or a new one that is taking
    its
    > place here in Atlantic Canada called BodyWise, but
    > it's pretty
    uninspiring.
    > Plain old brown bread, could be just coloured brown
    > for all I know, just small in size. I'd love to try
    > making my own.
    >
    > Tonight my experiment was a bagel recipe I found online,
    > two points a
    bagel.
    > At first I thought it was going to be terrible, the
    > dough was
    really...well,
    > it just didn't feel right! But I continued on like they
    > were going to be fine. I'm just taking them out of the
    > oven, and not bad! I'll definitely try them again. I used
    > sesame seeds for these ones, but I think I need something
    > more flavourful for next time.
    >
    > KD

  4. recipe please? Lee