Any Christian cyclist out there?

Chad-GA

Apr 19, 2005
Want a way to show off your faith while doing something you love?

Me too, unfortuanately you will not find anything like that at any typical cycling apparel retailer.

There is a place you can go to get a cool cycling jersey that will give you an opportunity to be a witness for Christ in a bold way. Check out the jersey at http://www.unfulfilled.org (click on the "Tools for Sowing Seeds" link on the left).

In Jesus's last words before ascending into Heaven, he commands his disciples to go and make disciples and to teach and baptize them. (Mark 16:20; Matthew 28:19, 20) It is "The Great Commission".

It is a powerful way to witness and is inspiring just to wear it proudly. Let me know if you would like a better picture of me wearing it or if you need a sizing chart. I would be happy to send you either.

God Bless!
Chad

Reactions: haleylx4
We have "Bikes For Bibles" in Australia, part of The Bible Society. Search Google for their site. ;)

God, if one exists, will not get you up the hill regardless of the moto on your jersey...

Chad-GA said:
Want a way to show off your faith while doing something you love?

Me too, unfortuanately you will not find anything like that at any typical cycling apparel retailer.

There is a place you can go to get a cool cycling jersey that will give you an opportunity to be a witness for Christ in a bold way. Check out the jersey at http://www.unfulfilled.org (click on the "Tools for Sowing Seeds" link on the left).

In Jesus's last words before ascending into Heaven, he commands his disciples to go and make disciples and to teach and baptize them. (Mark 16:20; Matthew 28:19, 20) It is "The Great Commission".

It is a powerful way to witness and is inspiring just to wear it proudly. Let me know if you would like a better picture of me wearing it or if you need a sizing chart. I would be happy to send you either.

God Bless!
Chad

schamber said:
God, if one exists, will not get you up the hill regardless of the moto on your jersey...
you totally missed his point.

oh, and sometimes the logo on your clothes DOES inspire you to keep going.
i used it for the Boston Marathon and yes...

That jersey is awesome! I'm looking into getting one for myself.

Remember that those who do not know God tend to get defensive in their insecurity.

Here in Denver, my church has a team that does centuries together. It's really fun. We have gotten a team together for the last 6 Ride-The-Rockies tours (6years).

snyper0311 said:
That jersey is awesome! I'm looking into getting one for myself.

Remember that those who do not know God tend to get defensive in their insecurity.

Here in Denver, my church has a team that does centuries together. It's really fun. We have gotten a team together for the last 6 Ride-The-Rockies tours (6years).
Thanks Snyper, if you do get one, be sure to send me a picture of you in it.

As for those who don't have a personal relationship with Jesus, I certainly know what that is like. It wasn't long ago that I was in the same spot. I can only speak from my own experience and I am thankful that I opened my mind and my heart to the possibility that there was a God and that he wants me to have a personal relationship with him. I am a better and more fulfilled man today than I was without Him. No logical argument can ever take that away.

I am glad to hear that you also have a group you ride with. There is a group of guys from our church that go every Saturday morning for a mountain bike ride at Blanket's Creek in Canton, GA. It is a blast!

Take care.

How would you guys feel if someone rode up to you in an "American Atheists" jersey?

Would you feel like striking up a conversation about the weather with him/her?

Would your first impression be a negative one?

Would you feel insulted in some way?

Would you be embarassed to be seen with him? Would you refuse to ride with him?

Would you get defensive?

How would you guys feel if someone rode up to you in an "American Atheists" jersey? - I'd probably kind of feel a little bit sorry for him or her.

Would you feel like striking up a conversation about the weather with him/her? - Sure, why not. I am not offended by people that are atheists. I was one only about 7 or 8 months ago.

Would your first impression be a negative one? - I can't say my impression would be positive, but more sympathetic than negative.

Would you feel insulted in some way? - Not even a little bit.

Would you be embarassed to be seen with him? Would you refuse to ride with him? - Not at all. Actually quite the contrary. I am guessing that someone like that probably does not have an opportunity or desire to hang out with someone with strong Christian beliefs. I am a pretty normal guy actually with a great sense of humor. I have a great family, a great job and some great friends, some that live with Christ in their hearts and others that do not. I am not some bible beating kook that does not have a sense for reality. Like I said before, I am just thankful that my heart and mind were opened at this stage in my life so that I may experience the abundant life that is promised me through faith in Jesus Christ. I just hope that I can expose others to that in whatever way I can. That jersey is just one of those ways.

Would you get defensive? - No, but I would be curious. When I decided to follow Christ, I was transformed. I am sure that sounds silly to you (it used to to me), but I know what he has done for me and my wife does too. It has been an amazing experience for me, kind of like winning the lottery in a way. If you won the lottery, wouldn't you want to tell others. That is kind of how I feel. To be honest, I have a hard time understanding why other Christian's don't tell more people about their salvation and changed life.

Anyway, why would someone choose to boldly state that they are an atheist? It would be kind of like wearing a shirt that said "I am a know it all, just ask me". Okay, whatever floats your boat. I hope that make sense.

regarding the american athiests jersey...it would depend on whether it had a good color scheme. does it match the bike? does it match the shorts?

you see minivans all across the US with their magnetic stickers on them, saying LOOK AT ME, which is what we americans do.
and the bumper sticker with the ''proud parent of an honor student at so-and-so elementary school''

do we ever go up to those soccer moms and neutered Dads (ok my mini-rant---Dads get rid of the minivan--at least get an SUV, even a little one, and get your 'nads back!), and inquire about their honor student? or say congratulations?

Would we react the same, with indifference (or in my case, nausea...remember, the minivan is the car of the idiot), if we saw a car with a bumper sticker that said,
"Proud parent of a Registered Sex Offender"

not a sermon, just a thought
:eek:

Well then we can be riding buddies! I don't really have an American Atheists jersey though. Your comments pretty much reflect mine - in a mirror image kind of opposite way.

But you'll think of me as lost and unfulfilled, and I'll think of you as superstitious and naive (just as I was many years ago); so we'll have to find something else to talk about... same way I do with all my other christian, buddhist, muslem, and hindu friends.

My impression of riding in Georgia is hot, humid, and that red clay stuff everywhere, am I wrong?

Chad-GA said:
Anyway, why would someone choose to boldly state that they are an atheist? It would be kind of like wearing a shirt that said "I am a know it all, just ask me". Okay, whatever floats your boat. I hope that make sense

Nope, that doesn't make any sense. Why do you see a distinction?

DiabloScott said:
How would you guys feel if someone rode up to you in an "American Atheists" jersey?

Like Chad, I really wouldn't feel any different towards a jersey. After all, it's how you ride that makes the impression.

Would you feel like striking up a conversation about the weather with him/her?

Sure, why not? We are all people that have something interesting to say.

Would your first impression be a negative one?

No. Everyone has a choice. You have the choice to be saved. Sure, God is a merciful God, but he will not force you to change. You have to want to change. I try to look for the good in everyone.

Would you feel insulted in some way?

No, as I stated above, you have the choice.

Would you be embarassed to be seen with him? Would you refuse to ride with him?

No. Choosing to be atheist is his/your choice. As long as it's not offensive to others, I don't care what you wear.

Would you get defensive?

This is the answer to the last question.
I think that a person tends to get defensive only when they feel threatened. I'm guilty of getting defensive over certain things but only when really backed into a corner. It's human nature. If you can ride, I really don't care what you wear.

I don't believe that I did miss his point and, by the way, Manson had a number of blind followers.

Eilert Pilarm said:
you totally missed his point.

oh, and sometimes the logo on your clothes DOES inspire you to keep going.
i used it for the Boston Marathon and yes...

as i was saying...a thread about politics, religion, or sex will be the most active one on the board.

well i didnt actually say it. but i think i intimated it :rolleyes:

we need a red devil smilie over there-------------->

DiabloScott said:
Well then we can be riding buddies! I don't really have an American Atheists jersey though. Your comments pretty much reflect mine - in a mirror image kind of opposite way.

But you'll think of me as lost and unfulfilled, and I'll think of you as superstitious and naive (just as I was many years ago); so we'll have to find something else to talk about... same way I do with all my other christian, buddhist, muslem, and hindu friends.

My impression of riding in Georgia is hot, humid, and that red clay stuff everywhere, am I wrong?

Nope, that doesn't make any sense. Why do you see a distinction?
Sounds okay with me. The distinction in my last comment has to do with motive. I am hoping to improve your life by sharing mine.

As for riding in Georgia, yes is can get pretty hot and sticky in the summer months, but I expect it to be about 28 deg and bone dry when we hit the trail tomorrow morning. It is going to hurt at first. The red clay is not too prominant deep in the woods, besides it is not all that much different to ride on than other surfaces. I am not too picky as long as I get to ride.