Any Comments On Fsa Team Issue Crank Set?

coltrane

Jun 17, 2004
I am looking at buying a 2004 Giant TCR 1 with an FSA Team Crankset. Anything I should know? Any pros or cons vs. Dura Ace? Thank you

coltrane said:
I am looking at buying a 2004 Giant TCR 1 with an FSA Team Crankset. Anything I should know? Any pros or cons vs. Dura Ace? Thank you
I've got the Carbon Pro Team Triple on my DA-equipped frame, and like it a lot. Shifting is great, chainring wear looks minimal after 3200 miles. I run it with a Megatech OS BB and ISIS spindle.

Believe they offer high-quality and performance for the dollar. I'm sure DA works fine also, but I like to support the quality american manufacturers where possible....Shimano got enough of my dollars for their shifters and derailleurs.

dhk said:
I've got the Carbon Pro Team Triple on my DA-equipped frame, and like it a lot. Shifting is great, chainring wear looks minimal after 3200 miles. I run it with a Megatech OS BB and ISIS spindle.

Believe they offer high-quality and performance for the dollar. I'm sure DA works fine also, but I like to support the quality american manufacturers where possible....Shimano got enough of my dollars for their shifters and derailleurs.

I've got a Carbon Pro Team double and, although it only has about 1,000 miles on it thus far, I have generally been pleased. Looks "trick," shifts well, is lighter than most aluminum cranks, and feels stiff underfoot. I have an octalink version running with an Ultegra BB. This combo is probably about the same weight as running the 9-speed Dura Ace crank with its matching Dura Ace bottom bracket. The 10-speed Dura Ace crank is supposed to be awesome, but I just can't get past the "Gonzo nose" look it inspires (or the "gonzo" price it commands, either). While FSA is based in the US, I believe that most (if not all) of their gear is made in Taiwan.

supergiraffe said:
I've got a Carbon Pro Team double and, although it only has about 1,000 miles on it thus far, I have generally been pleased. Looks "trick," shifts well, is lighter than most aluminum cranks, and feels stiff underfoot. I have an octalink version running with an Ultegra BB. This combo is probably about the same weight as running the 9-speed Dura Ace crank with its matching Dura Ace bottom bracket. The 10-speed Dura Ace crank is supposed to be awesome, but I just can't get past the "Gonzo nose" look it inspires (or the "gonzo" price it commands, either). While FSA is based in the US, I believe that most (if not all) of their gear is made in Taiwan.

FSA's website says they are a Seattle-based manufacturer, and do everything from start-to-finish...design, engineer, build and test, under one roof. They take a shot at other companies who only market Asian products.