Any cheap sources of sunscreen?



Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doug

Guest
Hey all,

Any places online or other where, say, a gallon can be bought cheap?

I realize this is not relevant to the group, but for lack of a better place. I've searched the 'net
and Dejanews for info already. To at least have technical content, I prefer SPF 45 with UVA/UVB,
moisturizers, water/sweat resistance, and known good quality. Homemade, which I've read about, is
out of the question.

I have to think some fellow bikers have faced the same problem, namely high sunscreen costs. I go
through about $10 of per 1.5 weeks or so when I and my SO are in the heavy cycling season, which
lasts 9 months or more in So. Cal. That really adds up quick.

Thanks, Doug
 
G

Gary German

Guest
"Doug" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hey all,
>
> Any places online or other where, say, a gallon can be bought cheap?
>
> I realize this is not relevant to the group, but for lack of a better place. I've searched the
> 'net and Dejanews for info already. To at least have technical content, I prefer SPF 45 with
> UVA/UVB, moisturizers, water/sweat resistance, and known good quality. Homemade, which I've read
> about, is out of the question.
>
> I have to think some fellow bikers have faced the same problem, namely high sunscreen costs. I go
> through about $10 of per 1.5 weeks or so when I and my SO are in the heavy cycling season, which
> lasts 9 months or more in So. Cal. That really adds up quick.
>
> Thanks, Doug

Haven't used 'em, but a Google search for "bulk sunscreen" turned up this:

http://www.rmsunscreen.com/sunscreen.htm

Gary G.
 
B

Bruce

Guest
Doug wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Any places online or other where, say, a gallon can be bought cheap?

Lots of places sell it by the litre, but I'm guessing you meant to ask on a LOCAL newsgroup?
 
B

Bob Denton

Guest
On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 22:36:59 -0800, "Gary German" <[email protected]_NOSPAMX_.net> wrote:

>"Doug" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Any places online or other where, say, a gallon can be bought cheap?
The Dollar Store! That's where I buy all my sunscreen. Some brands are better than others in terms
of feel, etc, but I usually get SPF 40-50 for $1 a bottle. The last batch I had was blueberry?! I
typically buy 5 or 10 at a time.

I used it this weekend riding 100 miles at 91F!

cya Bob Denton Gulf Stream International Delray Beach, Florida www.sinkthestink.com Manufacturers of
Sink the Stink
 
P

Paul Kopit

Guest
On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 06:22:31 GMT, Doug <[email protected]> wrote:

>Any places online or other where, say, a gallon can be bought cheap?

99¢ Stores

Somewhere in this link <http://tinyurl.com/76qd> is a private label manufacturer of cosmetics. Phone
one of them. I know there are several in the San Fernando Valley and also in Riverside County.

PS: I don't think that there are performance differences between 45 and 30.
 
G

Gary Young

Guest
Doug <[email protected]> wrote: <snip>
> I have to think some fellow bikers have faced the same problem, namely high sunscreen costs. I go
> through about $10 of per 1.5 weeks or so when I and my SO are in the heavy cycling season, which
> lasts 9 months or more in So. Cal. That really adds up quick.

Your message brought a ray of sunshine into my life. As I was riding to work this morning in the
20-degree weather, dodging ice patches and winter potholes, I thought to myself, "At least I don't
have that sunscreen problem." :)
 
D

Doug

Guest
>> I have to think some fellow bikers have faced the same problem, namely high sunscreen costs.
>
>Your message brought a ray of sunshine into my life. As I was riding to work this morning in the
>20-degree weather, dodging ice patches and winter potholes, I thought to myself, "At least I don't
>have that sunscreen problem." :)

rotfl!
 
G

Gary Smiley

Guest
It might not seem that way, but actually the sun is getting pretty strong this time of year
regardless of the temperature.

Gary Young wrote:

> As I was riding to work this morning in the 20-degree weather, dodging ice patches and winter
> potholes, I thought to myself, "At least I don't have that sunscreen problem." :)
 
D

Dick

Guest
Fortunately winter clothing tends to have a fairly high spf. Next.

Gary Smiley wrote:
> It might not seem that way, but actually the sun is getting pretty strong this time of year
> regardless of the temperature.
>
> Gary Young wrote:
>
>
>>As I was riding to work this morning in the 20-degree weather, dodging ice patches and winter
>>potholes, I thought to myself, "At least I don't have that sunscreen problem." :)
 
B

Billx

Guest
Less real estate to cover in winter but still need to treat the face if you're sun sensitive as snow
acts like a reflector magnifying the sun's rays
:-(

**** wrote in message ...
>Fortunately winter clothing tends to have a fairly high spf. Next.
>
>Gary Smiley wrote:
>> It might not seem that way, but actually the sun is getting pretty strong this time of year
>> regardless of the temperature.
>>
>> Gary Young wrote:
>>
>>
>>>As I was riding to work this morning in the 20-degree weather, dodging ice patches and winter
>>>potholes, I thought to myself, "At least I don't have that sunscreen problem." :)
>>
>
 
R

Rincon

Guest
Is it morning yet in Alaska?

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 07:34:23 -0500, Bob Denton <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 22:36:59 -0800, "Gary German" <[email protected]_NOSPAMX_.net> wrote:
>
>>"Doug" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> Any places online or other where, say, a gallon can be bought cheap?
>The Dollar Store! That's where I buy all my sunscreen. Some brands are better than others in terms
>of feel, etc, but I usually get SPF 40-50 for $1 a bottle. The last batch I had was blueberry?! I
>typically buy 5 or 10 at a time.
>
>I used it this weekend riding 100 miles at 91F!
>
>cya Bob Denton Gulf Stream International Delray Beach, Florida www.sinkthestink.com Manufacturers
>of Sink the Stink
 
Status
Not open for further replies.