any clydesdales here have experience with continental GP3000 tires?.....

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Smokey, Apr 7, 2003.

  1. Smokey

    Smokey Guest

    things like mileage, grip (wet and dry), and how they rate for resisting punctures. thanks
    in advance!

    Tags:

  2. smokey wrote:

    > things like mileage, grip (wet and dry), and how they rate for resisting punctures. thanks in
    > advance!

    I'm 6'1", 230 lbs and I ride the 25mm GP3000's on a Trek 5200 and before that, a Trek 1000. I've
    liked them enough to use three pairs of them without wanting anything else. I get about 1500-1700
    miles out of a set before I replace them. The sidewalls seem to develop little knocks in them that
    cause me to replace them. I also can't remember the last time I got a flat. <G>

    They're tires, and I forget they're there, which is a good thing.

    Barry