Any bike tours in Oregon?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by dennisg, May 11, 2003.

  1. dennisg

    dennisg New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2003
    I'd love to do an organized bike tour in Oregon. Can anyone recommend a tour company that arranges multi-day tours through that state?

    Tags:

  2. The largest bicycle tour in Oregon is Cycle Oregon. This is done in early September. Has 2000
    riders. Has outstanding support. This year is in north eastern Oregon in a beautiful mountain area
    but the ride this year only has one major climbing day. http://www.cycleoregon.com/

    Another tour that is smaller (300) is the Oregon Bicycle Ride. This summer it goes through a very
    remote and dry area. http://www.oregonbicycleride.org/

    --
    Alan C. Acock [email protected] [email protected] http://www.orst.edu/dept/hdfs/acock/

  3. In article <[email protected]>, dennisg <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I'd love to do an organized bike tour in Oregon. Can anyone recommend a tour company that arranges
    >multi-day tours through that state?

    One I have used is called "Mountain Velo" based in Ashland, they do tours of Oregon and the Scott
    Valley and Marble Mountain Wilderness area in northern California. (When I say northern in this case
    it means northern, unlike the bay area which is not really northern CA at all.)

    Contact Russ or Renee Rickert Mountain Velo 164 Almeda Dr Ashland OR 97520 541-482-8704

    The groups tend to be small and rides tend to be around 4-7 days.

    These rides do fill up.

    --Paul

  4. B

    B Guest

    >Contact Russ or Renee Rickert Mountain Velo 164 Almeda Dr Ashland OR 97520 541-482-8704

    do they have an internet address? B

    (remove clothes to reply)

  5. In article <[email protected]>, B <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>Contact Russ or Renee Rickert Mountain Velo 164 Almeda Dr Ashland OR 97520 541-482-8704
    >
    >do they have an internet address? B

    They do not have a glossy web site but they do put some of their rides up on the siskiyoucyclery.com
    web site (that is a local shop in Ashland). But if you're interested I suggest using the phone.

    They will also organize custom-designed supported tours if you have enough people & money.

    --Paul