any bikes built for stand up pedalling only?

pfb8888

Aug 26, 2006
hi i am a runner who would like to train more on a bike.are there any specialized bikes out there for this?
- i'm thinking about building my own if there isnt something out there
- thiking it could be lighter without seat and extra framework
- i have used a regular roadbike standing up for 30-40 minutes and find it easier on my knees and butt as well as coming closer to simulating the running motion

any help or suggestions?

I would say no, except trials bikes but you aren't going to go anywhere on one of those. It would be very dangerous not to have a seat there, as if you naturally sit down, you will get a nasty surprise. If you get fitted to a road bike correctly it will be very easy on your knees and a good saddle and chamois will save your butt. Cycling is incredibly low impact compared to running, and cross training using a bike may even cause you less training injuries, causing you to run for longer.

pfb8888 said:
hi i am a runner who would like to train more on a bike.are there any specialized bikes out there for this?
- i'm thinking about building my own if there isnt something out there
- thiking it could be lighter without seat and extra framework
- i have used a regular roadbike standing up for 30-40 minutes and find it easier on my knees and butt as well as coming closer to simulating the running motion

any help or suggestions?

Trials bike: mostly for doing tricks.
CONTROL-BIKE-RED-01.jpg

You might like a soft ride - you could take off the beam. Gotta say it's kind of a nutty idea though - there's not much disadvantage to having a seat.

trisports_1909_31690152