Any bike shops in Sydney that trade in bikes?

RossB

New Member
Aug 20, 2003
I'm thinking about upgrading my fairly new Trek 1500 to something in CF. Is anyone aware of which bike shops in Sydney would consider trading in a recent model bike against a new one? Or is the Trading Post the only option?

Ross

Originally posted by RossB
I'm thinking about upgrading my fairly new Trek 1500 to something in CF. Is anyone aware of which bike shops in Sydney would consider trading in a recent model bike against a new one? Or is the Trading Post the only option?

Ross

I think Universe cycles in Parramatta do as they have a farily large selection of 2nd hand bikes there. I would bet that you may be fairly insulted at they price they would offer as trade-in but that's only a guess.

ebay.com.au would be good as well, I would be happy to purchase somethign good and 2nd hand but nothing in my frame size.

You could also advertise here...

Originally posted by RossB
I'm thinking about upgrading my fairly new Trek 1500 to something in CF. Is anyone aware of which bike shops in Sydney would consider trading in a recent model bike against a new one? Or is the Trading Post the only option?

Ross

I was looking for just the same thing about a year ago when I was trading my Trek up. I went to Turramurra Cyclery on the Pacific Highway and talked to them about trading in. They do not specifically trade in, but if you buy a bike from them (they are a Trek dealer) they will put your bike for sale on a consignment basis in their store. They will take a small cut of what you get but it is up to you what price you put on it.

Just for your info I upgraded to the 2300. A great bike!

"Aussie cycler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> RossB wrote:
> > I'm thinking about upgrading my fairly new Trek 1500 to something in
> > CF. Is anyone aware of which bike shops in Sydney would consider trading in a recent model
> > bike against a new one?

Dee Why Cycles on the northern beaches used to do this - not sure if still do - were nice people to
deal with.

best, Andrew